Jacuzzi 480/470 Spa Cover And Lifter

euphoriajet

I am about to buy a Jacuzzi 400 series (480). I am interested in a spa cover and lift which opens to the side i.e. which folds over the side where the filters are. I do not want the cover to fold over the side of the waterfalls.

Could any dealers or owners kindly e-mail me the available cover and coverlifts which fold on the side?

gallery-9-lrg.jpg

Good luck finding anyone (replacement manufacturer) willing to make that for you the standard way, much less reversed. I have advised my Jacuzzi dealers that we would not be supporting that tub and that they should order those covers from Jacuzzi. That is a great tub with the exception of that boneheaded design. When a cover does not rest flat on a spa, it doesn't seal properly. I was considering this tub for myself until I got a look at the cover. I rank this one up there with the older-style speaker spas.

If there are no side-folding models, then is there a cover-lifter which can drop the originalmcover out-of sight? I don't want my view blocked, and it seems the lifter i've seen still has the cover sticking way up in the air when folded.

Are there other cover alternatives?

Thanks.

Yes there are a few, a cover shelve by leisure concepts might work for you but it will require about 4 ft of clearance behind your spa or they also make a cover hook that you slide your cover down and into but you will have than to lift it up and on each time.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, I just responded to the original poster that sent me an email (I didn't at the time realize which spa this was).......... This is that DUMB spa where the acrylic rises up higher than the rest of the spa's edge for the waterfall.

SEE WHAT MY BUDDY Shaamus says above. I'd be interested to know if you find anything though.

Good luck finding anyone (replacement manufacturer) willing to make that for you the standard way, much less reversed. I have advised my Jacuzzi dealers that we would not be supporting that tub and that they should order those covers from Jacuzzi. That is a great tub with the exception of that boneheaded design. When a cover does not rest flat on a spa, it doesn't seal properly. I was considering this tub for myself until I got a look at the cover. I rank this one up there with the older-style speaker spas.

I assumed that the Jacuzzi-supplied cover (which is pictured in the original posting above) is form-fitting and curved to match the spa. If you have seen this Jacuzzi cover, can you tell me if this cover forms a perfect seal with the curved edges of the spa?

If the cover is not form-fitting, do you think this will significantly increase operating costs dues to escaping heat (like 20% or more increased cost over that of a regular flat spa?)

:o

I assumed that the Jacuzzi-supplied cover (which is pictured in the original posting above) is form-fitting and curved to match the spa. If you have seen this Jacuzzi cover, can you tell me if this cover forms a perfect seal with the curved edges of the spa?

If the cover is not form-fitting, do you think this will significantly increase operating costs dues to escaping heat (like 20% or more increased cost over that of a regular flat spa?)

:o

The cover fits fine but you can not make a cover that opens form the side for this spa because of the raised back and that is the what the original poster was looking for.

I have seen the cover up close and it seemed to be fine, the good Doctor also saw the cover and it was very nice for a standard cover and I think we were both surprised by it after knowing the maker.

• 4 weeks later...
If there are no side-folding models, then is there a cover-lifter which can drop the originalmcover out-of sight? I don't want my view blocked, and it seems the lifter i've seen still has the cover sticking way up in the air when folded.

Are there other cover alternatives?

Thanks.

Yes there are a few, a cover shelve by leisure concepts might work for you but it will require about 4 ft of clearance behind your spa or they also make a cover hook that you slide your cover down and into but you will have than to lift it up and on each time.

I enjoyed seeing this posting. I too lost part of my view with my bifold cover on my Hotsprings spa. I was wondering about this post above needing the 4 foot clearance. This can be done. I also thought about a tri-fold cover that would drop down using my existing cover assist.

thanks Arnie

Just a note, we have a 480 and our cover fits OK, not good not great but OK. The sides don't come down as much as they do in the pic posted earlier in this thread. The area where the cover hinges leaks steam. We added a *solar cover to create a better seal against the shell. No steam leaks now. Basically it seems to me that the whole cover is slightly undersized, maybe by a 1/2 inch on all sides. You can push down on the cover at the higher end of the tub and feel that it isn't making contact with the shell. Perhaps I have a cover made on a Monday, or maybe it's just designed wrong.

*- solar cover, not applicable under the cover or where prohibited.