The "rolls Royce" Of Spa

Dominic

Hi group,

I have a LA SPA (Esteem model) that I have to leave in my existing home, having decided to move to another place. It is working fine for more than 5 years now despite few leaks* that oblige me to remove the whole stuff out of the ground loosing a day of work at least... Anyhow, my question is, as I am about to purchase a new one now, what is the best brand of SPA on the market today ?

Thanks for your advice.

hello from Belgian SPA owner

* I have been told that the glue that they use to connect pipes on jets are not that good quality...

IPB Image

I would go with a Marquis spa. Just my opinion.

The nice thing about Hot Spring Spas is the moto massage jets they have!!! One of if not the most saut after jet in the hot tub industry!!! but it all depends on what features you are looking for in a tub!!! Do you use it for strictly therapy purposes or do you have ppl over alot for parties??? The reason i say that is if your using the tub for entertainment purposes then i would recommend the Artesian Spas (The Grand Bahama in particular)!!! Either way both tubs are sure to please!!!

Why do dealers/owners of their spa try to sell them here? Listen to Amanda, she has hit it right on the head, each situation is different. I don't tell my friends that live out of town to buy the brand of spa that I sell. Go shop, find some tubs you like, and wet test them. Make sure the dealer has been around for awhile and they dont change the brand of spa every year. Comfort is the key word.

• 5 years later...

Greetings Spa Guru..

I am also having leaking issues with my Esteem. Seems to only happen when the heater is on or jets are turned on...its leaking from the very bottom of the spa, seemingly under the jet where the water circulates back into the spa. im trying to avoid tipping the spa on its side and removing the bottom to attempt to fix it. Any tips?

Thanks!

Greetings Spa Guru..

I am also having leaking issues with my Esteem. Seems to only happen when the heater is on or jets are turned on...its leaking from the very bottom of the spa, seemingly under the jet where the water circulates back into the spa. im trying to avoid tipping the spa on its side and removing the bottom to attempt to fix it. Any tips?

Thanks!

B) Well, nothing like opening up a thread guaranteed to bring out opinions :lol:

Well, first let me tell you why you should read my opinion at all, or give it any merit.

I have been an independant repairman since the mid '80's, and as such, have contracted work for every brand mentioned so far in this thread, and dozens more.

I have been working on spas since two speed pumps and insulation were new ideas, more than one jet to a seat was considered extravegant, GFI breakers didn't exist, and half my service calls were to fix wooden barrel type tubs.

I wouldn't even consider a manufacturer that wasn't at least 30 year old, which narrows it down quite a bit.

Hot Springs/Caldera, Sundance/Jacuzzi(premium), Marquis, Dimension One, Clearwater.

You want an "A" line tub from a manufacturer that comes with their best warranty, so forget Tiger River, Marquis E series etc.

I'm sure there are one or two more, but at 150+ manufacturers in N America, you have to draw the line somewhere.

If you like being a lab rat for a manufacturer, then by all means, go with a less experieced company.

My opinions are what they are, and they aren't from drinking anyone's Kool-Aid.

Of the older spa companies, only two make a very tough and rigid shell capable of standing alone full of water without support, and those are Marquis and Sundance.

My biggest reason for choosing Marquis over Sundance is the availability of non-proprietary parts for the low cost and ease of ownership post warranty.

Marquis is the easiest to repair as well.

Yep, folks will disagree with me, but do yourself a favor, and find a Marquis dealer who stocks the model called the Show

Show.jpg

There is nothing like it in the industry, it is essentially three spas in one. Three two speed pumps, 82 jets.

Ain't nothing like it, massage wise.

B) Well, nothing like opening up a thread guaranteed to bring out opinions :lol:

Well, first let me tell you why you should read my opinion at all, or give it any merit.

I have been an independant repairman since the mid '80's, and as such, have contracted work for every brand mentioned so far in this thread, and dozens more.

I have been working on spas since two speed pumps and insulation were new ideas, more than one jet to a seat was considered extravegant, GFI breakers didn't exist, and half my service calls were to fix wooden barrel type tubs.

I wouldn't even consider a manufacturer that wasn't at least 30 year old, which narrows it down quite a bit.

Hot Springs/Caldera, Sundance/Jacuzzi(premium), Marquis, Dimension One, Clearwater.

You want an "A" line tub from a manufacturer that comes with their best warranty, so forget Tiger River, Marquis E series etc.

I'm sure there are one or two more, but at 150+ manufacturers in N America, you have to draw the line somewhere.

If you like being a lab rat for a manufacturer, then by all means, go with a less experieced company.

My opinions are what they are, and they aren't from drinking anyone's Kool-Aid.

Of the older spa companies, only two make a very tough and rigid shell capable of standing alone full of water without support, and those are Marquis and Sundance.

My biggest reason for choosing Marquis over Sundance is the availability of non-proprietary parts for the low cost and ease of ownership post warranty.

Marquis is the easiest to repair as well.

Yep, folks will disagree with me, but do yourself a favor, and find a Marquis dealer who stocks the model called the Show

Show.jpg

There is nothing like it in the industry, it is essentially three spas in one. Three two speed pumps, 82 jets.

Ain't nothing like it, massage wise.

Marquis makes a great product and considered number 2 on my list just below the D1 Nautilus. But my tastes are different. Little to much bling in the Show. Nice tub though.

Just wanted to add a quick note:

No matter which spa you choose, it will be junk in no time if the water chemistry is abused.

Don't think just because you've spent $10,000+ your spa is immune to acidic water, high sanitizer levels, and general poor maintenance.

A cheap tub and an expensive one may each provide benefits that last years and years (15+), with proper care.

Marquis makes a great product and considered number 2 on my list just below the D1 Nautilus. But my tastes are different. Little to much bling in the Show. Nice tub though.

I bought mine w/o the stereo, fancy lighting, and pop up TV, for me it's all about the therapy.

The lounge opposite the steps is man-sized, the other one is smaller, they both have seperate pumps & controls, so I don't have to argue with the wife over jets/no jets. The third pump is for the remaining two seats.

Paid $11,999 including steps and cover.