Where Is Heater Located On A Great Lakes Trident

After reading these articles I would think it is my heater. The make is GREAT LAKES SPA, the model is the Trident, it is 4 years old. But like I said in my first article,I bought it a few weeks ago, hooked it up on Sunday and Monday and there was no problem at all. Today I go out there and there is no light lite up on the panel. Please I really need help here before I get raped at the pool store by my house

After reading these articles I would think it is my heater. The make is GREAT LAKES SPA, the model is the Trident, it is 4 years old. But like I said in my first article,I bought it a few weeks ago, hooked it up on Sunday and Monday and there was no problem at all. Today I go out there and there is no light lite up on the panel. Please I really need help here before I get raped at the pool store by my house

Maybe the pool store can supply the heater and install it for you. It's about an hour job and should only be a hundred or so dollars for the part. So figure a couple hundred for the whole deal. Or you could buy your own part, tear the tub apart yourself, locate the heater spend a few hours replacing it. Hopefully get it back together right. Then turn it on to see that it doesn't work and tear it apart again to find the loose wire. Then try and jury rig the screws you stripped taking the panel off 3-4 times to finish the repair. Bang your head on the lip of the spa 16 times, forget to tighten one of the unions for the heater and it starts to leak after it gets warm the next day. Then tear it apart to fix the leak, and buy a cheap heter online that will only last 2 years and have to do it again then.

Maybe that dealer wasn't such a bad deal after all. Allot of them hire guys like me who do it right, quick, effieciently are friendly and make sure everything else is OK and yet only chrge what is fair for our expert service.

Maybe the pool store can supply the heater and install it for you. It's about an hour job and should only be a hundred or so dollars for the part. So figure a couple hundred for the whole deal. Or you could buy your own part, tear the tub apart yourself, locate the heater spend a few hours replacing it. Hopefully get it back together right. Then turn it on to see that it doesn't work and tear it apart again to find the loose wire. Then try and jury rig the screws you stripped taking the panel off 3-4 times to finish the repair. Bang your head on the lip of the spa 16 times, forget to tighten one of the unions for the heater and it starts to leak after it gets warm the next day. Then tear it apart to fix the leak, and buy a cheap heter online that will only last 2 years and have to do it again then.

Maybe that dealer wasn't such a bad deal after all. Allot of them hire guys like me who do it right, quick, effieciently are friendly and make sure everything else is OK and yet only chrge what is fair for our expert service.

Ok that is fine I will have it serviced but does that sound like the heater to you with the problem that I have

Ok that is fine I will have it serviced but does that sound like the heater to you with the problem that I have

They will use there testing equipment to determine the problem and fix it. To me it seems like it could be the heater element, but a simple test will discover that.

They will use there testing equipment to determine the problem and fix it. To me it seems like it could be the heater element, but a simple test will discover that.

I agree with Roger. Since you have to ask where the heater is located, you would be safer having a spa tech come out. It may cost you a bit more, but it may be worth it. he could diagnois and fix and you dont have to be worried about getting fried, burning down your house or purchasing parts you do not need. A breaker tripping could be casued by many things.

Call me nutty but you did say your light is not on the topside control. Do you mean specifically the heater light or all the lights? If it's all the lights The SC_30 fuse needs to be replaced.

You should have a Balboa 2000LE pack most likely since that was in most of those tubs. The heater is the silver tube you see when you look at the pack. It's not a hard repair at all. I do them in about ten minutes on that specific tub. Emerald Spa out of Grand Rapids Michigan bought them by the way. Their tech support is free and will happily guide you through the process if you need a lot of help.