Infinity 6-person Sun Peak Spa (costco)

Apple

I need help - I purchased an Infinity 6-person spa on-line from Costco. I have been following some of the postings on this topic, but have not seen my problem addressed. We finally got the hot tub wired this past weekend. The only material I received with the hot tub, was a 5x7 small light blue book which only had generic information in it. Did anyone receive an actual owners manual (and I just didn't get one)? The book referred to the start-up chemical pack that was with the hot tub. I did not receive any "package" with the hot tub, no chemicals. Did anyone receive any chemicals or a start-up package? My big problem is that my pumps run all the time. I switched the Filter Cycle to F8 thinking that this meant that the pumps would only recyle once every 8 hours (is this correct). I have the Economy Mode set, but the EC and temperature flash back and forth all the time. Is this normal? If anyone can help me so these pumps do not run all the time, I would be very happy.

Thanks

Apple

I need help - I purchased an Infinity 6-person spa on-line from Costco. I have been following some of the postings on this topic, but have not seen my problem addressed. We finally got the hot tub wired this past weekend. The only material I received with the hot tub, was a 5x7 small light blue book which only had generic information in it. Did anyone receive an actual owners manual (and I just didn't get one)? The book referred to the start-up chemical pack that was with the hot tub. I did not receive any "package" with the hot tub, no chemicals. Did anyone receive any chemicals or a start-up package? My big problem is that my pumps run all the time. I switched the Filter Cycle to F8 thinking that this meant that the pumps would only recyle once every 8 hours (is this correct). I have the Economy Mode set, but the EC and temperature flash back and forth all the time. Is this normal? If anyone can help me so these pumps do not run all the time, I would be very happy.

Thanks

Apple

F8 usualy means it will filter for 8 hours twice or three times a day. EC I'm not sure without the manual. Call Infinity right away, get your owners manual.

The only material I received with the hot tub, was a 5x7 small light blue book which only had generic information in it. Did anyone receive an actual owners manual (and I just didn't get one)?

Didn't you get a laminated sheet that had the Balboa instructions on it? I got a small 5x7 light blue book as well as a laminated sheet. There wasn't any thick owner's manual.

The book referred to the start-up chemical pack that was with the hot tub. I did not receive any "package" with the hot tub, no chemicals. Did anyone receive any chemicals or a start-up package?

Infinity sells spas through other distribution channels and Infinity offers chemical start-up kits through these other retailers. The reference in the manual to a chemical start-up kit is for those who ordered the start-up kit with their tub.

My big problem is that my pumps run all the time. I switched the Filter Cycle to F8 thinking that this meant that the pumps would only recyle once every 8 hours (is this correct).

No. The filter cycle runs twice a day - every 12 hours. The F8 means that in every 12 hour filter cycle, the filter pump will run for 8 hours. Since there are 2 filter cycle a day, your filter pump should run for 2*8 = 16 hours a day.

I have the Economy Mode set, but the EC and temperature flash back and forth all the time. Is this normal? If anyone can help me so these pumps do not run all the time, I would be very happy.

The display flashing "EC" (indicating Economy mode) followed by the temperature is normal. If your display shows a solid "EC", it indicates that the temperature isn't current. The last measured spa temperature displayed is only current if the pump has been running for at least 2 minutes.

I received a reference card with my tub. The card I received can be found here:

Balboa SUV M-7 Control Reference Card

Your spa is probably operating normally. To be sure, change the filter cycle to F2. Wait 24 hours because any changes in filter times take one or two filter cycles. After waiting, check the spa occasionally to ensure the low speed pump goes off. Also, because your unit has ozone, F2 might be enough filtering to keep your water clean.

In both economy and sleep mode, the mode will alternate with the temperature. In Standard mode, the mode will display momentarily, but the display will then only show the temperature.

Hope this helps.

Ken

Your spa is probably operating normally. To be sure, change the filter cycle to F2. Wait 24 hours because any changes in filter times take one or two filter cycles. After waiting, check the spa occasionally to ensure the low speed pump goes off. Also, because your unit has ozone, F2 might be enough filtering to keep your water clean.

In both economy and sleep mode, the mode will alternate with the temperature. In Standard mode, the mode will display momentarily, but the display will then only show the temperature.

Hope this helps.

Ken

Now there is some good advice except.................be carefull reccomending filter times with or without Ozone. You have no way of knowing how much filtering a particular person needs and Ozone will not make one iota of difference to filtering or sanitation. A good chorine or bromine or Bio regimen is mandatory to clean safe water. Ozone has to be considered as nothing more than a supplement to that.

Good job Ken

That is good sound advice from both Ken and Rodger, what we have found that works well for our customers is to have the spa filter for twice a day for 2 or for 4 hours a time and what we do is bump up the clean cycle after use by cutting down on the filter times and increasing the clean up cycle which is just another filter time, We have found that the tub is naturally dirtiest after use so that the longer clean mode takes care of that and for most the shorter filter time is a economical way to operate the tub.

Hey one thing why are you not at Costco asking them for help.. ;) ....this is a jab at another thread ......sorry.... :lol: