Spa-serve Or Trade Price Hot Tubs

Does anyone else find themselves in this position with either of these company's?

Told delivery was 6 weeks worst case scenario.... More like 4 weeks. we ordered in the beginning of june.

We had a confirmation delivery date for the 5th Sept 2008, Me and my partner both booked the day off work and also we had a sparky waiting here ready to connect as specified by spa serve.

They didn't turn up or contact us that this delivery wasn't going to happen. we waited like fools for 8hrs.

We have since wrote to them twice, the latter threatening to take them to court, we still havn't heard anything.

I have now contacted the courts about getting my 5k back.

Just out of interest does anyone else find themselves in a simular situation to us, i feel sick that i have paid these crooks 5k of my money up front and they couldn't give a s*** about us.

Would love to hear from anyone regarding the above company's

Regards in advance.

Did you pay with a charge card? if so, call your card company and stop the payment.

I know you don't want to hear this, but this is why many on the forum say to go to a local dealer, at least you could put your hands around their necks!

What happens is you pay a company called Trade Price Hot Tubs a full refundable deposit of £500.00

They then send a surveyor out to your house once happy with access you place your order, this is when the remainding balance was paid, unfortunately i paid by cheque, i have contacted my bank and they told me there is nothing i can do.

As i said that was in June, after getting suspicious i wrote them a letter demanding a delivery date and also some questions i had regarding the quality of the tubs after reading some forums I ( i know too late ) They contacted me with a confirmation delivery date on the 5th sept 08, they also stated that if i couldn't make the arrangement i would have to pay a fine Haha.

They never turned up, since writing to them again a couple of times i still have not received anything from them, as you can imagine im very worried which is why i've taken the court route.

Having read some forums after getting suss i was just intriuged to see how many other folk have recieved poor service off these crooks.

Cheers

What happens is you pay a company called Trade Price Hot Tubs a full refundable deposit of £500.00

They then send a surveyor out to your house once happy with access you place your order, this is when the remainding balance was paid, unfortunately i paid by cheque, i have contacted my bank and they told me there is nothing i can do.

As i said that was in June, after getting suspicious i wrote them a letter demanding a delivery date and also some questions i had regarding the quality of the tubs after reading some forums I ( i know too late ) They contacted me with a confirmation delivery date on the 5th sept 08, they also stated that if i couldn't make the arrangement i would have to pay a fine Haha.

They never turned up, since writing to them again a couple of times i still have not received anything from them, as you can imagine im very worried which is why i've taken the court route.

Having read some forums after getting suss i was just intriuged to see how many other folk have recieved poor service off these crooks.

Cheers

Hi there. Just to let you know the Company trades as Spa Serve, Trade price hot tubs, and American Spa Inc. If you go to www.reviewcentre.com you will see just how many people are not satisfied. Non delivery, no after sales service. I ordered my tub in January 08 it arrived 8 May (14 weeks) but at least I was one of the "lucky" ones lots of people have yet to receive theirs. I have requested a call out as we have had problems since day one. After many phone calls, letters cancelled dates we are hopefully ,after threatening legal action, having an engineer out by the end of week, 17 Oct. This was only after being told we had to pay £75 upfront before he would come out. Check your contract, if you get one, it does say each call out will cost this much but it is just another con. We believe our problems is from poor quality and lack of service. I wish you luck but don't hold your breath I don't know if it is possible to do private e-mail but if you know how without broadcasting our addresses to the whole world I would like to get in touch

• 7 months later...

Hello

I took a look at the Spa-Serve website and it is a very slick looking set of web pages but so many scams have the most attractive websites.

One thing that surprised me was the listed prices - maybe they do that to suck in folk by offering significant discounts to their extremely inflated list prices.

In the US I can buy a high end spa for a fraction of their prices even considering the rate of exchange between dollar and pound.

There are reliable online dealers/vendors. In the US we have bought with confidence from poolproducts .com for over 10 years - never bought a spa from them but did buy a pool and tons of supplies with never a problem.

So very sorry re your experience and our sincere hope it all works out!

• 7 months later...

Hi there

I joined this site to see if anyone else had had trouble with spa serve. We ordered a rialto theater spa in March 2009 and as we wanted it urgently for our daughters 16th birthday party in June we paid the rep by 2 cheques which cleared on 6th April. June came and went with weekly phone calls from me to Trade Price Group (Spa serve based in Rugeley staffordshire) By November we had written to them asking for our money back but were told we would lose 1/3 of the money INCLUDING OF THE £500 DELIVERY CHARGE which amounted to nearly £2000 so this was not an option. Eventually in dispair I contacted a local radio station and within a day I had a delivery date in november. The spa arrived but the steps and bar were missing and still are (Jan 2010) the frame the tv sat on was bent so the tv kept getting stuck. We rang spa serve but got no reply even though the customer service folk kept saying they had informed the repairs department...eventually they rang back after 10 days!!!!!! No good with the tv stuck in the up position due to it not fitting the frame....i got another company out to mend it at the cost of £200 as it had to be rewelded. In the underneath of the spa we found wood and metal wedges where it had clearly never fitted and they had packed it to try and make it fit so we wouldn't know. They also promised us the interest back on our money (£179) which i have still not received. Have requested weekly to speak to the office manager (jonathan ) but he has apparently never been able to ring me since 27 nov 2009 as although have left my number he has not repled.

PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM HERE. I HAVE Learnt my lesson and don't want anyone else to have to go through the stress we have. It has put us off our hot tub as i now can't bear to go in it.

Trade Price Hot Tubs aka Spa Serve aka Insparations aka First Choice Hot Tubs are well known here in the UK amongst the industry and we have all heard horror stories from their customers. They do not have a showroom, their address stated on their website is a mailbox in an office block in London and they sell tubs advertised as made in the USA that are actually made in China at the Guangzhou J&J Sanitary Ware Co!! http://www.jnjspa.com/default.htm As Insparations they actually appeared on Watchdog (uk tv program for rogue traders).

It has always amazed me that normally sensible, intelligent people will pay a company that they nothing about who has no showroom thousands of pounds for a product that they cannot even view or test? It just goes to show how gullible people are when they think they are getting something cheap.

It has always amazed me that normally sensible, intelligent people will pay a company that they nothing about who has no showroom thousands of pounds for a product that they cannot even view or test? It just goes to show how gullible people are when they think they are getting something cheap.

My daddy always told me, if it seems to good to be true, it's a lie.