Cover Useful Life

kfree1966

Hello All,

I have a 5 year Hot spring Vanguard. The cover is the same age. It has started to get water in the plastic cases that cover the insulation. It is becoming very heavy. I am thinking it is time for a new cover. Before I do that I thought I would check to see how long they are suppose to last. What is the average lifetime of a spa cover? If it is getting time for a new one, do you recommend OEM from Hot spring or buy a aftermarket?

Thanks in Advance.

Hello All,

I have a 5 year Hot spring Vanguard. The cover is the same age. It has started to get water in the plastic cases that cover the insulation. It is becoming very heavy. I am thinking it is time for a new cover. Before I do that I thought I would check to see how long they are suppose to last. What is the average lifetime of a spa cover? If it is getting time for a new one, do you recommend OEM from Hot spring or buy a aftermarket?

Thanks in Advance.

3-5 on a cover is pretty standerd. Sometimes they make it longer. I like RH tubs dot com for covers.

Going aftermarket is fine, just be careful who you order from. Some of the aftermarket covers are from China and they are the biggest pieces of junk I have seen.

Merlin industries make a good cover in USA too. Sunstar is another that comes to mind. You can prolong the life a little with using spa cover care products or saddle soap. NO CAR PRODUCTS like armor all

Going aftermarket is fine, just be careful who you order from. Some of the aftermarket covers are from China and they are the biggest pieces of junk I have seen.

I'm not aware of any aftermarket covers from China. Some OEMs are looking at China, but the shipping time/cost is not a fit for custom made-to-order covers.

I'm not aware of any aftermarket covers from China. Some OEMs are looking at China, but the shipping time/cost is not a fit for custom made-to-order covers.

If my Spa is under a porch I would expect it to outlast the Spa, no?

Not if you got a well made spa!!!

If you get a quality spa I'd expect it to last 15 years. Even if a spa cover was underneath a porch I wouldn't expect it to last 15 years but it will certainly last longer than a cover directly in sunlight. Now if you get a cheaply made spa that only lasts about 8 years then maybe the cover will outlast the spa.

Not if you got a well made spa!!!

If you get a quality spa I'd expect it to last 15 years. Even if a spa cover was underneath a porch I wouldn't expect it to last 15 years but it will certainly last longer than a cover directly in sunlight. Now if you get a cheaply made spa that only lasts about 8 years then maybe the cover will outlast the spa.

I have a Caldera Utopia and the cover looks like it will last forever . It never sees sun or rain, it will have to rot from underneath.