Cover Freezing

Aaron

I purchased a Marquis this past year and now the we are heading into winter, this is the reason I bought the spa to enjoy the +20 to -20 temps of our area. However my spa cover keeps freezing down and ice builds up around the top edge of the outer shell. Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions would help. Thanks

I purchased a Marquis this past year and now the we are heading into winter, this is the reason I bought the spa to enjoy the +20 to -20 temps of our area. However my spa cover keeps freezing down and ice builds up around the top edge of the outer shell. Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions would help. Thanks

I'd say there is something wrong with the way your cover is fitting. Make sure it is settling on the top lip of your spa all around and is not damaged in some way to allow a place fo steam to escape and condesation to form and freeze. I have never had that happen to me in 40 years living in Northern Minnesota and 20 years of spa ownership and 10 years of spa service. I have seen steam escape because of bad center seal and ice form there or a broken foam insert or something. But never a cover freeze down. Are you sure it's not the suction seal created by a good fitting cover? Or do you see ice?

Try making sure all the air valves are closed before you cover it and see if that helps as well as make sure the skirt is not doubled under the cover somewhere. It should not be freezing like you describe.

Do you have a bubble wrap material cover between the surface of the water and the cover, this may help by adding an addtional layer of insulation

Try making sure all the air valves are closed before you cover it and see if that helps as well as make sure the skirt is not doubled under the cover somewhere. It should not be freezing like you describe.

Do you have a bubble wrap material cover between the surface of the water and the cover, this may help by adding an addtional layer of insulation

Am I hearing this right? You can put a layer of bubble wrap directly on the water surface of your hot tub?

Wont the heat (100-103) and chemicals start to break down the plastics and leave some odor?

Is there a special type of bubble wrap to do this?

Heck, any idea to add another layer of insulation is always open for discussion