1st Time Spa Buyer

plesetz

I have looked at several tubs and we seem to like the Sundance Optima. The dealer location is close for service, but I'm not sure what a "good deal" on a spa really is. It's hard to find competitive prices on the web, they just don't seem to be there, and Consumer report will rate a hot dog, but not a hot tub. So, on a tub with a retail price of almost $11,000.00, what is a good cash price? I'm located in Wisconsin if this has any bearing. Just thought I would add, we did get a price of $8400.00 plus sales tax for the 2007 Optima with cover and lift, stereo/ipod dock and remote, with optional pump control on the remote and ozone.Thanks

I have looked at several tubs and we seem to like the Sundance Optima. The dealer location is close for service, but I'm not sure what a "good deal" on a spa really is. It's hard to find competitive prices on the web, they just don't seem to be there, and Consumer report will rate a hot dog, but not a hot tub. So, on a tub with a retail price of almost $11,000.00, what is a good cash price? I'm located in Wisconsin if this has any bearing. Just thought I would add, we did get a price of $8400.00 plus sales tax for the 2007 Optima with cover and lift, stereo/ipod dock and remote, with optional pump control on the remote and ozone.Thanks

That is an excellent price for that spa, almost too good to believe.

Why is that such a great deal, is everyone accustomed to paying retail?

Why is that such a great deal, is everyone accustomed to paying retail?

Its a good price probably because your in a low price area, Wisconsin doesn't strike me as a very popular hot spot for hot tub dealers. My area's Cameo/Optimas go in the lows of 9K to the highs of 10.5K, nobody really pays that retail price because the retail is set purposely high so that everyone feels like their getting a deal. That price makes that tub worth it by a lot. But if your area is low in price in general, look at what other brands have to sell because if your sundance is that cheap, maybe some of the normally high priced brands like artesian or D1 will be low too

You got a MUCH better price of the $9900.00 plus 5% tax than I did! And that was the price for an in stock tub!!

You got a MUCH better price of the $9900.00 plus 5% tax than I did! And that was the price for an in stock tub!!

I got 2 other prices so far, 0ne for a Marquis Regency at $8992.00 no stereo, and a Baja 1067 $8000.00 no stereo both do not include tax. The Optima is also not a floor display, I can select any combination. So based on what I'm reading I should snap up the Optima correct?

I got 2 other prices so far, 0ne for a Marquis Regency at $8992.00 no stereo, and a Baja 1067 $8000.00 no stereo both do not include tax. The Optima is also not a floor display, I can select any combination. So based on what I'm reading I should snap up the Optima correct?

As long as you have wet tested it against others and feel it is the best tub for you - I say GO FOR IT!

As long as you have wet tested it against others and feel it is the best tub for you - I say GO FOR IT!

I'm not in Wisconsin, but I'm not necessarily in a market where hot tubs are in demand, either. According to my shopping, that is an EXCELLENT price on the Optima. In fact, that would be a great price without the $1,200 stereo! However, you might want to try a few other tubs, first. I was totally excited about the Optima based on my research on this forum. I really wanted to like it and was prepared to haggle with the local dealer to get his high price to come down a bit. Let's just say, I was under-impressed with the Optima. I have no doubt that the Sundance brand is awesome, but after wet testing tubs from Marquis, Hot Springs, Caldera and Dimension 1, it wasn't even on my radar screen. There were a couple of things I liked about it, but the jet action, size of jets, placement of them, etc...was just not as good as the other tubs. It didn't seem to have much power. And you seemed to have to divert water to get any kind of vigorous massage, and even then it wasn't very vigorous, IMHO. In a position where all the jets were running at a kind of "medium" power, it felt really weak to me. Also, the seating made it feel like my knees were up in my chest all the time (I'm 6' 2"). My advice: if there's a dealer in your town with Dimension One, Hot Springs and Caldera, go check out the D1 Nautilus, Caldera Niagara and Hot Springs Vanguard and Grandee first. They are also spas with the open seating (no lounger) concept. In my experience, I would put all of those ahead of the Optima. You might like one of them better, and if those dealers know your Sundance dealer is selling the Optima for $8,400 with stereo, they'll probably give you a good deal on one of those models. If you don't like any of them better, go get the Optima. From my research it is a well-made spa that will serve you well. But you'd hate to buy based solely on a good price only to find out after a few soaks that it's just not the best for you.

And now just a pure personal opinion, I don't see how anyone who tried the D1 Nautilus and compared it to the Optima would choose the Optima. I think the Nautilus just really excels at wat a hot tub is supposed to do: move some water with some good-sized jets for a vigorous massage experience. But to each his own, I guess.

David 66

So, on a tub with a retail price of almost $11,000.00, what is a good cash price? I'm located in Wisconsin if this has any bearing. Just thought I would add, we did get a price of $8400.00 plus sales tax for the 2007 Optima with cover and lift, stereo/ipod dock and remote, with optional pump control on the remote and ozone.

That is a good deal. Some dealers may give a discount for paying with cash so it doesn't hurt to try but don't be discouraged if they don't because $8400 for a 2007 Optima with stereo is worth taking with or without a cash discount.

Stick around and let us how it goes.

I somewhat agree with David on checking out the other tubs, but at the same time being able to buy a tub most people would spend 11000 on and paying 2700.00 less is an AMAZING deal. Expecially not getting an in stock model, I would assume the only way that could happen is if he had instock models and was cash hungry. I know what the Optima costs, and to ship it to Wisconsin would cost even more then to ship it to Colorado which im used to...and I dont see how a dealer can stay inbusiness selling for that low. If 1 glitch in your order accures he could be looking at 0 to negative dollars on your order. Nautilus and Vangaurd should probably be same price without stereo and even though I like d1 and hot springs better then Sundance I cant get over the deal your getting.

Solomon, 9900+tax for an Optima stereo is a good deal too, again 11000 is what most people pay for that spa with the stereo.

I somewhat agree with David on checking out the other tubs, but at the same time being able to buy a tub most people would spend 11000 on and paying 2700.00 less is an AMAZING deal. Expecially not getting an in stock model, I would assume the only way that could happen is if he had instock models and was cash hungry. I know what the Optima costs, and to ship it to Wisconsin would cost even more then to ship it to Colorado which im used to...and I dont see how a dealer can stay inbusiness selling for that low. If 1 glitch in your order accures he could be looking at 0 to negative dollars on your order. Nautilus and Vangaurd should probably be same price without stereo and even though I like d1 and hot springs better then Sundance I cant get over the deal your getting.

Solomon, 9900+tax for an Optima stereo is a good deal too, again 11000 is what most people pay for that spa with the stereo.

Made the purchase yesterday, $8200 out the door, with everything listed earlier.