Pictures Of My Spa

mark2550

hopefully these come out first time trying.

Well I finally was able to upload some pictures not the way I intended for them to come out but you get the ideal, this is my my bargain 9 year old hot tub, total cost for tub, wire and to repair the leaking (cracked) manifold was $700.00. after buying a 4month supply of chemicals, stain for cabinet,and new filters around $850.00 have been in every night since last wednesday the last 2 pictures were of the back side before first coat of stain, I have resoveled the foaming issue eveything is crystal clear for the past few days.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a307/dartdoc1/IMG_0148.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a307/dartdoc1/IMG_0147.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a307/dartdoc1/IMG_0146.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a307/dartdoc1/IMG_0145.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a307/dartdoc1/IMG_0144.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a307/dartdoc1/IMG_0143.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a307/dartdoc1/IMG_0142.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a307/dartdoc1/IMG_0141.jpg

Wait a minute a 9 year old Internet spa they don't last that long.

How can this be.

Not from a dealer and you only paid $850 electrical hookup included.

Boy will you be sorry.

Just kidding.

Looks great thanks for the post.The neat thing is no worrys about the monthly payments on the great 17 or 24 % financing that the dealer could have offered you on a $11,000 dollar spa.

Bond, thanks for giving me some heads up on how to post pictures, these pictures were done on a spur of the moment type of thing we still need to fill in some olds screw holes and paint the bottom board and stain the very top of the rail but it's a 100% improvement of when I brought it home with no skirting on the tub, this made it easier to handle loading an un-loading. I wish my deal would have been as sweet as yours be sure to post pictures when you get a chance. Gotta go soak for now!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub: then I be doing this -_-

Bond and Dave very good observations you are both actually correct the little side cart serves both purposes the top half of the cart is lined with styrofoam along with a plastic liner with a plug on the bottom with a drain hose to let the water out, it will hold 72 cans of your favorite beverage or 6 2 liters the small bottom half could be used for chemicals but my wife is using it for towels for the moment. It will all eventually be in a more organized manner but this was only the 3rd day of actualling using the spa and we were doing the staining the day of pictures this was last saturday.

I wish I could take credit for the cart but it is sold locally through menards made by suncast and was marked down 50% off so add another $49.95 to my total cost

hopefully these come out first time trying.

Well I finally was able to upload some pictures not the way I intended for them to come out but you get the ideal, this is my my bargain 9 year old hot tub, total cost for tub, wire and to repair the leaking (cracked) manifold was $700.00. after buying a 4month supply of chemicals, stain for cabinet,and new filters around $850.00 have been in every night since last wednesday the last 2 pictures were of the back side before first coat of stain, I have resoveled the foaming issue eveything is crystal clear for the past few days.

Congratulations. That tub looks great. I was toying with the idea of rehabbing or repairing a tub, but the wife wanted something "Now!". I have too many half-finished projects around the house, so I opted to buy new.

You should be pretty proud of your accomplishment.

That water looks great! It is crystal clear. Thanks for posting the pics and sharing your experiences. I'm sure your posting will encourage and motivate others who are lurking to try to tackle something similar.

Regards,

Ken

Ken, I like you still have plenty of other projects that have been laying around the house in which need to be accomplished, I poured this patio in july it measures 24 x 14 x 5 I originally planned on putting a 10 x 10 slab next to the garage but this deal came around and here she sit's. now the wife informs me she would like some fencing to cover 2 of the sides of the tub a man's job is never done but I love her to death and she will be patient as usual and eventully I'll get-r-done.

Bond I'm sure your spa will look great and be running in no time I spent a total of 3 evenings working about 6 hrs on the spa but had to wait 4 day's for parts not including the weekend for the broken manifold replacement and 2 days to have a buddy show up and double check my wiring before initiating power because sometimes 2 heads are better than one when working with 240v. So after 9 days from self-delivery which was late that evening we were hot-tubing and have been for the past 7 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(BIGGZ) thank you, the weekend went fine but now the water is not as clear re-shocked due to heavy use looking better plus one of the kids maybe not his fault broke one of the air divertor,regulator valves no problem popped the top off and removed the orifice now this seat has no control for now but it's on at full blast the way I like it, will get it fixed a.s.a.p. for $15.00.

twelve day's later still tickled to death and have been it it every night for at least 1.5 hours don't believe me just ask my wife she said I have found a new lover I'm sure it will slow down some after a month or 2.

Water issue's have been resolved and the part for the air divertor is going to be $9.95 it's on order. this is the 14th consectitive day this tub has been used average time 2hrs per evening and all is still going well I'm glad I found this tub my aches and pains are exstinct at this time I'm sure as time goes on my use will be less, but for now couldn't be happier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(UPDATE) 19 days later and all is well in hot tub land, I or better yet we have used this old tub on the average of 1.5 - 2.0 hours every night since geting it up and running. still learning the chemical process took my second water test in to my local dealer and everything is w/in spec still not entirely sure what I'm doing but it's all good at this point in time, will keep you all informed of electrical use as my bill should be coming in sometime soon will check w/ the wife just got in from a soak set at 105 and the ambient tempt. at approx. 49 degrees what a feeling and a sight to see the misty fog from the tub. good night for now!!!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Lately we've been keeping the temp. around 103, it's hard to believe what 2 degree's difference feels like. I maxed the temp. out the other evening to 107 let's just say my time in the tub was about 15 min. and I won't make that mistake again, everything is still working fine and my chemical routine is alot more efficient, I've only missed one evening out of 24 days in the tub since owning it. :P

• 1 month later...

Update, the spa or hot tub is still working like new just came in from a soak at a 105 degree's. I have installed a partial privacy fence the rest of it should be done with-in the next weekend will post pictures when done. The wife and I have enjoyed this tub to the fullest so far I personaly have been in it eveyday except for 3 due to family get togethers or overtime at work and couldn't ask for anything better, I have done the insulation on the inside of the tub and so far can't tell any difference in the power bill, but the next couple month's will be the real test because these illinois winters can get down right fridged, will keep you posted.

Nice photos! Nice tub!

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg