Hydro Spa Desire

jd18

I am looking at purchasing a hydro spa Desire hot tub. Does anyone have any experience with this hot tub? Looking for short and long term pro's and con's.

Search this board for an overall view of the company and there product. It has been hashed over thousands of times and both sides of the argument regarding there quality and overall longevity and build are represented.

I am looking at purchasing a hydro spa Desire hot tub. Does anyone have any experience with this hot tub? Looking for short and long term pro's and con's.

Search this board for an overall view of the company and there product. It has been hashed over thousands of times and both sides of the argument regarding there quality and overall longevity and build are represented.

If you are interested in the Desire model I would definately go to a Costco store and get one for $4999.00 with ozone cover and lifter and stereo. it is listed as the Legend inthe Costco store and has a great level of finish and a solid spa pac and a stereo that would cost a easy $500.00 at a dealer. The spa and accesories would sell at a dealer in the range of 8k to 10k.

What are you being quoted for the Desire spa sold by Hydrospa and what options are included?

If you are interested in the Desire model I would definately go to a Costco store and get one for $4999.00 with ozone cover and lifter and stereo. it is listed as the Legend inthe Costco store and has a great level of finish and a solid spa pac and a stereo that would cost a easy $500.00 at a dealer. The spa and accesories would sell at a dealer in the range of 8k to 10k.

What are you being quoted for the Desire spa sold by Hydrospa and what options are included?

As far as I can tell, Costco no longer carries this brand of spas.

Good one Soaker..........that's why everyone chooses Hydro or Costco because they are the same for less, how could it be any different? There both square with a cover and they both hold water......well one does the other mostly does.

Good one Soaker..........that's why everyone chooses Hydro or Costco because they are the same for less, how could it be any different? There both square with a cover and they both hold water......well one does the other mostly does.

Well Jolly Roger, why don't you enlighten us all with your in depth knowledge of a spa you admitedly have never seen or worked on........I doubt you even know the specs yet your anti Costco campaign or any non dealer spa bias is becomeing obvious to anyone that has been on this board for more then two weeks! I don't like the dealer spas and for one simple reason, they rip people off time and time again and my proof is no one pays the same for any like spa with the like goodies anywhere unless it is at Sam's, Costco, Home Depot...ect...... A dealer can never show the consistent sales invoices like a larger retailer! I think that puts the spa dealers in the same category as a used car salesman and you still act like a dealer spa is the way to go. By the way, When are you going to repair spas full time rather then just a hobby to dable in?

Merry Christmas!

I can see the argument that if you're going to buy a Hydro Spa you get a good deal at Costco versus what a dealer sells them for. Though you loose the delivery and warranty service that a dealer provides you get a better price so there is a trade off and some will prefer the Costco route.

However, I would advice a third option which is not to get a Hydro from either source. They have questionable quality at best, are poorly insulated and the company filed for bankruptcy a few month and have now restructured so ask people who bought last year what their warranties are worth.

There are better options out there.

Well Jolly Roger, why don't you enlighten us all with your in depth knowledge of a spa you admitedly have never seen or worked on........I doubt you even know the specs yet your anti Costco campaign or any non dealer spa bias is becomeing obvious to anyone that has been on this board for more then two weeks! I don't like the dealer spas and for one simple reason, they rip people off time and time again and my proof is no one pays the same for any like spa with the like goodies anywhere unless it is at Sam's, Costco, Home Depot...ect...... A dealer can never show the consistent sales invoices like a larger retailer! I think that puts the spa dealers in the same category as a used car salesman and you still act like a dealer spa is the way to go. By the way, When are you going to repair spas full time rather then just a hobby to dable in?

Merry Christmas!

Soakerman,

I see you run from thread to thread spreading your own gospel like Santa does toys on Christmas eve. You choose to ignore this in another thread but I told you directly that we offer the very same equipped spa for the very same price but it includes delivery to your back yard and chems, and lift and step and dealer support. Your ramblings about this spa being 8 to 10 k at a dealers are simply outright lies. You need to stop sharing this as it is fully and completely untrue.

Merry Christmas!

LOL......Yes I am Jolly Roger. and if you could see past your eye patch Mr. Costco I am sure you would see that my problem isn't with the product. It is exactly what it is. A low end one that cost what it should. And people making an informed decision will do just fine with it as long as they are willing to live with the comprimises it has. Your comparision to the higher end products out there is what I have a problem with. But hey you are allowed your opinion of it. Your the only one that has to live with it. There's alot of folks on this board that have the same opinion as mine so they must all be mistaken while you, with your very very limited experience must be right. All dealers are ripping people off all the time and your the only smart guy on earth that has purchased a lower end product at a lower end price and got a high end product....good job Soaker.....LOL...laughable.

Merry Christmas!

Soakerman,

I see you run from thread to thread spreading your own gospel like Santa does toys on Christmas eve. You choose to ignore this in another thread but I told you directly that we offer the very same equipped spa for the very same price but it includes delivery to your back yard and chems, and lift and step and dealer support. Your ramblings about this spa being 8 to 10 k at a dealers are simply outright lies. You need to stop sharing this as it is fully and completely untrue.

Prove me wrong then. I would love to see some dealer records for sales of the spas that are identicle and not just a quote sheet but actuall sales reciepts! Your dead wrong!

Also, I would love to see what the " dealer" has to offer in the same price point and any quality level.

No worries you got it. Just please send me your name address, phone number. And I will rush it right over to you. What a ridiculous thing you ask for. Why don't you walk into our store and buy one or at least wet test one....I know you might not understand what that is since you can not do it at Costco....Soakerman....you have a lot of questions to answer before you start demanding others provide you with things that I am sure someone as bright as you know privacy laws protect you against. Please get real....Once again we as dealers can offer like spas with like specs for the same as Costco but again and try to follow this. They are not the equal of the upper line spas. Amd many dealers once again do not want to live with them each day. Under your logic we would all be driving Yogos oops the cheapest car company did not make it sorry....Kias...well at least for a while they are also close to folding...The cheapest things in life usually wind up to being worth about what you paid....They may look great and shiny when new but there is a reason they are priced less....they simply cannot not be made in this world and sold for thousands less and still be the same.....And some people like better things, they like being to pick up a phone and have service and like not having to try and put a band aid on a multi thousand dollar purchase to hopefully stop what they saved in upfront cost leak out of the spa in excessive energy costs. Which by the way if that pink foam gets wet it will lose just about all of its r value.

The service guys that I sell to love when people buy the mass-merchandiser tubs. They stay busy fixing them.

you forgot to add in your opinion and since the components are the same as most " dealer" spas then why would the repairs be any more or less? But, one thing is for sure that they are thousands less and they do have a support network in place to repair them under warranty should the need arise. To listen to you though , you'd think erroneously that there is no service or warranty on these spas

Why don't you ask Stomper from this board about his repair history on his "box store" spa, My "box store" spa hasen't required any service so I know you are blowing this service stuff way out of proportion. Obviously your a dealer that can't compete so you sling out untrue opinions to scare people away froma great low cost option to instead, buy your high priced dealer spa. Hope your sales are great this time of year.

I know most people in my neighborhood first looked at a dealer spa then went to Costco, Sams, or Home depot to get a fair price on a good quality spa at thousands less then a Dealer that had they given a fair and honest price would have sold a spa in the first place. A few of us got a different price on the same spa only three days apart, Where is the Dealer's integrity....... Sundance did this onthe maxxus model a few of us looked at but the Hot Springs dealer was also guilty of inconsistent price gouging as we also recieved a thousand dollar spread on the same model spa within a three day period, Do they have any moralls? Thank god for the internet so we knew the dealers in our area are a bunch of two timing low lifes that rip people off, ever wonder why a spa salesperson wont look you in the eye when the give a " offer" geeze!

Soakerman,

You really lack credibility when...Shammus that quoted tells you he builds spa covers and is not a retailer, but that might not work into your contrived argument so you ignore it . As you also simply ignore direct questions which means they must be real world examples that you refuse to deal with and instead you just want to preach that tired old gospel of yours.

you forgot to add in your opinion and since the components are the same as most " dealer" spas then why would the repairs be any more or less? But, one thing is for sure that they are thousands less and they do have a support network in place to repair them under warranty should the need arise. To listen to you though , you'd think erroneously that there is no service or warranty on these spas

You fogot to add in your opinion. But of course I forgot you have a source at Balboa that knows for a fact that the 200 dollar control in your Costco spa is the same as the 500 dollar controlled in another spa. What a nieve thing to say.

The repairs are more because they need work more often. Yours is coming, be patient. They are thousands less and they last half as long, and the support network is well.....shaky at best.

the components are the same as most " dealer" spas then why would the repairs be any more or less?

All women have the same components too but there is a differnece in quality between Courtney Love and Pam Anderson.

Yeah, the controls in different spas may be designed to do the same thing in theory but they are hardly all the same. Balboa makes top of the line quality controls, middle of the road controls and cheap ones and guess which are used on those Hydro spas.

You fogot to add in your opinion. But of course I forgot you have a source at Balboa that knows for a fact that the 200 dollar control in your Costco spa is the same as the 500 dollar controlled in another spa. What a nieve thing to say.

The repairs are more because they need work more often. Yours is coming, be patient. They are thousands less and they last half as long, and the support network is well.....shaky at best.

Soooo.. tell me what spa parts are in the cheap spas? which Balboa one is it? or is it a cheap gecko???????????????? What pumps? thats right Mr. Part time spa guy....... you don't know so you just dribble on about things you don't know.

Soakerman,

why do you pick and choose to single out posts but ignore the ones that you lack any genuine answer for. For the third time we have sold and we can sell like spas to the Costco unit for the same price but once again after trying it they are not worth the hassles. And again please tell me when have you ever read about a HS, Marquis, Sundance Jacuzzi, etc that a owner after buying a new spa was running out and stuffing the cabinet with insulation with the hope that any money they may have saved does not go up in steam and excessive energy costs. You ignore this very telling clue that points to the difference in build quality and you yourself have advised people on not only adding insulation but what type seems to work the best. If you have had this much experience with it...it can only mean that this is a regular issue that you are aware but choose to conveniently ignore when preaching your gospel of the spas being just as good as the others. Can you not see how this lacks credibility. A Costco spa is a lower priced unit that is well equipped but lacks dealer support has higher energy consumption, little tech support but they are a good choice for many who want a lot of bling with a low price tag and are not looking at long term ownership. I think Nordics fill this need but will give you the support of a dealer and service.

Soooo.. tell me what spa parts are in the cheap spas? which Balboa one is it? or is it a cheap gecko???????????????? What pumps? thats right Mr. Part time spa guy....... you don't know so you just dribble on about things you don't know.

Soakerman,

why do you pick and choose to single out posts but ignore the ones that you lack any genuine answer for. For the third time we have sold and we can sell like spas to the Costco unit for the same price but once again after trying it they are not worth the hassles. And again please tell me when have you ever read about a HS, Marquis, Sundance Jacuzzi, etc that a owner after buying a new spa was running out and stuffing the cabinet with insulation with the hope that any money they may have saved does not go up in steam and excessive energy costs. You ignore this very telling clue that points to the difference in build quality and you yourself have advised people on not only adding insulation but what type seems to work the best. If you have had this much experience with it...it can only mean that this is a regular issue that you are aware but choose to conveniently ignore when preaching your gospel of the spas being just as good as the others. Can you not see how this lacks credibility. A Costco spa is a lower priced unit that is well equipped but lacks dealer support has higher energy consumption, little tech support but they are a good choice for many who want a lot of bling with a low price tag and are not looking at long term ownership. I think Nordics fill this need but will give you the support of a dealer and service.

What lack of service are you talking about? I thought that the spas sold through Costco, Sams. Ect....all had a warranty with service to back them up or are you suggesting otherwise? I think your talking about delivery perhaps? Is that worth five thousand to get it deiverd? Is it worth it to save thousands of dollars by simply adding fifty dollars or less of insulation?

I think whats not worth your hassle is the small commision involved in selling these spas not a quality issue at all. And the dealers dont carry a spa for three thousand dollars except one jet and a optional heater let alone a comparable spa in components ect to the " box" stores.

The other issue is a Dealers inconsisitent priceing on the exact same spa with the exact same options. no two customers pay the same...wonder if any salseman need to watch their backs when they are going home. One thing a customer gets from a box stoe is a no haggle price on a spa.....very refreshing for the consumer! You dealers need to take a lesson and treat people with the respect to be upfront about your pricing on spas and perhaps you would earn a better reputation.

Soakerman,

What lack of service are you talking about? I thought that the spas sold through Costco, Sams. Ect....all had a warranty with service to back them up or are you suggesting otherwise? I think your talking about delivery perhaps? Is that worth five thousand to get it deiverd? Is it worth it to save thousands of dollars by simply adding fifty dollars or less of insulation?

I think whats not worth your hassle is the small commision involved in selling these spas not a quality issue at all. And the dealers dont carry a spa for three thousand dollars except one jet and a optional heater let alone a comparable spa in components ect to the " box" stores.

The other issue is a Dealers inconsisitent priceing on the exact same spa with the exact same options. no two customers pay the same...wonder if any salseman need to watch their backs when they are going home. One thing a customer gets from a box stoe is a no haggle price on a spa.....very refreshing for the consumer! You dealers need to take a lesson and treat people with the respect to be upfront about your pricing on spas and perhaps you would earn a better reputation.

Soakerman sorry to disappoint you but your totally absurd assumptions are once again totally false and have zero merit. The profit margin on the spas was fine the same as any spa we sell. Once again you allude to these thousands of dollars in savings which again is totally false. Service if you mean a 800 phone number that hope you get someone at, as compared to a local dealer who services the spas they sell directly and most dealers try to be at a home within 24 hours is hardly a comparison to having someone send you a part and than try to walk though a fix on the phone.

Soakerman you are really off in your statements about what dealers sell and how they price them....What do you think customers are ? Do you think they are like snowflakes and no 2 are exactly alike or pay the same, what does that even come from ? And I greatly appreciate how once again you avoid answering questions about the need to add insulation to these spas that you claim are exactly the same, that in itself totally shoots a big hole in your whole rant about the spa being the same, they are not they're OK but they are made cheaper and that's why they cost less. Soaker do you just like to rant about things that wish were true and when confronted with facts you simply ignore them so that you can go with your rants. What is your real agenda ?

Your short term pro will be inexpensive, while the con will be higher energy consumption. Your long term pro will be inexpensive, while the con will be suspect longevity. As Soakerman said and I agree, if inexpensive is what your looking for go with Costco and have the backing of there return policy.

I cannot help myself but to tell you to stay away from hydrospa. i ve had a long list of break downs and malfunctions with the Legend model i got from Costco and at the to be left with my problem by Hydrospa itself. Costco luckily bail me out of this piece of crap. Please Read previous posting about others experience with Hydrospa.

Am I missing something? People still debating that buying a Hydro is a good idea? Lets see the company (obviously poorly run) runs up large debt, rather than trying to work thru and honor it's debts and obligations just declares bankrupcy, screws all it's creditors and doesn't honor the warranties. Then like a few weeks later the guy that owns the company before, buys it again. I understand Soakerman, that you don't like the spa business and think the dealer spas are over priced but I honestly don't understand how you can stand behind Hydro. I like my Keys spa and it has been trouble free for over two years but if Keys did what Hydro just did, there is no way I would get another one.

Am I missing something? People still debating that buying a Hydro is a good idea? Lets see the company (obviously poorly run) runs up large debt, rather than trying to work thru and honor it's debts and obligations just declares bankrupcy, screws all it's creditors and doesn't honor the warranties. Then like a few weeks later the guy that owns the company before, buys it again. I understand Soakerman, that you don't like the spa business and think the dealer spas are over priced but I honestly don't understand how you can stand behind Hydro. I like my Keys spa and it has been trouble free for over two years but if Keys did what Hydro just did, there is no way I would get another one.

The only ones that say they have no warranty are the Dealers that could only hope so......... Everyone I know that has purchased one still has a warranty....... Not sure where you got the information that no warranty is available on a previously purchased spa? Please share.