Arctic Summit Delivery? (help!)

Budge

Okay here goes

Back in January my wife and I ordered a Summit Legend from our local Arctic Dealer. We faithfully gave our dealer a $4000.00 deposit with the intent that we would take delivery of our tub June 1st, 4 days ago!

10 Weeks ago I went back to my dealer to confirm the order, options and delivery date. Initially we had ordered our tub with Peak Ozone and a Genesis Salt System (the salt system was thrown in for free by our dealer). When I went to confirm our order in early April my Dealer said that Peak Ozone was no longer available and that the system was replaced by Arctics new Onzen system which incorporates salt.

On May 24 my wife and I went back to our dealer to let them know that our landscaping is now complete and that we could take delivery of our tub early. He informed us that the tub was not on the next truck and that he can't confirm at this time when our tub will be here. He said 2-3 weeks and that he would call us when he could confirm a delivery date. I was shocked! We ordered our tub 5 months ago!!!!! He started to give me a song and dance about the Manufacturer and that "everybody" wants there tubs at this time of the year. What also concerns me is that he is now carrying a different line of Hot Tubs of which he had 6-8 models in his showroom and only 1 Arctic.

To me this is unacceptable what should be my next step? My main concerns are:

1. He is carrying another brand of hot tub of which he had 6-8 in is showroom and only 1 Arctic tub in his showroom. I would think Arctic would have a no competition clause with their dealers. Is he still an Arctic dealer?

2. The Genesis Salt system was thrown in for "free: and we will not be getting it because our tub if it get's here will come with Onzen. Are we entitled to a credit?

3. Our initial deal included Peak Ozone which at the time was a $2000.00 option, how much does Onzen cost and does our dealer owe us the difference?

4. Why is a Tub that we ordered 5 months ago not delivered on time?

Thanks,

Budge

Okay here goes

Back in January my wife and I ordered a Summit Legend from our local Arctic Dealer. We faithfully gave our dealer a $4000.00 deposit with the intent that we would take delivery of our tub June 1st, 4 days ago!

10 Weeks ago I went back to my dealer to confirm the order, options and delivery date. Initially we had ordered our tub with Peak Ozone and a Genesis Salt System (the salt system was thrown in for free by our dealer). When I went to confirm our order in early April my Dealer said that Peak Ozone was no longer available and that the system was replaced by Arctics new Onzen system which incorporates salt.

On May 24 my wife and I went back to our dealer to let them know that our landscaping is now complete and that we could take delivery of our tub early. He informed us that the tub was not on the next truck and that he can't confirm at this time when our tub will be here. He said 2-3 weeks and that he would call us when he could confirm a delivery date. I was shocked! We ordered our tub 5 months ago!!!!! He started to give me a song and dance about the Manufacturer and that "everybody" wants there tubs at this time of the year. What also concerns me is that he is now carrying a different line of Hot Tubs of which he had 6-8 models in his showroom and only 1 Arctic.

1. He is carrying another brand of hot tub of which he had 6-8 in is showroom and only 1 Arctic tub in his showroom. I would think Arctic would have a no competition clause with their dealers. Is he still an Arctic dealer?

2. The Genesis Salt system was thrown in for "free: and we will not be getting it because our tub if it get's here will come with Onzen. Are we entitled to a credit?

3. Our initial deal included Peak Ozone which at the time was a $2000.00 option, how much does Onzen cost and does our dealer owe us the difference?

Thanks,

Budge

Ask for a full refund as you have decided to go with a different brand that will only take a couple weeks. This may shift him into a different gear. Or you can go get a different tub.

Thanks,

Budge

Ask for a full refund as you have decided to go with a different brand that will only take a couple weeks. This may shift him into a different gear. Or you can go get a different tub.

I agree with Roger. See what happens when you ask for a full refund! :o Bet he'll be backpedaling!!

Aside from that, our Arctic dealer also sells Dynasty and Nordic tubs. The advantage, as in our situation, is we wanted a Dynasty, because the bling and looked like nice therapy. We sat in the tub they ordered for us and then sat in the Arctic Klondiker, and the difference was WOW!!! Ther was no comparison.

As far as the Onzen, it incorporates Ozone with a salt water sanitation system, and thus, you have all of the benefits you are looking for in one system. I would see that it is credited, though.

Shame on the dealer, he has your cash, and should have been prepared. Especially since you kept up on your end and let him know how your landscaping was going.

Good luck.

T-n-C

That is absolutely, 100% UNACCEPTABLE. You should demand your money be refunded. If they give you the "song and dance" now, it ain't gonna get better later.

Good luck with whatever path you choose.

Terminator

I ordered a Tundra yesterday, June 7, and was told about 3-4 weeks. Mine was the last one needed to fill the truck order. I was given a sales initiative because of this. It allowed the truck to come earlier than expected so everyone who has been waiting was waiting for the delivery truck to fill before it leaves Alberta.

We shall see!

Budge,

Please PM me with the following details and I will look into this for you.

1. Name of dealer
  2. Serial number of spa (should be on your sales invoice)
  3. Name of purchaser per sales invoice
Tom

• 2 months later...
I ordered a Tundra yesterday, June 7, and was told about 3-4 weeks. Mine was the last one needed to fill the truck order. I was given a sales initiative because of this. It allowed the truck to come earlier than expected so everyone who has been waiting was waiting for the delivery truck to fill before it leaves Alberta.

We shall see!

Glid.....very interesting....my dealer also told me that my tub was the last one needed to fill the truck order. I wonder if that line is just a salesman's trick because somehow my hot tub never made it on that "last one needed to fill" truck.

It didn't bother me cause I still had a lot of prep work to do in my backyard, so the extra time helped. I just found it real interesting that we were both told the same thing. Maybe its in the spa salesmans handbook. :D

Glid.....very interesting....my dealer also told me that my tub was the last one needed to fill the truck order....Maybe its in the spa salesmans handbook. :D

I looked in the sales handbook but couldn't find it. :huh:

From time to time, it does happen that we have a spa in stock that can ship right away. We offer the dealer incentives for taking a stock spa so that's legit. Custom-built orders do take a little longer.

I hope you used a credit card.

I've been around a lot of small business' and they don't all run the cash flow they way they should. They may have spent your $4,000 a long time ago and now to fill your order, it feels like they're selling you one at a loss. Tell them you want all the money immediately, and if they comply and can produce a tub, you will consider buying it form them.

I hope you used a credit card.

Use of a credit card means nothing. Sorry. Been in battle with Visa, who refunded cash for a returned item, then reinstalled the charges about 6 months later and refused to reconsider. So out the money and do not have the merchandise. Not a Spa but over $2000. Apparently, the merchant has final authority on if you get your money back. Very long story with lawyers, fraud (both merchant and Visa), Attorney Gen.. etc. Dont expect your credit card company to be on your side in refunding if the merchant doesnt want you to get it. If your card is handled through "FIA card services", Good Luck with getting profesional assistance with any credit card charge reversal, especially when they can reverse it later without prior notification and declare case closed without allowing any rebuttle, even though all terms for refund were met as per contract with card company!