Wet Tested, Still Can't Tell

liftapint

The only point that I would add.........the dealer is more important than the tub. I bought a hot tub which was cheaper initially than the competition. However, the dealer wouldn't service after the sale. Even during warranty, he would constantly miss appointments, no phone calls etc. After the warranty, he finally got to the point of saying "Find someone else to work on your hot tub!!!!"

Nice to hear 3 years after you bought an almost 7,000 hot tub from him.

For example, had a sensor go out.... Normally a 35.00 part, right. But no, he wanted TWO service calls at 85 bucks and hour (one to "diagnose" the problem and one to "install" the new sensor + part for 60 bucks.

Tried to contact the company and they never even had the courtesy to contact me back.

Learn from others, I would prefer to pay the extra money now and buy from the longest running store in your area.....regardless of make.

Hdivr, you make some valid points about the dealer being very important. But longevity isnt always a true indicator of a dealer that will always be in business. As a matter of fact the longest standing dealer in our area actually does a horrendous job of service and keeping existing customers happy. I agree that usually the longstanding dealers will have the best service but its not always the case. I would say ask for lots of references and do lots of checking locally. I always invite any of my prospective customers to access any of my actual customers and contact them about our business, spa, and service. When the list is hundreds long and all of my customers have no issues with possible customers contacting them this can be a good way for leads to be comfortable with us.

Just a bit of advice from a dealer is all.

My brand of spa was Down east by Master spa. Model Windsor SE. Nice big tub, but never would I do it again. I took the option of having the factory blow in the foam insulation rather than just using the panels. Seems to be a good choice as I don't see the high electric bills or leaks that others have seen.

But, as soon as I get a replacement relay for it, it is going up for sale. Nice tub, but worthless to me since I can't find anyone to work on it. There are 3 other spa dealers in the area and NOT ONE will work on another tub regardless of price. So, had to fix it myself.

Bought sensors myself and had to send the control board to an AZ spa tech to get repaired. He did a great job and I would refer anyone for help. Email if you would like more info.

The dealer was Factory Direct Pools and Spas out of Steelville Missouri.

Now I'm considering switching to a dry sauna......... :D

Udate: Here is the email from master spa........... they were so helpful :P

-------Original Message-------

Date: 2/4/2008 8:28:21 AM

To: 'hdivr@*********.com'

Subject: RE: Question for Tech support - Where to find replacement relay?

Good Morning,

I am sorry to tell you that anything to do with the electrical in the spa; I am unable to give you any of that information. This will have to come from your dealer and or electrician. Due to liability, we are not able to give this information out to the consumer or spa owners.

I am sorry that I could not have been more assistance for you; these are all questions that should be fielded through a dealer.

I see that you will not work with the dealer that sold you the spa. There may be some difficulty getting anyone else to your home to work on your spa. The closest dealer, besides your dealer is in Jefferson City. The closest service center is in Union. I will include the contact information for both; just know that the trip fees may be substantial.

Have a Blessed Day!

Jennifer Christ

Customer Service

Master Spas, Inc.

Here is my reply:

I've already ordered the part through another manufacturer. Needless to say, I tried to work with the dealer. Kind of hard to work with him when he doesn't show for appts or yells at you on the phone telling you to "find another dealer because all parts on YOUR spa are the same as any other and you don't need to work with a Master spa dealer". So I did what he said and ordered the part from your competition.

Customer service like this will be noted on all the spa boards on the net.

BTW.....this was the second time I emailed you about this problem and you didn't respond to the first.

End: