Diamante Spa Warranty Issues

raychu

I purchased a Diamante Ixtapa in Nov 05, and now there might be a heater problem, but found out US Tools was just sold in early 2007, and they will not honor any warrany on Diamante purchased before the company was sold!!! This in my mind is unacceptable since our heater is still under the 2 years warranty.

Wondering if anyone is having the same difficulty obtaining warranty from Diamante?

Thanks.

I have a hard time believing this is legal. I would write a letter to the BBB, that should help

I totally agree! I have spent the whole day chasing down who is going to cover this, its insane.......one good news, Balboa might cover the heater when i told them that Diamante has VOID my warranty.

Hope you get this resolved.

I bought a Diamante Mojave, sold by a Sensations spa dealer in town, in July of this year. We love the spa and it has been trouble free thus far, with the exception of a couple of stuck jets, which were promptly fixed.

I had no idea US Tooling sold the company, do you know who is manufacturing the spa's now?

I was very impressed with the components and build quility of this unit, along with the power and therapy it provides.

Someone is liable to fix your heater, keep on it....

I have a hard time believing this is legal. I would write a letter to the BBB, that should help

I also find this hard to believe. Even if the company was sold, the company's obligations go with it...I imagine a warranty is a kind of contract. If the COMPANY was not sold and just the assets and name, then the owner of the original owner of the company may be obliged to honor that warranty, but these details I'm sure have been ironed out. Forget the BBB. I'ld be calling my Attourney General.

Thanks people. I just got it fixed by a repair guy from the vendor i purchased this spa from, he has been very helpful and willing to resolve this issue with me. Anyway, the short was from the blower, not the heater he thought originally......

Balboa Instruments was very helpful and offer to warranty the heater if infact it was the problem, but Diamante was really not much help. Someone from Diamante called us back and was really verbally agressive towards us when he thought we were bringing in an attorney into this issue, but kinda offer that he might help with the cost!

I think the current Diamante company is using the old equipments and parts purchased in the sale, but its an entirely new company, at least that is what they told me over the phone.

Thanks for the suggestion about contacting the Attorney General for this area, i know the BBB will take a complain, but also know that is really not much of a help they can be.......