Artesian Vs. Sundance

Artesian vs. Sundance  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather buy?

• Artesian Piper Glen
    • Sundance Optima
    • Sundance Chelsee

Through my recent spa testing and research, I have narrowed my buying choices down to Artesian, Sundance, and Caldera. I like the Artesian Piper Glen but I haven't gotten a price check on it yet. What would be an appropriate price for it? My area seems to be higher in price than most others for hot tubs/spas. For instance, our sundance chelsee and optima were quoted as $8000 and $10000 respectively without any stereo or upgrades. This seems much higher than any quoted price online. Advice?

Through my recent spa testing and research, I have narrowed my buying choices down to Artesian, Sundance, and Caldera. I like the Artesian Piper Glen but I haven't gotten a price check on it yet. What would be an appropriate price for it? My area seems to be higher in price than most others for hot tubs/spas. For instance, our sundance chelsee and optima were quoted as $8000 and $10000 respectively without any stereo or upgrades. This seems much higher than any quoted price online. Advice?

Apples to apples, the Piper Glen and the Optima are at the same level. The Chelsea is a step below. The Optima sells for about $10000 in my area. Spas sell for different prices in different areas so you need to compare prices in your locality rather than what someone purchased for in another part of the country. The Sundance and Caldera spas will be similar. The Piper Glen is a little different design so be sure it is what you want. It is a very nice spa, but I don't know if I'ld want to deal with all the pumps.

$10,000 for the Optima and $8,000 for the Chelsee are about the same prices in my area. I've wet tested both of these two spas and they're both great spas. They're jets are very powerful, and if you sit in the therapy seat in the Optima and put the jets and air at maximun it will literally push you out into the middle of the spa. I actually like the lighting and the water feature on the Chelsee more than the Optima. The Chelsee is definitely smaller than the Optima, but they both will fit 6-7. The Optima also has better foot jets.

Hope it helps,

Kevin

Well one thing you have to look at the piper glen has vatible speed pumps with switchless motors. They are direct flow which means the pump it located at the seat that you are setting in. You do not have to suffer any power loss to that seat if someone else is sharing the pump. You have your own pump at you can set the speed on. keep in mind you have 5 pumps in that spa not two. you will use only the pump that is operating that seat. not one pump that operates 2 or 3 seats. Yes I am sold on the Artesians.

To me the direct flow is only thing artesian has going for them. I still have always wondered if cutting power to the pump to increase and decrease flow of water has any barring of life of pump, maybe someone can answer that for me. Also I cant see that spa being very efficent to run.

I know very little about artesian and have sold it once in my life and didnt like the tub at all. So I can say sundance is a great tub, for the price difference I probably would get the chelsee, but I would also say try the Cameo because thats sundance's best tub

To me the direct flow is only thing artesian has going for them. I still have always wondered if cutting power to the pump to increase and decrease flow of water has any barring of life of pump, maybe someone can answer that for me. Also I cant see that spa being very efficent to run.

I know very little about artesian and have sold it once in my life and didnt like the tub at all. So I can say sundance is a great tub, for the price difference I probably would get the chelsee, but I would also say try the Cameo because thats sundance's best tub

you forget the switchless motors.... I owned a cameo and it is a good tub. If sundance is the best tub why did they sell to jaccuzzi? as far as cutting power to the pump that is not how it works...do your homework and then comment on something after you know something.

I owned a cameo and it is a good tub. If sundance is the best tub why did they sell to jaccuzzi?

Sundance sold to Jacuzzi because Jacuzzi needed a company to bring their spa division to a higher level and it was a good fit for both companies, especially where Sundance had their new plant in Chino, CA. The deal was that Sundance would take over the manufacturing of spas for Jacuzzi with Sundance being able to introduce new engineering and bells and whistles first. In 2002 Jacuzzi moved their spa operations to the SD plant and Jacuzzi Premium was formed with spas being designed and manufactured in the SD way, abandoning the Jacuzzi Whirlpool spa design. From that point on, Jacuzzi and Sundance are similar under the skirt.

I owned a cameo and it is a good tub. If sundance is the best tub why did they sell to jaccuzzi?

Sundance sold to Jacuzzi because Jacuzzi needed a company to bring their spa division to a higher level and it was a good fit for both companies, especially where Sundance had their new plant in Chino, CA. The deal was that Sundance would take over the manufacturing of spas for Jacuzzi with Sundance being able to introduce new engineering and bells and whistles first. In 2002 Jacuzzi moved their spa operations to the SD plant and Jacuzzi Premium was formed with spas being designed and manufactured in the SD way, abandoning the Jacuzzi Whirlpool spa design. From that point on, Jacuzzi and Sundance are similar under the skirt.

Do you like your Cameoo? Have you had any trouble with it? How much did you pay out the door?

Thanks!

Do you like your Cameoo? Have you had any trouble with it? How much did you pay out the door?

As mentioned above the Optima sells for around $10k out the door (tax included; at least thats what I paid for mine). The Cameo is essentially the same tub as the Optima except it has a lounger. I don't think its quite as popular of a seller as the Optima so you might be able to get it for a few hundred less, say $9600 OTD...

Not sure this poll will tell you much. Sundance is a more popular brand than Artesian....that doesn't necessarily mean that it's better. On the other website while I was shopping for tubs, the consensus there was that Artesian was grouped in with the top brands as far as quality goes but just not as popular whether it be not as many dealers, etc, who knows??

I just got a price quote on the Pelican Bay -- I thought I'd pass along what they're selling for "on sale" in my area. Price w/ stereo right now is $12,995. It's higher than we wanted to pay and I won't try to haggle with them until we're in person so I don't know if they'll make a better offer. They have one on the floor so we will probably go test it for comparison sakes.

I'm not sure if you've already ruled it out because of the high cost. I know we're trying to get as big a tub as we can with the most features for under $10K.