Typical Delivery Times?

Ron

The first couple of weeks of waiting wasn't too bad. The third was tougher, now going on four is getting REALLY tough. Ordered a HS Grandee three weeks ago Sunday. So, this Sunday will be four weeks.

I called the dealer Monday and they said it was harder ordering than usual. Lots of orders, only so many can fit on the truck,,,, etc. I can understand that to a point. But it seems a little too long to me. Am I unreasonable? They said about 4 days which will be tomorrow, then they should be able to arrange a delivery date. I'm calling them again to light a fire under their butts if I don't hear anything by Friday morning.

Waiting for delivery is holding up a lot of things, my electrician, my pergola/privacy fence, landscaping around it, blah , blah, blah.

Sorry about the rant,,,,

Ron

What part of the country are you in? Who is your dealer? Obviously I don't know all the details, but 4 weeks seems a little long.

I am from a suburb about 45 mins North of Chicago. The dealer I went with is from Crystal Lake, IL (also has a store in Paletine, IL). From what I can tell, they are reputable, been around a long time. 4 weeks seems a long time to me too. If I have to call again, I won't be as nice this time.

I am from a suburb about 45 mins North of Chicago. The dealer I went with is from Crystal Lake, IL (also has a store in Paletine, IL). From what I can tell, they are reputable, been around a long time. 4 weeks seems a long time to me too. If I have to call again, I won't be as nice this time.

Keep calling them. They'll want to stop your phone calls and the way to do that is to deliver your tub.

Could be just the time of the year. We usually have an outdoors show or 10 in our city this time of year, and many dealers set up at these as well, so maybe there's a higher demand on tubs (spring fever, just got those Christmas bills paid off). I'm no dealer, so can't verify this. My tub took about 6 weeks, but i live in what's considered as somewhat remote (although it's not a small city by any means, but is in the middle of nowhere), and they had a very large order at that time. Actually, i was told around 6 weeks and it took about 4.5 - 5 weeks. Try not to get too upset, but call them politely and ask them when you can expect your spa to be delivered.

The first couple of weeks of waiting wasn't too bad. The third was tougher, now going on four is getting REALLY tough. Ordered a HS Grandee three weeks ago Sunday. So, this Sunday will be four weeks.

I called the dealer Monday and they said it was harder ordering than usual. Lots of orders, only so many can fit on the truck,,,, etc. I can understand that to a point. But it seems a little too long to me. Am I unreasonable? They said about 4 days which will be tomorrow, then they should be able to arrange a delivery date. I'm calling them again to light a fire under their butts if I don't hear anything by Friday morning.

Waiting for delivery is holding up a lot of things, my electrician, my pergola/privacy fence, landscaping around it, blah , blah, blah.

Sorry about the rant,,,,

Ron

We had to wait about 6 weeks for our tub. We live in ND, and ordered ours last year from a dealer in Fargo. He said the brand we bought, Islander, is built in California. We ordered it in February, and didn't really need it quickly anyway, since we were installing it on our deck. We needed the snow to be gone first in order for the electrician to do his work, etc. But don't get me started on Slumberland - I have had more excuses from that store when I've ordered furniture than you can imagine. I am finally writing them off! Sorry to get off the subject.

Sorry about the rant,,,,

Ron

If the dealer has say 20 customers waiting on spas he can get 15 to 17 on a truck load, from the time he orders that truck load, depending on the manufacturer it can take 2 to 8 weeks for that to show up, HotSprings are faster than most, they take closer to 2-3 weeks. but if you are not in those 15-17 out of the 20, he has 2 choices, put your spa on someone elses truck, which will take more time to arrive, because its not coming direct and cost more, or order another truck load. To order another truck load he has to come up with another bunch of money, but he's still got his money tied up in all the first truck load of spas, so he has to deliver them first to get the money from those customers so he can order yours. So thats why it may take 4-6 weeks.

I understand your angst, but be a little more patient, you have purchased a fine spa that will give you pleasure for a lifetime, believe me, it WILL be worth the wait.

my hs grandee was delivered 10 days ago, that was exactly 4 weeks after giving the dealer (in nj) the go ahead that i was ready to accept delivery (had a paver patio built over concrete). still not up and running because of some weather related delays, electrician , etc. i look at it this way, it doesn't matter because i know everything will be just perfect when its ready for the first dip. good luck - the grandee is it man!!!

my hs grandee was delivered 10 days ago, that was exactly 4 weeks after giving the dealer (in nj) the go ahead that i was ready to accept delivery (had a paver patio built over concrete). still not up and running because of some weather related delays, electrician , etc. i look at it this way, it doesn't matter because i know everything will be just perfect when its ready for the first dip. good luck - the grandee is it man!!!

Update: Called my sales person today, she had to check with a few people but supposedly my tub was put "on the truck today". That gives it a theroetical arrival date of next Tuesday, delivery on Thursday. We'll see.

Good Luck, Ron. Because we carry a lot of spas in stock, our customers rarely have to wait more than a week. If we have to order, it ususally takes about 2 to 2 1/2 weeks, but never more than 4. When's the party? :P

Our spa's take 2-4 weeks but lately for some reason they have been taking 3-6 weeks if an order is taken. I think they didn't expect this much volume.

Good Luck, Ron. Because we carry a lot of spas in stock, our customers rarely have to wait more than a week. If we have to order, it ususally takes about 2 to 2 1/2 weeks, but never more than 4. When's the party? :P

Soon, I hope. Gotta get it installed, then build a privacy fence/pergola around it. Have to keep the prying eyes of the neighbors out :-). The projects never seem to end.

Soon, I hope. Gotta get it installed, then build a privacy fence/pergola around it. Have to keep the prying eyes of the neighbors out :-). The projects never seem to end.

All Spa dealers will have delays from time to time, just part of doing business? Watkins (which is the manufacturer of Hot Springs) usually is only 2- 3 weeks for delivery, but this a very busy time with all the spas being sold right now and all the dealers are doing out door shows etc...Try to be patient it'll be worth it.

All Spa dealers will have delays from time to time, just part of doing business? Watkins (which is the manufacturer of Hot Springs) usually is only 2- 3 weeks for delivery, but this a very busy time with all the spas being sold right now and all the dealers are doing out door shows etc...Try to be patient it'll be worth it.

I agree, we have seen a huge serge in spa sales in the last couple of weeks, I'm thinking that the gas prices may be helping sales right now. People want to stay home, so an investment in a spa is a good idea.

I agree, we have seen a huge serge in spa sales in the last couple of weeks, I'm thinking that the gas prices may be helping sales right now. People want to stay home, so an investment in a spa is a good idea.

I am glad to hear that Coleman isn't the only manufacturer that lead times have went up. We now have to tell customers 3-6 weeks rather than 2-4.

I am glad to hear that Coleman isn't the only manufacturer that lead times have went up. We now have to tell customers 3-6 weeks rather than 2-4.

Hey Brulan, do you find that customers have a problem being told 6 weeks or is it not an issue.

Hey Brulan, do you find that customers have a problem being told 6 weeks or is it not an issue.

We carry a large amount of tubs in stock at all times and they usually settle with what is in stock if they cannot wait. However, alot of the times we are usually waiting for them to finish a deck or having someone pour concrete and electric done so it isn't a big deal. We say 6 weeks so that would be the worst case scenario but they have been coming in 4-5 weeks the most.

We carry a large amount of tubs in stock at all times and they usually settle with what is in stock if they cannot wait. However, alot of the times we are usually waiting for them to finish a deck or having someone pour concrete and electric done so it isn't a big deal. We say 6 weeks so that would be the worst case scenario but they have been coming in 4-5 weeks the most.

We also carry a pretty decent inventory but it's never the right color combination is it.

We also carry a pretty decent inventory but it's never the right color combination is it.

We try to keep in stock the 3 of 9 most popular colors of every model but it is hard because there is the standard, deluxe and premium types for each model as well so it is hard to have the right inventory for everyone but usually if people want it right away they will choose something. Most of our business is 2nd timers or referrals.