Why Not Clearwater? After Testing I Love It.

Aurora4dth

Hello, I am new to this forum. I am going to be buying a spa in the next few days. I have tested many and After testing the Clearwater cabo signature series i am pretty set on it. Does anyone here Own this Spa? I know they are fairly expensive but i plan on using it for a long time if it holds up. I know relatively nothing on the company and they seem hard to research which scares me a little bit. It will be indoors so i am not to worried about heating costs in the winter. This spa i know has an obscene amount of jets but they seemed to hit in all the right spots. Any feedback on this or the Rio is appreciated.

Ok I am going to buy this tub in the next week. If someone knows anything bad about them please let me know.

Go for it! They are solidly built tubs for less money then the National big boy brands!

I'm not sure what that means? I thought they were a national brand?

Anyway, if you feel they are right for you then go for it. Let us know how much it affects your electric bill after you get it through a winter (assuming you're in a somewhat cold climate) since we don't have many Clearwater owners who've been on this site.

Here is my take on a Clear water Spa.

You can pretty up a turd with colored lights and shiny jets but it is still turd. You can spray a turd with enough perfume that it might smell good for a while but the stink will soon comeback.

Clear Water makes a pretty spa but they use low quality parts, poor workmanship, inferior shell reinforcement.

Ask them if they use Viton on the seal, geloy in jets, Incoloy 825 heaters, fiberglass backed shells, 316 grade stainless steel on the jet escutheons... Well if you ask they may say sure we do, so make them prove it.

I doubt most of them will even know what some of those things are.

They the things we cannot see but we appreciate them down to road in added longevity to the parts in the spa, which equates to you spending less money on repair cost or at least putting it off a few more years.

If the spa fits you and your happy than go for it. I would only add this and that is the reason why a handful of brands get mentioned again and again here is that over the long haul they have proven themselves, thats not to say another good line or lines are not out there, it is just as retailers and service techs we know who has proven themselves and the reputation good or bad that they have earned and make no mistake the reputations earned does swing both ways. But again as retailers we would all love to find that perfect product to offer our customers it is just that it does not seem to exist. So we instead try and offer what we feel is the next best thing.....

Ok i got the spa today, it will be delivered very soon. I will let you know how much the winter costs for heating are. I feel good about the purchase, and after sitting in about 5 other brands i still feel the clearwater felt leaps and bounds better than any other brand I sat in. Some of the other brands we tested were marquis, LA Spas, Nordic, sarotoga. The place we went to was huge. Only time will tell now if it holds up. I tried to overlook the lights / bells and whistles and just focus on Feel. I have no clue on the inside contruction etc but If i can get 10 years or more I will feel its worth it.

Ok i got the spa today, it will be delivered very soon. I will let you know how much the winter costs for heating are. I feel good about the purchase, and after sitting in about 5 other brands i still feel the clearwater felt leaps and bounds better than any other brand I sat in. Some of the other brands we tested were marquis, LA Spas, Nordic, sarotoga. The place we went to was huge. Only time will tell now if it holds up. I tried to overlook the lights / bells and whistles and just focus on Feel. I have no clue on the inside contruction etc but If i can get 10 years or more I will feel its worth it.

When you say sat in, were the spas wet or dry, Just wondered

Also, Is there any techs here in the Washington DC area? I am going to need my electric ran, first off I dont really know how, second I am way to busy. I have the diagram and it looks easy but I just dont want to take any chances. I will need a 60 amp breaker. That is what the dealer said. What should this cost me? The tub is going about 20 feet from my box all in the house.

• 1 month later...
Hello, I am new to this forum. I am going to be buying a spa in the next few days. I have tested many and After testing the Clearwater cabo signature series i am pretty set on it. Does anyone here Own this Spa? I know they are fairly expensive but i plan on using it for a long time if it holds up. I know relatively nothing on the company and they seem hard to research which scares me a little bit. It will be indoors so i am not to worried about heating costs in the winter. This spa i know has an obscene amount of jets but they seemed to hit in all the right spots. Any feedback on this or the Rio is appreciated.

I have a clearwater spa. The only problem I have had is with the jets. They deteriorated and had to be replaced.

Thanx for the info.

Unfortunately I have yet to hook my spa up. I think it will be early next week. We are re doing the entire basement and have to lay the tile before putting the spa in place. . I will be so happy when I can get it, The Spa has just been sitting for a month.

How long did the jets take to deteriorate?