New Tub Dead!

Well...here it is day 12 since the parts were suppossed to be shipped and they still arn't here yet. I called infinity 2 days ago to ask for the UPS tracking # and was told they still havn't shipped them yet due to the heater being on back order! They had no idea on a time frame for how much longer this was going to be.

I'm very glad we're not in the middle of winter!

Good Grief! This is unacceptable. I do feel sorry for you Jennifer, but you are being given the runaround by these yahoos!

I sold a HotSpring Envoy to a couple trading in their 15-year old Sovereign last week. After the delivery, the customer called to tell us there was a problem with one of the jet pumps. The very next day, our service tech was at their home and replaced the pump. They are happy and enjoying their spa.

It amazes me that people will put up with the type of aggravation which oftentimes seems to accompany the big box/internet spas. Our customers are kinda spoiled. Yes, they pay a little bit more, but they get to enjoy their spas.

I would raise wholly hell if I were being given the lip service they are giving you. Good luck and I hope you find satisfaction.

Terminator

At this point....demand that it be shipped UPS overnight.....they have this service but you have to ask for it I guess...

Jeff

I have demanded the overnight shipping but they say the heater is back ordered so there isn't one there to even ship.

I'll be calling every day till the parts get here. I talked to their "on call" person today but they claimed they don't have access to the computer to check on anything. The whole thing is very strange.

At this point....demand that it be shipped UPS overnight.....they have this service but you have to ask for it I guess...

Jeff

I have demanded the overnight shipping but they say the heater is back ordered so there isn't one there to even ship.

I'll be calling every day till the parts get here. I talked to their "on call" person today but they claimed they don't have access to the computer to check on anything. The whole thing is very strange.

Call a local service guy and have him overnight in a heater or control from a different source and install it. Then send Infinity the bill. Let them know your intentions first, because there are thousands of those heaters around.

When you do finally have the heater installed, insist that you keep the heater tube assembly & order a spare heating element from The Spa Depot so that you have a spare heater around to prevent this crap you are having now....

Unacceptable service here from Infinity.....Lets see...they are building brand new spas but dont have spare heating assemblies around......something doesnt make sense here....

I would get on the phone & demand a whole new spa pak if they cant supply you a simple heating assembly...

Then demand a whole new spa control pak & have them OVERNIGHT it.....you will have it the next day....

Also, for your frustration, I will demand another credit......say $250 to $ 500 for your inconvience.....

You never know unless you try.....Who knows you may wind up with a free spa after all the credits....

Jeff

Here's the latest....I called this morning once again and talked with the tech guy Scott at the TX location. He stated the ozonator is what is backordered. I said that I was told it was the heater that was the hold up. He said the person I talked to was Anthony and since that guy is new...he probably made a mistake when he told me.

Anyhow, I demanded (nicely of course) that the control pack w/ heater be shipped overnight & then the ozonator once they would get that part in. He acted like it would be horrible to break up the order into 2 shipments....but could be done. (Gee...why didn't they do this from the beginning????) He then said the best he could do is 2 day UPS shipping. I said I want overnight as I know from others they have shipped that quickly..but again he shot me down. I asked to speak with the supervisor but he was suppossedly on another line and I was told he would make sure he called me back.

UPS arrived a few minutes ago with another years supply of chemicals LOL It said on the paper inside this was to make up for late delivery of parts. It's ironic as I recieved a one year supply of chemicals after the spa took so long for delivery and now here's another for this problem. At least I'll be stocked up on chemicals I guess. What's further ironic is how I recieve these chemicals to "make up" for it...yet the parts of course still arn't here.

I'm going to call them back again to see if I can get this supervisor on the phone. It's been a few hours now so he should've had the time to call me back by now. geez!

I'll mention to him about what you said jeff...about keeping the old heater tube assembly. I'm also going to ask him if this is their normal way of servicing customers even if it were winter time currently. After all, sure another years worth of chemicals is good but it won't be so good if it were winter and my tub froze up! How would they "make up" for it upon that happening?

At this point, I would not worry about the two wire ozonator that you have...it will work just fine, like Sandi's & mine.

I would just tell them to overnight the heater assembly.......or the entire spa control pak if they will.....

The entire spa control pak is grounded & bonded........so you missing the green ground wire for the ozonator is no big deal......

That's just my thoughts......

Infinity needs to get you up & running......

Jeff

Latest update....I called costco's buyer person yesterday....since he was off, I talked to his assistant. This guy helped tremendously! He got ahold of Laura at infinity (this was something I tried to do myself but couldn't get anything other then her voice mail) anyhow, she took over everything. She contacted the TX location and apparently they hadn't shipped anything yet at that point (this was around dinner time last night)....so she said not to bother as she was going to ship the parts from her location in TN. They were suppossed to be shipped this morning via overnight UPS so then are to arrive here tomorrow (wednesday).

Latest update....I called costco's buyer person yesterday....since he was off, I talked to his assistant. This guy helped tremendously! He got ahold of Laura at infinity (this was something I tried to do myself but couldn't get anything other then her voice mail) anyhow, she took over everything. She contacted the TX location and apparently they hadn't shipped anything yet at that point (this was around dinner time last night)....so she said not to bother as she was going to ship the parts from her location in TN. They were suppossed to be shipped this morning via overnight UPS so then are to arrive here tomorrow (wednesday).

You should be up and running in a month....ugggg Hopefully that won't happen more than a couple times a year.

I knew Laura would get it done for you....it just took Costco to light a fire........

Laura is good...I am not sure why she never responded to you.....

But sounds like you will have it tomorrow...

Good luck...

Keep us updated.....

Is all this crap thats going on not what several of us on the forum have warned about?!?

Is it really worth the aggrevation of having to deal with this....how much $$ was saved? What is your time worth for all the phone calls? How about to reheat all the water again?

Over a very short period of time, the money that was "saved" is non exsitant.

Nothing should be on backorder, we can call the manufacturer of any of these parts and have them shipped out. They are a huge company and should be able to get parts right away, actually never run out if the company is run correctly...unless of coarse they owe someone $$$$

Is all this crap thats going on not what several of us on the forum have warned about?!?

Is it really worth the aggrevation of having to deal with this....how much $$ was saved? What is your time worth for all the phone calls? How about to reheat all the water again?

Over a very short period of time, the money that was "saved" is non exsitant.

Nothing should be on backorder, we can call the manufacturer of any of these parts and have them shipped out. They are a huge company and should be able to get parts right away, actually never run out if the company is run correctly...unless of coarse they owe someone $$$$

I agree with you...nothing should be on backorder & yes, it has ticked me off, however.....let me tell you why I even decided to buy from Costco and maybe you will understand why I went that route.....

I first visited the Artesian dealer and left frustrated and also intimidated. The guy was worse then a used car salesman! He would not give me any quotes on prices at all. He acted very aggravated when I asked for prices & also when I mentioned wanting to do some comparison shopping. After looking at the ones in the store that had lounges he told me I didn't need a lounge and would be better off with one that didn't have one. Who the hell did he think he was to tell me what i did or did not need? I left the store even more confused about spa purchases then before I had entered & still with no knowledge on the prices of any! What kind of service was that? Surely, all dealers do not treat their customers like that BUT that was enough of a bad experience for me that made me start shopping online.

Bottom line is...some people do get bad service at a dealer as well. It's not just from online companies.

I agree with you...nothing should be on backorder & yes, it has ticked me off, however.....let me tell you why I even decided to buy from Costco and maybe you will understand why I went that route.....

I first visited the Artesian dealer and left frustrated and also intimidated. The guy was worse then a used car salesman! He would not give me any quotes on prices at all. He acted very aggravated when I asked for prices & also when I mentioned wanting to do some comparison shopping. After looking at the ones in the store that had lounges he told me I didn't need a lounge and would be better off with one that didn't have one. Who the hell did he think he was to tell me what i did or did not need? I left the store even more confused about spa purchases then before I had entered & still with no knowledge on the prices of any! What kind of service was that? Surely, all dealers do not treat their customers like that BUT that was enough of a bad experience for me that made me start shopping online.

Bottom line is...some people do get bad service at a dealer as well. It's not just from online companies.

Jennifer, you are absolutly correct regarding the bad taste you have from THAT particular dealer and running away would of also been my move had I been in your situation. It angers me to hear storys like this regarding this dealer or that dealer and it's to bad a persons opinion of dealers in general is based on there first experience. This should be a lesson to all dealers but it is amazing how many thousands and thousands of them don't visit this or any forum to see what customers and potential customers are saying. But it's to bad you didn't visit a good dealer or a GREAT dealer close to you to see and experience what doing business with one of them would be like. And please don't lump all dealers into the same catagory as I think the norm is more opposite.

Being in purchasing for my primary employment I can eat used car salesman (or hot tub dealers) for lunch, and do it, or deal with vendors everyday. So for me it is an easy experience to get a fair dealer from anyone I deal with in my personal (away from work) life. It's to bad I can't offer my purchasing services for hire all around the country for people that are intimidated or put off by a particular dealers approach.

But, for a couple grand more and a good dealer you may have been down for a day or so. And this is why, and a perfect example of why we here preach three things, Comfort in the tub design, Comfort in the manufacturers reputation, and Comfort in the dealer. And put the pocket book last but not unimportant.

Where do you live? I will install the parts at no cost. That's how I treat my new and return customers in my service business. I use this approach to gain business, pro-bono pays in the long run. I may not be the cheapest bid you get but it WILL be done RIGHT, and it WILL be backed 100% with drop everything service!! Because you, my customer, is what is important to me. Please tell your friends.

What a sales pitch that was!!! ;)

AMEN! That is great Roger. We also would never treat customers that way, and we ourselves had fallen prey to Infinity/Keys Backyard antics.

I will say, if the tub was bought from Costco, I would pack it on a triler and return it right back to them since Costco offers their great customer satisfaction program.

Surely, all dealers do not treat their customers like that BUT that was enough of a bad experience for me that made me start shopping online.

It’s sad that this plaid jacketed sales moron left enough of a bad taste that you to skipped other local dealers and went straight to a lesser quality big box spa. I wish you had shopped a little more to find out if he was the exception or the rule but I understand when you say he was enough to turn you off. I've seen many like that and they are not the norm but there will always be some of these guys around.

AMEN! That is great Roger. We also would never treat customers that way, and we ourselves had fallen prey to Infinity/Keys Backyard antics.

I will say, if the tub was bought from Costco, I would pack it on a triler and return it right back to them since Costco offers their great customer satisfaction program.

I almost did just that.... On monday I informed Costco & infinity that if the parts were not at my door by friday then they were to come pick it up. Enough was enough at that point. I guess that may have woke them up a bit.

The tech called me back a little while ago and he plans to be here tomorrow in between 11 and 12. Yay!

Where do you live? I will install the parts at no cost. That's how I treat my new and return customers in my service business. I use this approach to gain business, pro-bono pays in the long run. I may not be the cheapest bid you get but it WILL be done RIGHT, and it WILL be backed 100% with drop everything service!! Because you, my customer, is what is important to me. Please tell your friends.

What a sales pitch that was!!! ;)

LOL...yup, that would've been a great sales pitch!

I know there are some spa dealers who have been willing/happy to return the broken down spa to Costco for any custoemr who comes by when they've changed their mind after problems and want to get a premium spa.

I've seen this for myself. One lady I remember was shopping for a new spa and came to look in the store. After getting the information on the various spas she wanted to know why ours were more expensive that what she saw she could get at Costco. We explained the differences and off she went to decide. We saw her about 4 to 6 months later. She came in and said she bought from Costco but after multiple problems wished she had not been so influenced by price tags. We made the offer to sell her a new one and when we delivered it we would haul hers back to the big box store where she got it. Everyone was happy in the end except for the manufacturer who got back their problem cookie cutter spa back (I wonder where all those go).

I will still gamble on the inconvience on this type of service from big box stores & cookie cutter manufacturers as opposed the readiness of service techs & immediate parts availability from dealer spa stores....

It is all in the price you pay......everyone makes their choice........

$3k or less vs.....$7k to 12k....a worthy gamble if you ask me.......but then I am a first time spa buyer .....so what do I know........time will tell.......

Not here to start another long debate.....

I will still gamble on the inconvience on this type of service from big box stores & cookie cutter manufacturers as opposed the readiness of service techs & immediate parts availability from dealer spa stores....

...and if you're a DIYer as you appear to be I an see how this can work for you. Anyone who is not should stay away IMO

$3k or less vs.....$7k to 12k....a worthy gamble if you ask me.......

I can see how this purchase works for you individually but this is where I roll my eyes. Those $3k spas are hardly comparable to premium spas out there costing upwards of $12k. If you think steak is too expensive go ahead and buy hamburger but please don't compare them as equals, you just chose to eat a burger instead.

$3k or less vs.....$7k to 12k....a worthy gamble if you ask me.......but then I am a first time spa buyer .....so what do I know........time will tell.......

Not here to start another long debate.....

Yes Five you seem perfect for this kind of tub for your first tub, You get to learn it's function and what these things are all about. I hope you stick around 5-10 years for when you really start to see the differences. I'm the same kind of guy. I will buy a Cub Cadet versus a John Deer because they will both do the same thing for the first 5-10 years. And if my experience didn't tell me different I would do the same with tubs.

Glad hear you are back in business.......

Keep the heater tube for a backup...you just have to replace the element inside for 39.95 from Spa Depot.....get the coated element or the titanium coated one for top of the line......

Now you can tub in the middle of winter knowing you have backup heater that you can install in a 1/2 hr or so if needed.......without having to wait on a spa repair guy or Infinity jerking you around.....

Ok....that is now $ 3,000 + 39.95 = a far cry short of $7k to $12k......

Oops..shouldnt have said that......Yes, I remember.......this is a vaue spa......

Just having a little fun here......where is everyone's sense of humor......LOL

Roger,

I will be here hopefully.....I will keep you posted on the successes or failures with this spa.

Hopefully, us "value spa" owners can educate you & others on the reliability of these spas.

We already know what happened with Hydrospa & Keys Backyard......Who knows about Infinity.... But we will keep everyone posted....

Jeff

Glad hear you are back in business.......

Keep the heater tube for a backup...you just have to replace the element inside for 39.95 from Spa Depot.....get the coated element or the titanium coated one for top of the line......

Now you can tub in the middle of winter knowing you have backup heater that you can install in a 1/2 hr or so if needed.......without having to wait on a spa repair guy or Infinity jerking you around.....

Ok....that is now $ 3,000 + 39.95 = a far cry short of $7k to $12k......

Oops..shouldnt have said that......Yes, I remember.......this is a vaue spa......

Just having a little fun here......where is everyone's sense of humor......LOL

Roger,

I will be here hopefully.....I will keep you posted on the successes or failures with this spa.

Hopefully, us "value spa" owners can educate you & others on the reliability of these spas.

We already know what happened with Hydrospa & Keys Backyard......Who knows about Infinity.... But we will keep everyone posted....

Jeff

Wait a minute 5...I am a value spa guy also I like Nordic, Great Lakes, Emerald and several others. I'm not sure where you got your information regarding me not liking value tubs. There are several brands out there that are proven good values.

Oh and lets put a dollar figure to the 1 month breakdown. Whats a soak on a cool starry night with a cool beverage worth?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I read this:

Yes Five you seem perfect for this kind of tub for your first tub, You get to learn it's function and what these things are all about. I hope you stick around 5-10 years for when you really start to see the differences. I'm the same kind of guy. I will buy a Cub Cadet versus a John Deer because they will both do the same thing for the first 5-10 years. And if my experience didn't tell me different I would do the same with tubs.

and do not understand your annalogy of Cub Cadet versus a John Deer. Are you refering to a John Deere lawn tractor? that would be compaired to a Cub Cadet and with my expeirence both are almost equal in quality. (Seen many problems with John Deere, more than Cub Cadet) So are you saying that all hot tubs are the same? Or if it isn't Green, it isn't Good?

I am looking to make a major investment into a Tub and don't want the John Deere of tubs.. I want some quality that I can count on to last for years. And if repairs are needed down the road, the parts will still be there.

(have run into several older JD tractors and lawn tractors that parts were no longer available but never had that problem with Cub Cadet except for the engine manufacturer, which for years JD used the same source, not servicing all engine parts for a 35 year old unit)

Just not sure what your point was.