Sundance Bahia Vs. Tiger River Caspian

Hey there everyone! I am new to this whole tub thing and out there doing my research. I have really enjoyed your forum and have narrowed down my needs/wants. Here's what I would like: 6-7 person tub, no lounge, cool-down seat a plus (why don't more tubs have this?!) and I would like to stay in the $7K range. I have narrowed it down to the Sundance Bahia and the TR Caspian. I think I'm leaning toward the Caspian even though it is about a grand more. I am going for a wet test this week, but would like anyone's opinion as to whether you think these are comparable spas and which is the better value for money. Alternatively, are there any others out there that fit my bill? Locally I have the choice of Sundance, Hot Spring, Caldera, Tiger River, Jacuzzi, and Vita Spa (btw: what are your opinions on this one - can't find much about it).

Thanks in advance.

Teresa

I considered those very spas a little over a year ago; I also looked at the Saratoga Putnam.

I chose the VitaSpa Nuage for a number of reasons, and have been very pleased with it.

What I like about the VitaSpa Nuage: every seat has a different set/combination of jets; two 2-speed pumps, individual control over most jets; an excellent control panel with automatic features (auto shutoff; auto skimmer feature, auto anti-freeze feature, etc), CD ozonator, circ pump, and dual filters.

Also, keep in mind that any needed service, including advice, will come from your local dealer. Be sure you're comfortable with the dealer regardless of the brand of spa you purchase.

Hey there everyone! I am new to this whole tub thing and out there doing my research. I have really enjoyed your forum and have narrowed down my needs/wants. Here's what I would like: 6-7 person tub, no lounge, cool-down seat a plus (why don't more tubs have this?!) and I would like to stay in the $7K range. I have narrowed it down to the Sundance Bahia and the TR Caspian. I think I'm leaning toward the Caspian even though it is about a grand more. I am going for a wet test this week, but would like anyone's opinion as to whether you think these are comparable spas and which is the better value for money. Alternatively, are there any others out there that fit my bill? Locally I have the choice of Sundance, Hot Spring, Caldera, Tiger River, Jacuzzi, and Vita Spa (btw: what are your opinions on this one - can't find much about it).

Thanks in advance.

Teresa

These are both good spas similar in size and seating, I like the large cool down seat in the caspian and you have a bit more jet variety also. Wet test them both, then decide.

Thanks in advance.

Teresa

Teresa if you have a Coleman spa dealer check out the 471 and it is in a great price range and great quality and comprable. The same company name that makes the coolers, tents, barbeque, and outdoor equipment.

I do love my full-foam Coleman ice cooler with wheels, it is very efficient. I also like my Coleman sleeping bag and flashlight and their cook stoves and lanterns and snake bite kits are handy. The camping equipment is really nice. Any company that can make lanterns and stoves and sleeping bags and snake bite kits and weenie roasters and hot tubs is pretty diversified!

I wish the company I represented made ice chests with wheels and weenie roasters. :(

Terminator

I do love my full-foam Coleman ice cooler with wheels, it is very efficient. I also like my Coleman sleeping bag and flashlight and their cook stoves and lanterns and snake bite kits are handy. The camping equipment is really nice. Any company that can make lanterns and stoves and sleeping bags and snake bite kits and weenie roasters and hot tubs is pretty diversified!

I wish the company I represented made ice chests with wheels and weenie roasters. :(

Terminator

Sorry to break it to you but the Coleman name is liscened for use on spas. They're simply paying to put that name on spas. The spa maker has nothing to do with the company that makes those coolers, camping gear etc. other than they share the same name. It's a good Marketing idea but in the end it's just that, Marketing. I wonder how many spa shoppers realize that and how many buy with the idea that "it's by the same people who make the camping gear so it should be ....". I can see Brulan now "Ya see Mr Smith, you've been using Coleman equipment your whole life so you know how good it is. We were there with you when you were a Boy Scout and now we'll be there for you when you want to relax in a spa. Plus, if you buy today I'll toss in this flashlight and cooler for free (but don't tell my manager, ;);) )".

Sorry to break it to you but the Coleman name is liscened for use on spas. They're simply paying to put that name on spas. The spa maker has nothing to do with the company that makes those coolers, camping gear etc. other than they share the same name. It's a good Marketing idea but in the end it's just that, Marketing. I wonder how many spa shoppers realize that and how many buy with the idea that "it's by the same people who make the camping gear so it should be ....". I can see Brulan now "Ya see Mr Smith, you've been using Coleman equipment your whole life so you know how good it is. We were there with you when you were a Boy Scout and now we'll be there for you when you want to relax in a spa. Plus, if you buy today I'll toss in this flashlight and cooler for free (but don't tell my manager, ;);) )".

I think my learned Texas friend knows that, and is having a little joke at Colemans expence, we English call it "Taking the piss"

I think my learned Texas friend knows that, and is having a little joke at Colemans expence, we English call it "Taking the piss"

... and sometimes we Americans realize that and play along too so we can join in on the fun. We call that "being a smart a$$". B)

BTW, back to the origianl question before Brulan tried to toss Coleman into the ring, you can't go wrong with teh Bahia or the Caspian. Let us know how it goes and ENJOY!!

Terminator

Coleman kinda sounds alot like Masco, Watkins mother company (HotSprings Spas). Ring a bell? Masco is pretty well diversified as well, they make home faucets, kitchen cabinets, house paint, staples and fasteners, windows, home door hardware, security systems for business and low and behold spas too. What next for Hotsprings? a spa security system? a nice brass bathroom faucet for a drain? Hey the spa security system might not be a bad idea in some locations. Both companies are doing what most large corporations do, diversify and not put all the eggs in one basket, makes sense to me. Back to original question, I wet tested a Caspian and was very impressed. This is a nice spa, has some great features . I would go with Caspian over the Bahia,

... and sometimes we Americans realize that and play along too so we can join in on the fun. We call that "being a smart a$$". B)

BTW, back to the origianl question before Brulan tried to toss Coleman into the ring, you can't go wrong with teh Bahia or the Caspian. Let us know how it goes and ENJOY!!

Very witty in both paragraphs :D

Thanks in advance.

Teresa

I had it narrowed down to those two tubs also. Was leaning toward the Bahia but couldn't make a deal with my dealer. Ended up with a D1 Sojourn which is very comparable and less money. If you like the foot jets, the Sojourn has them flush to the floor which is nice. Not sure if you have a D1 dealer near you.

[Caspian is selling Maxx Spas from Canada, the same company that supplies spas to Home Depot. They are not a long term tub, most parts wear out after 2 to 3 years and then the warranty is done. The Tiger River is a well made brand and parts will be available for many years to come. Wet test before you buy, the back center seat is very small and only kids can really use it. Caspian is very nice as you don't have jet selector switches so all jets are either on or off.

[Caspian is selling Maxx Spas from Canada, the same company that supplies spas to Home Depot. They are not a long term tub, most parts wear out after 2 to 3 years and then the warranty is done. The Tiger River is a well made brand and parts will be available for many years to come. Wet test before you buy, the back center seat is very small and only kids can really use it. Caspian is very nice as you don't have jet selector switches so all jets are either on or off.

Not Correct Information

Caspian is made by Tiger River an affiliate of HotSprings, a damn nice tub that is built to last. Maax Spas in no longer made in Canada, they are manufactured in Arizona. Maax spas upper end lines are Elite and Coleman, their lower tier line is Nahanni which is sold by Home Depot. I do know this to be correct. Please don't post mis-information, if you don't know something don't post it. People come in here looking for accurate information as I do myslef, not BS.

Not Correct Information

Caspian is made by Tiger River an affiliate of HotSprings, a damn nice tub that is built to last. Maax Spas in no longer made in Canada, they are manufactured in Arizona. Maax spas upper end lines are Elite and Coleman, their lower tier line is Nahanni which is sold by Home Depot. I do know this to be correct. Please don't post mis-information, if you don't know something don't post it. People come in here looking for accurate information as I do myslef, not BS.

He/she did say that Tiger River was a well made brand, but it was a little confusing. Sounds like Grahamtasia 2 to me?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks in advance.

Teresa

What is the price you are able to get on the Caspian?

Thanks in advance.

Teresa

www.colemanspas.com Check out the 480 model because it fits your criteria with 2 captain chairs(cool down), No lounge, and it is in your price range, with excellent back up support depending on the dealer, good warranties and parts are readily available.

www.colemanspas.com Check out the 480 model because it fits your criteria with 2 captain chairs(cool down), No lounge, and it is in your price range, with excellent back up support depending on the dealer, good warranties and parts are readily available.

LOL, I see you've responded to the original person's posting with a plea to look into Coleman even though they specifically state (and you've attached it about your post):

1) I have narrowed it down to the Sundance Bahia and the TR Caspian.

2) Locally I have the choice of Sundance, Hot Spring, Caldera, Tiger River, Jacuzzi, and Vita Spa.

You really should know what's in the water before you spend too much time fishing with the wrong bait.

LOL, I see you've responded to the original person's posting with a plea to look into Coleman even though they specifically state (and you've attached it about your post):

1) I have narrowed it down to the Sundance Bahia and the TR Caspian.

2) Locally I have the choice of Sundance, Hot Spring, Caldera, Tiger River, Jacuzzi, and Vita Spa.

You really should know what's in the water before you spend too much time fishing with the wrong bait.

I get alot of customers that said I didn't know Coleman made Spa's and they have been around over 20 years. The slogan doesn't say "I didn't know Coleman made Lanterns!" :D

Coleman kinda sounds alot like Masco, Watkins mother company (HotSprings Spas). Ring a bell? Masco is pretty well diversified as well, they make home faucets, kitchen cabinets, house paint, staples and fasteners, windows, home door hardware, security systems for business and low and behold spas too. What next for Hotsprings? a spa security system? a nice brass bathroom faucet for a drain? Hey the spa security system might not be a bad idea in some locations. Both companies are doing what most large corporations do, diversify and not put all the eggs in one basket, makes sense to me. Back to original question, I wet tested a Caspian and was very impressed. This is a nice spa, has some great features . I would go with Caspian over the Bahia,

Who insulates there products better than Coleman? ;):rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...