Costco Spas

gary3960

Costco has a couple of spas available. Considering the Discovery Nirvana (on sale for $5,699.99) and the Discovery Arcadia ($5.599.99). Any suggestions? Is the Discovery decent? Thanks

Hi Gary... My wife and I were considering purchasing a Hot tub from Costco about a month ago. I forget the model of Discovery it was, but it was on sale for $2,999.99 after a $500.00 discount. We researched the product and found out they were made by Keys Backyard. It appeared to be a decent tub, the only drawback about the tub from what I was reading is the lack of adequate insulation. A owner of one of these tubs (colder area similar to North East claimed to be spending $95 a month for electric gto keep the tub going.

However, what finally deterred us from purchasing from Costco were:

1) Curbside delivery only. They would drop off the tub at the end of my driveway and then I would have to figure a way

to move a 500 pound tub about 200 yards.

2) Service. While Costco would service the spa (through a contact) I was told that the wait would be long since there were

no qualified service people for about 75 miles outside of Danbury, CT.

Hope that helps

We finally decided on a MasterSpa Legacy Envision

Costco has a couple of spas available. Considering the Discovery Nirvana (on sale for $5,699.99) and the Discovery Arcadia ($5.599.99). Any suggestions? Is the Discovery decent? Thanks

Hi Gary... My wife and I were considering purchasing a Hot tub from Costco about a month ago. I forget the model of Discovery it was, but it was on sale for $2,999.99 after a $500.00 discount. We researched the product and found out they were made by Keys Backyard. It appeared to be a decent tub, the only drawback about the tub from what I was reading is the lack of adequate insulation. A owner of one of these tubs (colder area similar to North East claimed to be spending $95 a month for electric gto keep the tub going.

1) Curbside delivery only. They would drop off the tub at the end of my driveway and then I would have to figure a way

2) Service. While Costco would service the spa (through a contact) I was told that the wait would be long since there were

Hope that helps

'dilauro', I bought a Keys tub through Walmart that had a curbside side delivery weight of 635 lbs and after a very brief negotiation with the driver I had my tub brought to the back for $100 dollars. I have spoken with other members that was considering the tub and told them to make an offer and they where all successful in getting the Keys tub to their yards. see link:

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.ph...art=#entry40213

Now I didn't have to bring the tub 200 yards but the drivers will bring it to the backyard. Dang your driveway is 200 yards from the back? :P That's a heck of a big property you have in Danbury CT. Dilauro. It's nice to be rich. As far as no qualified techs within 75 miles that's ridiculous. :rolleyes: NYC is 67.9 miles from Danbury and I'm sure there's tons of qualified tech there so who gave you this misinformation. The Keys tub is a great tub for any first time buyer. The reps are courteous and willing to make you happy. It will probably need additional insulation like most of the Thermal pane tubs do North of the Mason Dixon. I paid $3500 for the tub plus $400 - $500 for the electrical work and $100 for the driver. I do have 2 questions. Why would you consider a Keys Backyard which is a great tub for people who are soaking for the first time, when your obvious wealth could award you a more accepted (hyped) tub with all the bells and whistles? My 2nd question is how do you like the Masterspa? B)

Hope that helps

'dilauro', I bought a Keys tub through Walmart that had a curbside side delivery weight of 635 lbs and after a very brief negotiation with the driver I had my tub brought to the back for $100 dollars. I have spoken with other members that was considering the tub and told them to make an offer and they where all successful in getting the Keys tub to their yards. see link:

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.ph...art=#entry40213

Now I didn't have to bring the tub 200 yards but the drivers will bring them to be back. Dang your driveway is 200 yards from the back? :P That's a heck of a big property you have in Danbury CT. Dilauro. It's nice to be rich. As far as no qualified techs within 75 miles that's ridiculous. :rolleyes: NYC is 67.9 miles from Danbury and I'm sure there's tons of qualified tech there so who gave you this misinformation. The Keys tub is a great tub for any first time buyer. The reps are courteous and willing to make you happy. It will probably need additional insulation like most of the Thermal pane tubs do North of the Mason Dixon. I paid $3500 for the tub plus $400 - $500 for the electrical work and $100 for the driver. I do have 2 questions. Why would you consider a Keys Backyard which is a great tub for people who are soaking for the first time, when your obvious wealth could award you a more accepted (hyped) tub with all the bells and whistles? My 2nd question is how do you like the Masterspa? B)

You work for keys backyard :lol::P

As far as no qualified techs within 75 miles that's ridiculous. :rolleyes: NYC is 67.9 miles from Danbury and I'm sure there's tons of qualified tech there so who gave you this misinformation.

How do you know this :o How do you know that new york has SOOOOOOO many tech's?????

How do you know this :o How do you know that new york has SOOOOOOO many tech's?????

Hi John, How's your girlfriend. :P I don't have numbers on how many techs are in NYC, but I don't think you'd need to be a rocket sceintist. NYC has more service professionals then most places in the United States. If I'm not mistaken the population is somewhere around 8.5 million people. Have your girlfriend do the math for you. I'm sure there's someone in NYC that has a hot tub. Even a Nordic like yours. I don't work for Keys anymore then you work for Nordic. The fact is, "dilauro" post is not logical. You live in CT. I'm sure there's a service tech for your tub. So why post nonsense?:lol::lol:

Why didn't you question the original poster who stated that there were no techs within 75 miles of Danbury? Out of the two statements,

NYC is 67.9 miles from Danbury and I'm sure there's tons of qualified tech there
and
there were no qualified service people for about 75 miles

Which sounds like a more plausible statement?

104 - your bias definitely shows.

BTW, who is going to service the MasterSpa if there are no techs near Danbury?

and then 104 questions again:

This is a fact with every driver??

Of course not every driver will deliver your spa to your back yard, but there are many posters, including me, who had their spa delivered by the drivers for a modest side fee.

It is unfortunate that many of those coming here seeking advice for alternatives to dealer showroom spas have to wade through posts pushing an agenda. Those who offer advice about non-dealer spas surely must be "employees" of the competitor.

104 - do you really think biggz works for Keys or are you just stirring up the pot.

Ken

104 - do you really think biggz works for Keys

Ken

YES. Or Hydro-spa Or A dealer in florida.

'104 Degrees', John you’re right. You've successfully exposed my true identity. :o I don't work for Keys Backyard, I own the company. But quiet as it's kept, Ken Gorman owns Infinity Spas and we are working in conjunction to create a hot tub that’s so cost effective that it will cripple the hot tub market, giving us total world domination. B) Once this is done we plan to sell our company to "Dr Spa" who will turn them all into wooden tubs.

John despite not agreeing with you, I have to admit you have to be the funniest member on this board. I spilled my coffee on your previous post.:lol::lol::lol:

104 - do you really think biggz works for Keys

Ken

YES. Or Hydro-spa Or A dealer in florida.

'104 Degrees', John you’re right. You've successfully exposed my true identity. :o I don't work for Keys Backyard, I own the company. But quiet as it's kept, Ken Gorman owns Infinity Spas and we are working in conjunction to create a hot tub that’s so cost effective that it will cripple the hot tub market, giving us total world domination. B) Once this is done we plan to sell our company to "Dr Spa" who will turn them all into wooden tubs.

John despite not agreeing with you, I have to admit you have to be the funniest member on this board. I spilled my coffee on your previous post.:lol::lol::lol:

Yall are wild....lol

Gary I just bought the discover ecstasy for $3499 from costco. The driveway drop off is tough but I paid the two guys $50 each and they took it through my yard to the back (about 100 yards). It is a great spa and we just love it. My electric bill should be here in about 3 weeks and I will share with yal how much it has changed. But it does look like (after seeing under the cabinent that the tubs aren't insulated great. Its too hard to pass up. The pump is 6.2 hP and has 47 jets and a light. The only comparable tub with these features I could find was close to 5k.

My apologies. 20 yards, typo, not 200, no I am far from rich, but wish I was.

The info on service techs came from a person who purchased one not to far away from here. Sorry, those were not my words.

Masterspa, the service people are 3.4 miles away

Gary I just bought the discover ecstasy for $3499 from costco. The driveway drop off is tough but I paid the two guys $50 each and they took it through my yard to the back (about 100 yards). It is a great spa and we just love it. My electric bill should be here in about 3 weeks and I will share with yal how much it has changed. But it does look like (after seeing under the cabinent that the tubs aren't insulated great. Its too hard to pass up. The pump is 6.2 hP and has 47 jets and a light. The only comparable tub with these features I could find was close to 5k.

Could you do me a favor and look at the pump and read what the amps are on the pump label? I have a hard time believing that it has a 6.2HP pump.

I'm not trying to bash it...just curious.

Could you do me a favor and look at the pump and read what the amps are on the pump label? I have a hard time believing that it has a 6.2HP pump.

I'm not trying to bash it...just curious.

I am sure it is a 6.2 BHP pump and probably close to 3.5 true HP

I am sure it is a 6.2 BHP pump and probably close to 3.5 true HP

LOL, 6.2HP? Yeah, somewhere between 3 and 3½ hp is about right if they had scruples and speced it in Continuous HP (Real HP) like the reputable spa makers do rather than Brake HP (aka Fake HP).

My pump says 2.0 . no reason to say 5.0.

I was in Home Depot this weekend and they have one of the keys backyard tubs inside. If you are thinking about purchasing one, you could go there and check it out, before ordering one online from another store. It was kinda neat to actually see one after hearing so much about them on this site and seeing them on websites.