It Was Freezing And Couldn't Wait To Get In My Tub.....

TinyBubbles

It's been really cold here. Well, really cold for us. We aren't used to temps. in the teens. I have to admit, it makes soaking soooooooooo much better. We even got snow! Ok, that was the ultimate soak. I was so jealous of everyone that gets to soak in the snow alot. When it's well below freezing and you brave the elements to go outside and soak, you must encounter some disappointments. Everytime I open the cover, I am sooooooo afraid that the spa is going to read 84 degrees or something equally awful will be going on. Do any of you have stories of heading out to your spa, nekked except for your robes, towels and beverages in hand and then...........

It's been really cold here. Well, really cold for us. We aren't used to temps. in the teens. I have to admit, it makes soaking soooooooooo much better. We even got snow! Ok, that was the ultimate soak. I was so jealous of everyone that gets to soak in the snow alot. When it's well below freezing and you brave the elements to go outside and soak, you must encounter some disappointments. Everytime I open the cover, I am sooooooo afraid that the spa is going to read 84 degrees or something equally awful will be going on. Do any of you have stories of heading out to your spa, nekked except for your robes, towels and beverages in hand and then...........

What stops me is 21 below. 10 below fine and even 15 below but 20 below or colder and the pleasentness of a good winter soak in the snow is lost. 27 below Saturday evening here in Sturgeon Lake Minnesota.....yikes!!!!

Where I live it simply doesn't get that cold. I have, however, gone out to soak only to find the spa full of leaves and debris. The cover apparently had blown open during the day - the wind nicely deposited all the trash from our yard into the spa, and then the wind politely closed the cover again so I wouldn't suspect a thing.

Has happened more than once.

B)

When it's 30s and below AND it's windy! I sort of like the sting of the cold as I scurry around naked to unlatch the cover, lift it off and then get my glass of refreshment into place...that initial immersion in the 104F water is sooooooooooo nice. But getting OUT when it's windy absolutely sux and can completely ruin my soaking experience. I've pretty much learned to turn back and retreat indoors when I head out to the tub only to find that the wind is blowing. But, every once in a while, I gamble that "it won't be so bad THIS time" and then I get painfully "re-educated" when I climb out after a great soak.

I must admit, I'm suprised that people are detered by the cold. I figured that was prime soaking time. Smilin, have you tried heating your towels in the dryer and then putting them in a cooler next to the spa? It really does help. We used to do this before we got really thick spa robes and slippers. Now, we are only cold for a moment until you get that robe around you and your tootsies in your slippers. We keep the robes on until the speakers are on, cover is off and beverages are on the ledge. Then we get on the top step, drop the robe and hop in. Chas, the dirt in the spa thing is exactly what I was thinking. That or low temps or cloudy water. It would seem so sad to have to turn around and go back in the house without getting to soak.

I must admit, I'm suprised that people are detered by the cold. I figured that was prime soaking time. Smilin, have you tried heating your towels in the dryer and then putting them in a cooler next to the spa? It really does help. We used to do this before we got really thick spa robes and slippers. Now, we are only cold for a moment until you get that robe around you and your tootsies in your slippers. We keep the robes on until the speakers are on, cover is off and beverages are on the ledge. Then we get on the top step, drop the robe and hop in. Chas, the dirt in the spa thing is exactly what I was thinking. That or low temps or cloudy water. It would seem so sad to have to turn around and go back in the house without getting to soak.

How about turning the waterfall valve to turn it off and it completely falling out of the hole leaving the knob in your hand. The pipe falls down into the hot tub and all you hear is water gushing out of it into the guts of the hot tub..... Then having to take the skirt apart in the -16 C windy cold while kneeling in slush from the spilled water trying to put the pipe back together.... That ruins the mood quite fast............

No Tiny, you don't understand at 10-20-or30 above it is awesome to soak light snow, heavy snow 10 above, 5 below absolutly unbeilievable. 10 below crystal clear very relaxing. 20 below ice crystals form on your face and your hair gets frozen as the warm water can't keep up with the freeze. You have to hold your drink in the water or it will be frozen in a matter of minutes. Get out and your feet stick to the deck or steps and your body looses it's pleasent warmth in seconds as you scramble to the house. Then you go back out with your clothes on to cover the tub and remind yourself how pleasent it is at 0 and above.

No Tiny, you don't understand at 10-20-or30 above it is awesome to soak light snow, heavy snow 10 above, 5 below absolutly unbeilievable. 10 below crystal clear very relaxing. 20 below ice crystals form on your face and your hair gets frozen as the warm water can't keep up with the freeze. You have to hold your drink in the water or it will be frozen in a matter of minutes. Get out and your feet stick to the deck or steps and your body looses it's pleasent warmth in seconds as you scramble to the house. Then you go back out with your clothes on to cover the tub and remind yourself how pleasent it is at 0 and above.

I bought a couple of heat lamps that point in the same spot... I had to run a 120v 15A circuit to each but its nice getting out and turning them on then standing underneath. They don't help in windy days but on the calm ones you're good to go!

Yeah, I totally understand not soaking in below 0 temps. The frostbite on anything exposed would ruin all the fun. With temps. in the teens we wear earmuffs. Joey, you are having rotten luck. Is the waterfall issue with your new spa that your having other problems with? Definately sounds like a mood killer!

Yeah, I totally understand not soaking in below 0 temps. The frostbite on anything exposed would ruin all the fun. With temps. in the teens we wear earmuffs. Joey, you are having rotten luck. Is the waterfall issue with your new spa that your having other problems with? Definately sounds like a mood killer!

Yepper, it's with the new one I bought...... Gotta love it!!!

I was just thinking about my last tub that I owned that was a little 4 person Jacuzzi that had 4 jets and a bunch of tiny holes around the seat for air(cold air) I went out one time to use it...took the cover off....and it was EMPTY! The water had leaked out and I didn't even realize it.. That tub caused me many headaches and I had told myself before that happened the next time something went wrong that was it... Well I listened to myself, went to the shed, grabbed my sledge hammer... you can guess what happened next... Lets just say RIP hot tub that is now in 1000 pieces in the landfill... haha So I bought a new one that is creating more problems than that one... I don't think Ill be taking out the sledge any time soon though... haha

How about turning the waterfall valve to turn it off and it completely falling out of the hole leaving the knob in your hand. The pipe falls down into the hot tub and all you hear is water gushing out of it into the guts of the hot tub..... Then having to take the skirt apart in the -16 C windy cold while kneeling in slush from the spilled water trying to put the pipe back together.... That ruins the mood quite fast............

Poor Joey. Did this happen to your new spa that you are having the other problems with?

Poor Joey. Did this happen to your new spa that you are having the other problems with?

Yes, this is what happened to the new one along with all my other problems I posted......booooo

Yepper, it's with the new one I bought...... Gotta love it!!!

I was just thinking about my last tub that I owned that was a little 4 person Jacuzzi that had 4 jets and a bunch of tiny holes around the seat for air(cold air) I went out one time to use it...took the cover off....and it was EMPTY! The water had leaked out and I didn't even realize it.. That tub caused me many headaches and I had told myself before that happened the next time something went wrong that was it... Well I listened to myself, went to the shed, grabbed my sledge hammer... you can guess what happened next... Lets just say RIP hot tub that is now in 1000 pieces in the landfill... haha So I bought a new one that is creating more problems than that one... I don't think Ill be taking out the sledge any time soon though... haha

Got stopped tonight with negative 25 degree windchill. BRRR!

Smilin, have you tried heating your towels in the dryer and then putting them in a cooler next to the spa? It really does help.

Hmmmm. Maybe I'll give your idea a whirl next time I wanna soak when the winds a-blowin'. Thanks!