Caldera Vs Hotsprings...

Marie3

looking to buy.. having too much information on what to buy.. looking at 5 to 7k range.. model in caldera looking at is martinique and than the new moorea since little bigger.. HS line looking at the vista.. not sold on the moto jet and heard HS jets are less powerful and why so many filters on hotspring models those are 83.oo a piece times 5 wow.... please help leaning really towards caldera for price point any bad things to know about caldera since not much out there in the forums.. please respond soon buying in a few days.. thanks for the information... any is helpful and how much is there a set price martinique going for 5800 moorea 7000 and vista 7900 how much really marked up compare to stores 35miles apart little difference.. thanks

If you can buy a HotSpring Vista for $7900, I would buy it in a heartbeat. They sell for $10,600 in East Texas. Where on earth is this dealer and what is he smoking? :blink:

Good luck with whichever you choose. The Caldera is a great spa and the Vista is even greaterer, so I'm sure you'll be very happy with either one. :)

Terminator

Both are great brands. Prices in your neck of the woods are very low.

Models you are comparing are not comparable. Comparable models would be Vista vs. Geneva, Martinique vs. Sovereign, Moorea maybe vs Envoy (although both Martinique and Moorea are in the Paradise line and have less features than the Caldera Utopia series).

Hot Spring filters are unique on Vista. Hot Spring filtration system is unique, thus 5 filters. Caldera jet performance is considered stronger, but I have never heard a Hot Spring owner wishing he had more powerful jets.

looking to buy.. having too much information on what to buy.. looking at 5 to 7k range.. model in caldera looking at is martinique and than the new moorea since little bigger.. HS line looking at the vista.. not sold on the moto jet and heard HS jets are less powerful and why so many filters on hotspring models those are 83.oo a piece times 5 wow.... please help leaning really towards caldera for price point any bad things to know about caldera since not much out there in the forums.. please respond soon buying in a few days.. thanks for the information... any is helpful and how much is there a set price martinique going for 5800 moorea 7000 and vista 7900 how much really marked up compare to stores 35miles apart little difference.. thanks

I'm still new to the spa world, now owning my Hot Springs Vanguard about 2 weeks. The 5 filters may be expensive, but they are suppose to last a long time. You just put them in your dishwasher to clean and replace. The 5 filter system is suppose to keep the water cleaner and I believe allows you to use less chemicals so you won't smell like you've been in a chlorine bath when you get out. The water in a HS is always filtering 24hrs a day 100%.(unless you turn the power off of course). My jets are plenty powerful. I never have then set on the most powerful setting because its just too much for what I want. Depends on what your needs are I guess, and personal preference.

I know nothing about the Caldera but I'm sure there are many here who could help with that, and others who could add more info on the HS as well.

Good luck!

vista is the 2005 floor model for that price

If you can buy a HotSpring Vista for $7900, I would buy it in a heartbeat. They sell for $10,600 in East Texas. Where on earth is this dealer and what is he smoking? :blink:

Good luck with whichever you choose. The Caldera is a great spa and the Vista is even greaterer, so I'm sure you'll be very happy with either one. :)

Terminator

vista is a 2005 floor model discount of 600 in my area which is southern oregon... new one listed for 8600... wow on 10.000 and up... this model does not have o zone so add one than your up to new model price with o zone... something to consider .. vista is short on lounge seat on back part hit husband in shoulder blades at 6ft 4 so option to consider... any bad about caldera out there what is up with the pump coming on for one time for 12min during the day or whatever don't understand that still has 24 hr cir pump can you explain :blink:

what is up with the pump coming on for one time for 12min during the day or whatever don't understand that still has 24 hr cir pump can you explain :blink:

The circ pump has it's own line where it draws water through the filters. I think what you're referring to is a once/day purge where all the pumps come on for a couple minutes just to draw all the water from all the jet lines in case people go awhile in between uses as that water doesn't get filtered otherwise and could get stagnent.

Marie3, the reason the HotSpring has the 5 filters is because it's the only brand of spa in the world that filters every single drop of water in the spa before it ever reaches your pump, heater, and plumbing. Those 5 filters (which should last 10 years or more, longer than most hot tubs will, actually) will keep debris from reaching your spas vital components which will greatly enhance your ownership experience.

I made a rough drawing to help illustrate the advantage of 100% No-bypass filtration:

IPB Image

I hope this helps make it a little easier to understand the differences.

Good luck in your search.

Terminator

Marie3, the reason the HotSpring has the 5 filters is because it's the only brand of spa in the world that filters every single drop of water in the spa before it ever reaches your pump, heater, and plumbing. Those 5 filters (which should last 10 years or more, longer than most hot tubs will, actually) will keep debris from reaching your spas vital components which will greatly enhance your ownership experience.

I made a rough drawing to help illustrate the advantage of 100% No-bypass filtration:

IPB Image

Terminator

HAHAHAHAHA IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

That is too cool.

Marie, the Vista has a very long lounge. If your husband can't fit in that lounge I would suggest going with a non-lounger spa. Did he test it out wet? It makes a huge difference. I'm his height and it fits me very well. I would grab the vista at that price.

IPB Image

Terminator

Thanks for the diagram... Caldera spas filter through filter with no by pass as well.... Thanks for all the help I am now a proud owner of a new Caldera Spa The Moorea... gets delivered on Friday.... My husband did not fit into the vista being so tall his shoulders hit the pillow on the lounge in the vista ... I got a great deal on my spa plus the owner of the hot springs store was great....and Caldera is made by Watkins as well right below or I say equal with the hot springs line.. Thanks for the information.... :D

Thanks for the diagram... Caldera spas filter through filter with no by pass as well.... Thanks for all the help I am now a proud owner of a new Caldera Spa The Moorea... gets delivered on Friday.... My husband did not fit into the vista being so tall his shoulders hit the pillow on the lounge in the vista ... I got a great deal on my spa plus the owner of the hot springs store was great....and Caldera is made by Watkins as well right below or I say equal with the hot springs line.. Thanks for the information.... :D

Congratulations on becoming a new spa owner. May you have many years or spatopia. But I must say that HotSpring is the ONLY spa that has a no-bypass filtration system.

Yep, another dealer fib. Caldera makes a fine spa though. Enjoy.

Hopefully those in the know with HotSprings or Coleman can enlighten me about something I read while doing some spa research.

Just wondering about a Coleman spas statement on their site:

"The skimmer basket traps larger materials such as leaves and debris - and the basket is then easily removed for quick cleaning. 100% filtration means every drop of water is filtered before reaching the Powerworks™ 56 frame pump as our high volume filter cycle cleans your spa water 4 to 6 times per hour"

This might lead some to think that their spa has 100% no bypass filtration. If this is not true it sure is misleading. What gives here?

Hopefully those in the know with HotSprings or Coleman can enlighten me about something I read while doing some spa research.

Just wondering about a Coleman spas statement on their site:

"The skimmer basket traps larger materials such as leaves and debris - and the basket is then easily removed for quick cleaning. 100% filtration means every drop of water is filtered before reaching the Powerworks™ 56 frame pump as our high volume filter cycle cleans your spa water 4 to 6 times per hour"

This might lead some to think that their spa has 100% no bypass filtration. If this is not true it sure is misleading. What gives here?

Maybe Brulan would like to tackle this one, although coleman is not the only manufacturer that claims it has 100% filtration.

Maybe Brulan would like to tackle this one, although coleman is not the only manufacturer that claims it has 100% filtration.

I'm not sure about Coleman but I think sometimes companies with circ pumps take the fact that the circ pump line has no bypass and word it in a manner to make it sound like the entire sytem is that way, jet pumps and all. That way there is no flat out lie, just a little wordsmithing to create a sales story and bit of confusion.

Let's see if Brulan can shed some light.

Congratulations on becoming a new spa owner. May you have many years or spatopia. But I must say that HotSpring is the ONLY spa that has a no-bypass filtration system.

Caldera is a watkins product as filteration was told is no bypass as well.... only one that does not filter all the way in watkins line is tiger rivers which is a lower model line

Caldera is a watkins product as filteration was told is no bypass as well.... only one that does not filter all the way in watkins line is tiger rivers which is a lower model line .. I am sure it will be fine in if incorrect. For 85.00 a filter on hotsprings times 5 I would by a filter a month and still save time and money I think it all comes down to how clean you are and how you treat your spa and take care of it... right

;)

Caldera is a watkins product as filteration was told is no bypass as well.... only one that does not filter all the way in watkins line is tiger rivers which is a lower model line

That actually isn't true; Caldera filters just like the Tiger River (and Sundance and LA spas and D1 and ....) but it isn't a no bypass system. However, that doesn't take away from the product as it's a good spa and no bypass is only one way to go, not the only way. I'm not sure why you were told that; either the salesperson doesn't understand that or he/she is telling you what you want to hear (or some combination of both).

Congrats and enjoy.

Sounds to me like the sales person was either un-informed, or misleading in his sales pitch. Either way, not a warm and fuzzy IMO because what other facts might he have 'fudged' along the way. I hear the Caldera is a good spa so I'm sure it will do you good service, but I'd go throw some dirt clods at your saleman for being a dork.