Lost 300 Gallions Of Water In My Jacuzzi J-355?

johntuinals

Hey all I wanted to use my 4 yaer old Jacuzzi J-355 spa. for the big snow storm tonight...

Its 27 degrees outside........

Anyway I put some chemicals into it so I would be ready later tonight...

The temp on the spa said 103 and the spa was filled up....

Anyway I was about to close the cover and I seen most of my water in the spa gone...

I would say more the 3/4 of it is gone....

I was looking around my spa to see if there was any leaks around my spa......

I could not see any water going into the snow thats near the spa off of the

concrete slab....You would thing 300 gallions I would see some on my slab or melting the snow off of the slab.....

Its funny losing so much water within 2 hours.......

Do you good folks think I have a leak lol...

Maybe a pipe broke inside or maybe the shell is cracked?????

Tomorrow I will look to see if I have a crack since its a tad dark....

I hate to shut my spa off in the high 20s outside tonight with no power on........JohnnyT

Well I'm no rocket scientist, but I'd say you have a leak somewhere for sure! For 300 gallons of water to just disappear within 2 hours, I think it would have had to spontaneously vaporize rather than merely evaporate. I hope you don't get any further problems from freezing while you wait until tomorrow.

Good luck to you!

Eric

Well I'm no rocket scientist, but I'd say you have a leak somewhere for sure! For 300 gallons of water to just disappear within 2 hours, I think it would have had to spontaneously vaporize rather than merely evaporate. I hope you don't get any further problems from freezing while you wait until tomorrow.

Good luck to you!

Eric

Thanks for yeaaa help,,,the spa is under warrenty

But is sooooo strange that within 2 hours that I lost 90%

of the water....

Yes I am sure its a leak.

But its also funny that there is no water on my Slab next to the spa....

And since there in snow off of the slab I would think that the 103 degree temp water from the spa would have melted some snow.....

Wellllllll I don't think anyone will be able to come by till next week from where I bought it from.

Hope nothing else breaks.....I really hated to shut the power off on the spa,but i am glad I

found out about it sooner then later.....JT

Good luck to you!

Eric

Thanks for yeaaa help,,,the spa is under warrenty

But is sooooo strange that within 2 hours that I lost 90%

of the water....

Yes I am sure its a leak.

But its also funny that there is no water on my Slab next to the spa....

And since there in snow off of the slab I would think that the 103 degree temp water from the spa would have melted some snow.....

Wellllllll I don't think anyone will be able to come by till next week from where I bought it from.

Hope nothing else breaks.....I really hated to shut the power off on the spa,but i am glad I

found out about it sooner then later.....JT

Hmmmmm maybe there are squirrels drinking the water on you....... HAHA Kidding!

To bad it is a full foam as finding that leak may be trouble as it sound slike the water went all through your cabinet so its not like you can simply remove a side panel and locate the leak. good luck to you!

Why is the dealer going to make you wait that long? that's unacceptable since it is a premium spa! You paid a premium for the service and now are told it will be one week out?

To bad it is a full foam as finding that leak may be trouble as it sound slike the water went all through your cabinet so its not like you can simply remove a side panel and locate the leak. good luck to you!

Why is the dealer going to make you wait that long? that's unacceptable since it is a premium spa! You paid a premium for the service and now are told it will be one week out?

If it was a leak it'll almost assuredly be in the equipment compartment.

Go ahead and report what you find so Soakerman can realize it had nothing to do with it being foamed.

What would they do if its that new "full foam" Costco spa? i will agree that its too long of a wait. the poster is almost"to nice" to have this problem and wait a week for someone to come out?

Yep I guess I was being a tad nice......

But they called me up and they are sending a guy to fix it tomorrow(Friday}

I am sure losing 300 gallions of water would be all over my concrete Slab or melting the snow

off of the slab?????

300 gallions is a lot of water and I am sure its nowhere inside the spa lol.....

Funny no sign of the water anywhere outside of the spa..........Thanks allllll JT

Yep I guess I was being a tad nice......

But they called me up and they are sending a guy to fix it tomorrow(Friday}

I am sure losing 300 gallions of water would be all over my concrete Slab or melting the snow

off of the slab?????

300 gallions is a lot of water and I am sure its nowhere inside the spa lol.....

Funny no sign of the water anywhere outside of the spa..........Thanks allllll JT

BTW did your tub freeze up?

Guys like me must totaly amaze you soaker. I can locate and repair a leak in the foam of a full foam insulated tub in a slightly longer time frame than a non full foam tub. Aren't you just baffled by that??

Normally I just read soakerman's comments and do not reply but now I see that 104 degrees has left the comment " BTW did your tub freeze up?" Along with soakerman's comment "Or you could use it for a "poler bear club" meeting place" this was to much for me and I felt the need to respond.

Both of you should feel ashamed for delighting in the misfortune of others. I know soakerman has his Costco agenda but am not sure what yours is 104 degrees. I would say more but then this post would be deleted.

I thought this forum was to help people? It definately helped us to choose our tub.

I hope it all works out for you johntuinals. GOOD LUCK

Normally I just read soakerman's comments and do not reply but now I see that 104 degrees has left the comment " BTW did your tub freeze up?" Along with soakerman's comment "Or you could use it for a "poler bear club" meeting place" this was to much for me and I felt the need to respond.

Both of you should feel ashamed for delighting in the misfortune of others. I know soakerman has his Costco agenda but am not sure what yours is 104 degrees. I would say more but then this post would be deleted.

I thought this forum was to help people? It definately helped us to choose our tub.

I hope it all works out for you johntuinals. GOOD LUCK

I asked because nobody told this person to try and drain the spa with a vacume to winterize it till it can looked at.

I also might belive theres something more to the story .

I'll throw my uneducated guess into the mix. I would guess that the outlet line from your pump came loose. Either at the junction where it meets the pump, or else a joint broke loose. Then, as your pump was running to filter the water, it just pumped all of the water into your equipment area. I can't see a leaky drain valve allowing all the water to drain in 2 hours. Heck, it takes much longer than that for a working drain valve to drain my tub. So it makes me think that something was pumping the water out.

It's too late now, but I would have immediately pulled the side cover off the tub, and checked the equipment area for leaks. But by now I would think you have a 300 gallon popsicle under your tub. Hopefully it didn't do any damage to your electronics.

Well, I hope that it's a simple fix for you.

Geeeeee the guy came by today while I was not at home to fix the spa..

I came home and on the invoice it said that my spa was about half full

and he could not find a leak at all.....

So I was charged the $100 service call and another one for $60 for labor.......

I don't mind paying the $100 but what was I surposed to do when I see half or more of the water gone????I am calling the owner tomorrow about the labor........

But the spa is not leaking now any w wondering why or how can I lose about 300 gallions with 2 hours and not see any leakage around the spa?????Hummmm JT

Geeeeee the guy came by today while I was not at home to fix the spa..

I came home and on the invoice it said that my spa was about half full

and he could not find a leak at all.....

So I was charged the $100 service call and another one for $60 for labor.......

I don't mind paying the $100 but what was I surposed to do when I see half or more of the water gone????I am calling the owner tomorrow about the labor........

But the spa is not leaking now any w wondering why or how can I lose about 300 gallions with 2 hours and not see any leakage around the spa?????Hummmm JT

I'll play. Did you fill it back up to the top?

Nope I got home and the spa was filled........

Now I have put Chemicals into the spa for the last hour and it sure looks full......

I think I did right.

I am sure if most of you spa owners saw your spa with less then half of the water in it,you would

also worry a tad.And maybe call and have someone to come by to fix the problem.....

I just cannot believe losing soooooo much water and now the spa works fine.....

I think its like going to a denist.

You have a tooth ache and when you get there its gone....

Same with my spa lol......JT

Nope I got home and the spa was filled........

Now I have put Chemicals into the spa for the last hour and it sure looks full......

I think I did right.

I am sure if most of you spa owners saw your spa with less then half of the water in it,you would

also worry a tad.And maybe call and have someone to come by to fix the problem.....

I just cannot believe losing soooooo much water and now the spa works fine.....

I think its like going to a denist.

You have a tooth ache and when you get there its gone....

Same with my spa lol......JT

Great news. Hope its fix.

Wow, that's incredibly odd. I hope it stays full and you don't have to call them back out. And if you do, I definitely wouldn't pay anymore service fees. Hope you start soaking soon!

Eric

P.S. Waterboy - Come on, are you being serious?? I have a pretty good feeling that John was, more than likely, not offended by those remarks. I think you need to either lighten up, or just get over yourself.

Besides, it looks like the Polar Bear Club could be great fun!

polarbearclub.jpg

Thanks Eric.....

The spa for the past few hours look good,not losing any water..

drain cap is secure as always was.

tech just came out put water in my spa and saw no leak......

I am sure if most of you good spa owners saw

you have lost half of you water in the spa,you would have done the same as me....

Shut the power to the spa and call the tech......

Yes many said I should have opened the front panel,,,,but I feel if it was at least 300 gallion,it would not matter because water would be all over the place...lollllll.............

I guess this will be one unanswered question as to where the water went...........JT

Thanks Eric.....

The spa for the past few hours look good,not losing any water..

drain cap is secure as always was.

tech just came out put water in my spa and saw no leak......

I am sure if most of you good spa owners saw

you have lost half of you water in the spa,you would have done the same as me....

Shut the power to the spa and call the tech......

Yes many said I should have opened the front panel,,,,but I feel if it was at least 300 gallion,it would not matter because water would be all over the place...lollllll.............

I guess this will be one unanswered question as to where the water went...........JT

Must be divine intervention.

Glad it all worked our for you. You are right erickingston I should lighten up. It was a stressful day at work. My hot tub has not been delivered yet so I do not have my stress reliever.

I have seen some nasty comments on this forum and I snapped. Sorry 104degrees and sorry maybe soakerman.

Back into the hot tub everyone. I will join you all shortly

Glad it all worked our for you. You are right erickingston I should lighten up. It was a stressful day at work. My hot tub has not been delivered yet so I do not have my stress reliever.

I have seen some nasty comments on this forum and I snapped. Sorry 104degrees and sorry maybe soakerman.

Back into the hot tub everyone. I will join you all shortly

No big Deal.When are you getting your spa? I know what its like to wait for it.