Soooo Many Hot Tubs... Not Enough Time!

Donna216

Hi all,

After running around for 8 hours looking at hot tubs with 4 children under 8, I definately need to be soaking in a hot tub already. We had only planned on visiting 3 dealers today but ended up coming across 2 roadside tent sales and one expo. The only good side to this was the fact we did see more manufacturers (more confusion). It also gave me time to reflect on what I wanted to spend on a hot tub. With Christmas coming, I can definately afford to save some extra $ --who wouldn't right. Well, a local dealer has the Artesian Grand Bahama with 52 jets and stereo/waterfall upgrades for $5800 originally $9,900. Although, I keep leaning towards the Hot Springs Grandee for some reason, I noticed that Artesian makes the Grand Bahama in a 62 jet version.... with the upgrades (stereo/waterfall) what would be a good price? I was given a price of $9000 for the Grandee, $8200 for a Marquis Epic and I'm getting more and more confused. Overall, I think I will "settle" on the Artesian. Any thoughts?

If your looking at tent sales and special sales make sure ts from a dealer who has a local presence and not just someone selling a spa and then taking off to the enxt town. You have one chance to get the right spa, take your time.

Hi all,

After running around for 8 hours looking at hot tubs with 4 children under 8, I definately need to be soaking in a hot tub already. We had only planned on visiting 3 dealers today but ended up coming across 2 roadside tent sales and one expo. The only good side to this was the fact we did see more manufacturers (more confusion). It also gave me time to reflect on what I wanted to spend on a hot tub. With Christmas coming, I can definately afford to save some extra $ --who wouldn't right. Well, a local dealer has the Artesian Grand Bahama with 52 jets and stereo/waterfall upgrades for $5800 originally $9,900. Although, I keep leaning towards the Hot Springs Grandee for some reason, I noticed that Artesian makes the Grand Bahama in a 62 jet version.... with the upgrades (stereo/waterfall) what would be a good price? I was given a price of $9000 for the Grandee, $8200 for a Marquis Epic and I'm getting more and more confused. Overall, I think I will "settle" on the Artesian. Any thoughts?

Hi all,

You didn't mention whether you wet tested these models or not. If you didn't, then I definitely think you need to do that b/c that will be the deciding factor. Artesian is one of the top brands along with Hot Springs, Marquis, Sundance, Jacuzzi, D1, Arctic, etc.....so I wouldn't consider it to be "settling" unless you wet tested and didn't necessarily like the Grand Bahama as much as the others.

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that we are proud Artesian owners. We have the captiva which is in the island series, but smaller than the Grand Bahama(there are just 2 of us). We have been beyond thrilled with the spa. It has exceeded any expectations that we had. Personally, I don't think you will be "settling", but I guess I am biased. Let me know if you have any specific questions, I'll be glad to try and help.

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that we are proud Artesian owners. We have the captiva which is in the island series, but smaller than the Grand Bahama(there are just 2 of us). We have been beyond thrilled with the spa. It has exceeded any expectations that we had. Personally, I don't think you will be "settling", but I guess I am biased. Let me know if you have any specific questions, I'll be glad to try and help.

Wow, thanks everyone for your insight! Yes, I did end up wet testing and I do like the Grand Bahama. Actually, one of my friend's own that model tub. This weekend we also checked out Jacuzzi and Sundance. We definately loved the foot well design in the Maxxius (I think that's what it's called). I really appreciatte everyone's help! "Tiny Bubbles" do you know the energy efficiency rating of the Grand Bahama? I was just wondering, I forgot to ask that one to the dealer... I don't think it's energy star compliant. Usually, they'll try to make an issue of it if it is. Thanks...

"Tiny Bubbles" do you know the energy efficiency rating of the Grand Bahama? I was just wondering, I forgot to ask that one to the dealer... I don't think it's energy star compliant. Usually, they'll try to make an issue of it if it is. Thanks...

To the best of my knowledge, there are no existing energy rating systems for hot tubs. Here in Canada, we are taking the first steps towards establishing official legal standards; some states (including California and I think Texas) are also heading in that direction.

Tom is right. They are working on a bill that would change that, but nothing yet. I haven't had my spa over the winter yet. We did go on vacation for 5 days and when we got out of the spa the night before leaving it was 102degrees. We turned the heat down to 80 degrees and returned 5 days later to 102 degree water. Only when I opened the cover for awhile and ran the jets did the temp. finally drop a degree. It was low 70's during the days and mid 60's during the evening. That gave me great confidence. I, personally, believe that the spa will be as energy efficient as any out there. Also, we tend to stay in the tub for long periods of time and the tub is fantastic at maintaining the temp.

Tom is right. They are working on a bill that would change that, but nothing yet. I haven't had my spa over the winter yet. We did go on vacation for 5 days and when we got out of the spa the night before leaving it was 102degrees. We turned the heat down to 80 degrees and returned 5 days later to 102 degree water. Only when I opened the cover for awhile and ran the jets did the temp. finally drop a degree. It was low 70's during the days and mid 60's during the evening. That gave me great confidence. I, personally, believe that the spa will be as energy efficient as any out there. Also, we tend to stay in the tub for long periods of time and the tub is fantastic at maintaining the temp.

I had one dealer show me a yellow tag stating that the hot tub was energy star compliant and it's rating on use of electricity --kinda like the ones you see on washers and dryers, hot water heaters, dishwashers, furnaces and the like here in the states. Don't know if this type of a system in Nationwide or not but they have it here in Illinois. That's why I asked.

• 1 month later...

We've had our grand cayman island tub for almost 3 years now and have had some frustration with it. The dealer no longer sells these tubs. Our first problem was the speakers in the tub went out and they are not covered so they were replaced at our expense and now the radio /player doesn;t work-no of it covered. We've had to replace the grey pillow like protection things a couple of times as they have ripped and the holder thigs break but our biggest most frustrating experience is with the white plastic holders that holds the jets into the tub. Over time they become brittle and the plastic clips break off and all of a sudden you have the jet and the units floating in your tub. They don't stay in anymore. So to replace them-at your expense-you have to be the entire unit silver holder and all-not just the defective white holder and they run over 10.00 a piece-we have 52 jets and started to replace them and have stopped. I have tried to contact artesian but the customer service is lousy. No help there.Never would I have ever thought to check that out. If you are looking for tubs keep this into consideration. If you talk to the dealer they say you have to ekkp your ph balanced- watch for calcium build up yadda yadda but we do all that and they still crumble and break. Has anyone else had the same problem and if so what did you do???Thanks...