Infinity Owners

Wanna a tub

I am the one who started this topic. After much research and reading on the forum we bought a Marquis. We had to pay more but I feel the extra was well worth it. We have a great dealer and a great tub. I 'am sorry to hear about your tub. If you got it from Costco you can return it and start over with a better quality tub. Good luck!!

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Purchased Infinity Spa Aug. 3rd, 07, biggest mistake I ever made. I have 3 jets I can't open, called for warrenty service in Aug problem still not resolved. My oct. electric bill, ( wich I received mid Nov. ) was $60+ avg monthly temp 48 deg. needless to say I drained it before Thanksgiving. Tub is poorley insulated, maby 1/4 in of spray foam on shell and that's all. Stay away from Infinity Spas!!!!!!! Product is CHEAP! Service is WORSE.

I wish I could say I'm surprised by the quality issues or lack of insulating properties of the spa but your story has been repeated numerous times. Keep pushing on getting the parts you need but when you get it up and going again you need to look into insulating it better (even if winter is over) as those spas are not known for being energy efficient and you should be able to remedy some of those issues yourself (search this site for many others with similar insulation issues on that type spa and how they worked to reduce it).

To bad the local dealer dropped the ball, perhaps they are sore about him not purchasing that spa through them for three to five grand more. Thank god he didn't get the spa through a dealer or he would be trully stuck! As to the Killowat charge, it it very important to know as it will tell us what the spa uses and if it is out of line or unusually high. In my area, a Hotsprings spa can run 60 a month depending on usage. Most people have actually had good luck with Infinity spas so I would call back and get things straightened out, if not, call Costco.

Okay, Soaker, I've got a deal for you. I promise to call Costco once a day and tell them you're a great employee, if you stop repeating the same made-up stuff (like HS costs more to operate than Infinity, and dealer tubs cost 3-5 grand more).

In your opinion it is made up. Thats ok!

Dealer tubs can easilly eclipse price wise a spa sold through Coscto. The dealers in my area have absolutely nothing to compete apples to apples , feature for feature for even three to five grand more period!Why, I am not sure?

As to a Hot Spings spa costing up to 60 dollars a month, this is not at all uncomen and I did notice in your previous post that you haven't owned a spa long at all so you are going of what other people ie... dealers say I would imagine.

I also know that in over two years of a "box" store spa that was less then four grand, i have had absolutely no issues what so ever and have never seen my electrical skyrocket and is definately in line with my neighbors that own H.S., and another one that owns a Sundance spa with microcrazing of the shell and the dealer/company looking the other way.

To the Original poster, I hope you enjoy your spa emensly and get years of stress free use.

Dealer tubs can easilly eclipse price wise a spa sold through Coscto.

Sure but a steak costs more than a hamburger also but that doesn't mean the hamburger is the better choice just because it sells for less.

As to a Hot Spings spa costing up to 60 dollars a month, this is not at all uncomen and I did notice in your previous post that you haven't owned a spa long at all so you are going of what other people ie... dealers say I would imagine.

Sure, a person could use a Hot Spring enough to cost them $60 per month but that person using a poorly insulated spa with that same use could easily be looking at a bill well into triple digits (and I'm not just picking on your brand but rather all poorly insulated spas).

Okay, Soaker, I've got a deal for you. I promise to call Costco once a day and tell them you're a great employee, if you stop repeating the same made-up stuff (like HS costs more to operate than Infinity, and dealer tubs cost 3-5 grand more).

In your opinion it is made up. Thats ok!

Dealer tubs can easilly eclipse price wise a spa sold through Coscto. The dealers in my area have absolutely nothing to compete apples to apples , feature for feature for even three to five grand more period!Why, I am not sure?

I also know that in over two years of a "box" store spa that was less then four grand, i have had absolutely no issues what so ever and have never seen my electrical skyrocket and is definately in line with my neighbors that own H.S., and another one that owns a Sundance spa with microcrazing of the shell and the dealer/company looking the other way.

To the Original poster, I hope you enjoy your spa emensly and get years of stress free use.

Soaker,

your statements are totally lies and you run from being accountable to them. You never answered simple and direct questions I asked you. You seem to thrive upon playing this charade of the quality of tubs sold at Costco as being the same as better known names that a local dealer can offer and you claim them to be 3 to 5 thousands less in price. You statements are just ramblings with no merit. I pointed out to you time and time again about dealers offering like quality tubs for the same price but with the backing of a local dealer. So many big names offer tubs for the same price yet when you are confronted by this you ignore it until you can find a new victim to cast your falsehoods upon. When will you simply admit that a Costco tub is a fair choice for many but tell them the truth about higher costs to operate, the need to try fill the cabinets with added insulation and the lack of dealer service, and delivery only to the curb in the front of thier home and that if they are OK with those things than they should consider a Costco tub.

Soaker,

your statements are totally lies and you run from being accountable to them. You never answered simple and direct questions I asked you. You seem to thrive upon playing this charade of the quality of tubs sold at Costco as being the same as better known names that a local dealer can offer and you claim them to be 3 to 5 thousands less in price. You statements are just ramblings with no merit. I pointed out to you time and time again about dealers offering like quality tubs for the same price but with the backing of a local dealer. So many big names offer tubs for the same price yet when you are confronted by this you ignore it until you can find a new victim to cast your falsehoods upon. When will you simply admit that a Costco tub is a fair choice for many but tell them the truth about higher costs to operate, the need to try fill the cabinets with added insulation and the lack of dealer service, and delivery only to the curb in the front of thier home and that if they are OK with those things than they should consider a Costco tub.

For those of you not used to Soaker's soapbox, I'll give you an example to back what stallion is saying.

The Jacuzzi/Sundance dealer in my town sells Vikings and a few other spas in the price range of Costco, etc. And you are getting the backing of a dealer AND the ability to wet test to see if the spa fits you before you buy it! The Hot Spring Dealer in my town also sells Tiger River and Artesian Island series in much the same price point as the big box stores, with the built-in dealer advantages. So, there are lower priced options at the dealer stores to think about. Of course, the Costco return policy sure is nice, but you have to go to the trouble of having the tub delivered, set up and filled to find out if you like it and whether you want to return it.

Consider all options. Weigh everything you read on this site and others. Then have fun!

Soaker,

For those of you not used to Soaker's soapbox, I'll give you an example to back what stallion is saying.

The Jacuzzi/Sundance dealer in my town sells Vikings and a few other spas in the price range of Costco, etc. And you are getting the backing of a dealer AND the ability to wet test to see if the spa fits you before you buy it! The Hot Spring Dealer in my town also sells Tiger River and Artesian Island series in much the same price point as the big box stores, with the built-in dealer advantages. So, there are lower priced options at the dealer stores to think about. Of course, the Costco return policy sure is nice, but you have to go to the trouble of having the tub delivered, set up and filled to find out if you like it and whether you want to return it.

Consider all options. Weigh everything you read on this site and others. Then have fun!

IlParrot,

You are right and to add the Jacuzzi 200 series are priced much in line with the Costco tubs but are in the end a much better value, full foam, dealer supported, Jacuzzi backed. Marquis, Artesian and others all have tubs that are also like the Jacuzzi with all of the same benefits that you give up when purchasing at a big box like Costco. Soaker seems to simply want to ignore reality and float these fairy tails about dealers being three to five grand higher. What he fails to mention is that yes they offer many many more choices in tubs and some are larger and with more features and do cost more but those are of your choosing not your only choice where unlike Costco there are 2 color choices and a very limited amount of spas to select from.

The new spa that will be at costco is 39"s deep :o ,Full foam :o ,3" to 5" thick cover :o ,A Lounger with two arm rest :o and more.

Yes and your point is........................? a 3 to 5 cover with 1lb foam is just an allusion of quality if they were using 1.5 lb it would be nice but its not. 39 inches is NOT INTERIOR depth is cabinet height which is how Cal makes the molds but it does not actually sit deeper than a 35 Marquis or Jacuzzi or Hot Springs. That is the whole point that unless you can see, touch, feel and sit in the tubs you can never fully appreciate both the qualities that are good and well as those that are not. And you can't do this at Costco.

Yes and your point is........................? a 3 to 5 cover with 1lb foam is just an allusion of quality if they were using 1.5 lb it would be nice but its not.

My Crown Xl has no insulation other then the stuff thats blown on the shell.My new 4" to 6" cover is doing an amazing job at keeping my tub to 104 degrees and tuning on a lot less then before. I do belive that the cover is just as importaint as side insulation.

39 inches is NOT INTERIOR depth is cabinet height which is how Cal makes the molds

My Crown Xl is 40" DEEP :D i have no problem with the water getting over my shulders. i have a hard time getting water over my shulder in a 10,000 spa and the company says its 35" deep :o I guess 39"s and 40"s are better then 35 no matter how you messure it :lol:

My Crown Xl is 40" DEEP :D i have no problem with the water getting over my shulders. i have a hard time getting water over my shulder in a 10,000 spa and the company says its 35" deep :o I guess 39"s and 40"s are better then 35 no matter how you messure it :lol:

Your missing the point a 3 to 5 cover does not in and of its self represent quality particularly if it is 1lb foam which it is. Yours with 6-4 1lb makes more sense and Yes a good cover will help. But here is the point there are so many ways to twist numbers, particularly for making a spec sheet look impressive. But until your able to put your hands on the product you really won't know how good it is. 39" of depth does not mean much if the spa does not actually sit deeper. I really like the Crown XL by the way, It is going in my back yard next month.

Your missing the point a 3 to 5 cover does not in and of its self represent quality particularly if it is 1lb foam which it is. Yours with 6-4 1lb makes more sense and Yes a good cover will help. But here is the point there are so many ways to twist numbers, particularly for making a spec sheet look impressive. But until your able to put your hands on the product you really won't know how good it is. 39" of depth does not mean much if the spa does not actually sit deeper. I really like the Crown XL by the way, It is going in my back yard next month.

Do you have the New style Crown xl?? The simplicity of the crown Is awsum. You will love the deep seat with the foot jets.

The cover at 3to5"s is thicker then most "Premium" spas. I guess we will have to wait on someone to buy one to see how it Messures up :D I'm saying messures up to 39"s.

Do you have the New style Crown xl?? The simplicity of the crown Is awsum. You will love the deep seat with the foot jets.

The cover at 3to5"s is thicker then most "Premium" spas. I guess we will have to wait on someone to buy one to see how it Messures up :D I'm saying messures up to 39"s.

However 1lb foam is what stops it from being a real "premium" cover. Just as a example Marquis covers all are 4-2 taper with 2 lb foam over-all it is a much better cover. Since these are Cal Spa molds than 39 inches of height is what it is but it does not actually sit deeper but again it looks great on paper.

However 1lb foam is what stops it from being a real "premium" cover. Just as a example Marquis covers all are 4-2 taper with 2 lb foam over-all it is a much better cover. Since these are Cal Spa molds than 39 inches of height is what it is but it does not actually sit deeper but again it looks great on paper.

The heavier foam is just that Heavy. I like it thicker.

Thicker Double wrapped Plastic Keeps it dry alot longer.

lol...yes it would and it is something this cover the one at Costco does not have.

And this actually just points to that you can take numbers and make them look good but there is more to it than just that. The quality of seals, vinyl, etc are ways to cheapen a cover that will still look good on paper.

lol...yes it would and it is something this cover the one at Costco does not have.

My new cover has it :lol::lol: . I dont think i would get the original cover on a top dollar spa. I would get a better one delivered to my door.

Well, researching your dealer is as important as researching your tub. The few times I've heard of a dealer going belly-up, the manufacturer referred the owner to another dealer.

I think its importaint to get a spa with several dealers(same spa) in the area. It is also importaint to have several dealers around if you live where it gets cold.