New Spa Recommendations For Co Area?

TC Bell

I discovered to my horror this weekend that the Hot Springs spa we purchased in August froze over at our place in Breckenridge. Well, won't make that mistake again. Any recommendations on spas that will do better over a cold Colorado winter?

Yes, I know proper care and feeding would prevent the Hot Sprints from freezing, but sometimes I'm just not able to get up there for a month or so at a time. Life happens! So something more hardy than the average.

Thanks!

TC

I discovered to my horror this weekend that the Hot Springs spa we purchased in August froze over at our place in Breckenridge. Well, won't make that mistake again. Any recommendations on spas that will do better over a cold Colorado winter?

Yes, I know proper care and feeding would prevent the Hot Sprints from freezing, but sometimes I'm just not able to get up there for a month or so at a time. Life happens! So something more hardy than the average.

Thanks!

TC

You could do alot worse than a HS. No matter what brand you have it will freeze over in the winter without power. There is no tub in the world that will not freeze without power unless you are there to drain and winterize or repair it after a certain time. All brands no matter how they are hyped should be looked at weekly during freezing temps to prevent freeze up.

Well, in theory it had power, but I can't determine if power may have gone out for a time.

Thanks!

TC

tc_bell@hotmail.com

Thanks!

TC

You could do alot worse than a HS. No matter what brand you have it will freeze over in the winter without power. There is no tub in the world that will not freeze without power unless you are there to drain and winterize or repair it after a certain time. All brands no matter how they are hyped should be looked at weekly during freezing temps to prevent freeze up.

Well, in theory it had power, but I can't determine if power may have gone out for a time.

Thanks!

TC

tc_bell@hotmail.com

It could of had power and still had a function issue that caused it to not operate. If it is operating it will not freeze. If it has a funtion problem or a loss of power it will freeze after a while depending on how cold it gets. Here in Northern Minnesota I have seen them freeze as fast a 2 days when the days only get to -10 to -20 and the nights to -30 to -40 But I have also seen them last as long as a few weeks as long as the low didn't get much below 10 above or so. There ae feeze protection systems out there that can notify you if there is a problem. Or maybe a local to check on it weekly during a chilly snap.