Hydro Spa After 1 Year

Brent Hamm

Walk to the tub in -20..thats funny..just what we do all winter (across the deck into the tub). Sure feels good to get in after that.

My kids are crazy, they like to jump out of the tub into the snow, role around, then run back in... i have not tried it yet..maybe this winter...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walk to the tub in -20..thats funny..just what we do all winter (across the deck into the tub). Sure feels good to get in after that.

My kids are crazy, they like to jump out of the tub into the snow, role around, then run back in... i have not tried it yet..maybe this winter...

'Brent Hamm', Maybe the kids are training to be "Coney Island Polar Bears". :D

My kids are crazy, they like to jump out of the tub into the snow, roll around, then run back in... i have not tried it yet..maybe this winter...

Your kids are not crazy (at least, not on account of that!) The alternation of hot and cool is invigorating, and a part of traditional Finnish sauna. Perhaps not advised for those with heart problems, though....

Skimmed this thread, found it interesting, but ... there are threads a-plenty on so-called "low end" vs "high end" spas, so why not revisit them and take the discussion into one of those.

Anybody else with a hydrospa after one year, speak up here!

Your kids are not crazy (at least, not on account of that!) The alternation of hot and cool is invigorating, and a part of traditional Finnish sauna. Perhaps not advised for those with heart problems, though.... Anybody else with a hydrospa after one year, speak up here!

Tom has a pic on his website with children going into the snow. Ive done it and it was fun.

Tom ive had a Nordic crown xl for five years now does this count???

John

I was in China not to long ago, and met up with some guys from Sweden. Anyways, i guess they all have sunas in their homes in sweden. Was pretty funny, we went into a suna at our hotel, i sat on the bottom seats, gasping for air, and the two other guys were on the top seats talking away like it was nothing. I thought i was going to die, but did not give in. Finally...it was time to jump into the closed pool (closed cause it was their 'winter'). We did that, then back into the sauna...repeated this torture three times.

This story is way funnier when i tell it in person..but..sorta along the same lines as the hot/cold stuff.

My spa has a silver layer, and behind that styrofoam sheets.

Will take a picture when the bloody rain stops!

'Brent Hamm' , I posted a link to a spray foam site on a previous post to show you how the fellow in the film sprayed a demo tub. I was also considering adding insulation, but I'll wait. The winters are very warm where I live and may not need too. :P I'm going to wait for my electric bill to determine the need. B)

Biggz, when are you getting your tub? I think we bought around the same time. Ours should be arriving to the dealer today or tomorrow. Have you done all your prep work, or was your site already ready?

We've had our Hydro Spa Z40 for six months, and are very satisfied with it. In fact, after having read so much negative press about low end spas on this forum, I was nervous about purchasing one. Honestly, our last spa was a Marquis and it serviced us well. But, the new spas, including the Hydro Spa, have big improvements in features and workmanship. My recommendation at this time: Go ahead and save yourself several thousand dollars and purchase a spa from Walmart.com or Costco.com. They might be Chevys and Fords, but then most of us can't afford to drive Mercedes and Jags.

[i set our Hydro Spa Z40 on 2-inch sheets of rigid foam insulation, then opened up all four sides and added the same rigid foam insulation between the uprights in the frame. I don't know if I needed to do this, but it was easy and cheap. I avoided adding additional spray foam insulation after a repairman said it was more difficult and expensive to trace and repair water leaks beneath alot of foam insulation than when the insulation is added around the skirt. Our increase in electric bill after installing the spa has been negligible, but then we live along the Columbia River gorge in eastern Oregon where the weather is mild. Good luck.