Platinum Hot Tub Service Issues

99DEGREES

Hey there,

We've had this tub for 2.5 months now and it is so bloody kewl...absolutely a rockin hot tub.

So far to date it arrived with no cover lock keys and after 10 days on the 1-800 number with NO luck we went through the website to get a service agent to send keys. New locks arrived incomplete with no keys. They sent out more apparently but they're not here yet so whatever....basically a pain in the ass. :angry:

I have fixed the waterfall diverter valve myself since it would rocket to the moon when you least expected it...I used Loctite 495 on that lil motha'. -_-

OK so not a huge deal, but... the remote unit for the stereo has totally malfunctioned and seems to be full of water...so I imagine we will attempt to order another one and see how that goes, in the meantime I opened the panel and disconnected it so the volume will stop shooting up to MACH 25 everytime you fire it on. :blink:

Other than that, this is one kewl hot tub..worth every penny.

*Keep On Rockin' at 99 Degrees* B)

Hey there,

We've had this tub for 2.5 months now and it is so bloody kewl...absolutely a rockin hot tub.

So far to date it arrived with no cover lock keys and after 10 days on the 1-800 number with NO luck we went through the website to get a service agent to send keys. New locks arrived incomplete with no keys. They sent out more apparently but they're not here yet so whatever....basically a pain in the ass. :angry:

I have fixed the waterfall diverter valve myself since it would rocket to the moon when you least expected it...I used Loctite 495 on that lil motha'. -_-

OK so not a huge deal, but... the remote unit for the stereo has totally malfunctioned and seems to be full of water...so I imagine we will attempt to order another one and see how that goes, in the meantime I opened the panel and disconnected it so the volume will stop shooting up to MACH 25 everytime you fire it on. :blink:

Other than that, this is one kewl hot tub..worth every penny.

Take the tub back to Costco and get your money back and then go get a GOOD tub . Good tubs never have any problems like that.

One more thing...the stereo on the legend is the same as Pacific. So the same thing could happen.

I agree Sask...

As for the warranty, we will request a new remote and install it and wait for the keys...and yes all tubs have problems as many of my friends have tubs...yes Beachcomber comes out to your house and fixes it for you....but I hardly think that is worth the extra $7000 <_<

The remote is as easy as removing the panel and two wingnuts.

Basicly the biggest downfall is the response from the service agents.

*keep on rockin at 99 degrees* B)

One more thing...the stereo on the legend is the same as Pacific. So the same thing could happen.

I agree Sask...

As for the warranty, we will request a new remote and install it and wait for the keys...and yes all tubs have problems as many of my friends have tubs...yes Beachcomber comes out to your house and fixes it for you....but I hardly think that is worth the extra $7000 <_<

The remote is as easy as removing the panel and two wingnuts.

Basicly the biggest downfall is the response from the service agents.

*keep on rockin at 99 degrees* B)

7000 dollars more for a beach. The most expensive Beachcomber at the store in Duluth is 9000 but most go for between 5-8 g's I think your Beachcomber dealer in your area is crooked!

I think he sees it the same way as alot of consumers do. You get more options from the costco tubs for less money. If I had to pay for every option that I had in my hydrospa from a dealer I would be in the 13000 dollar range. As it turns out my hydrospa was a lemon. I know two other that have them and have no problems. I guess I see both sides of this debate and wish the manufactures would offer up a few more goodies. If there are any manufacturers on here I willing to come work for you for 750 000 a year and tell you what your customers want. As I see the guy you are paying now is letting your companies fall behind in some aspects. You win at service but alot of customers are not afraid to save money and do some repairs on their own. I suspect when my dealer warranty runs out I will make some repairs myself rather then spend 60 bucks an hour for tech.

I think he sees it the same way as alot of consumers do. You get more options from the costco tubs for less money. If I had to pay for every option that I had in my hydrospa from a dealer I would be in the 13000 dollar range. As it turns out my hydrospa was a lemon. I know two other that have them and have no problems. I guess I see both sides of this debate and wish the manufactures would offer up a few more goodies. If there are any manufacturers on here I willing to come work for you for 750 000 a year and tell you what your customers want. As I see the guy you are paying now is letting your companies fall behind in some aspects. You win at service but alot of customers are not afraid to save money and do some repairs on their own. I suspect when my dealer warranty runs out I will make some repairs myself rather then spend 60 bucks an hour for tech.

And I suspect you will be doing alot more repairs alot sooner out of warranty. And you will be buying a second tub and maybe even a third when your buddys 10 thousand dollar Beach is still going strong. Kinda an unknown for quite a few more years.

And I suspect you will be doing alot more repairs alot sooner out of warranty. And you will be buying a second tub and maybe even a third when your buddys 10 thousand dollar Beach is still going strong. Kinda an unknown for quite a few more years.

And I suspect the Easter bunny is really a chicken!! :)

I was one of the people who did return a hydrospa legend. I also know that prior to the hydrospas this year my local costco has never had a tub returned. I bought a dealer tub with the help of good advice from people like pathfinder and a few others. I liked my hydrospa. Things didn't work out for me but i'll tell you I am one loyal Costco Customer now. They made a bad situation work out ok. My new tub is a little slow getting here but I can wait. The key here is I had the money to pay more. If someone buys a tub from costco I wish them the best. I suspect some areas have top notch free lance repair guys. Its time for dealers to drop the used car sales tactics. They only confuse the customers and make them sceptical of the whole industry. I went to the dealers first before I bought my legend. I was put off by sales pitches. The best guy I met was a repair guy who helped me when all the salesmen were with other customers. Enjoy your tub you don't have to get run down decause you have a tub from costco. I wear costco jeans, cook on costco pots, run my dishwasher on costco soap and my kitty even poops in costco litter.

As I sit here drinking my "Mikes Hard Lemonade" I have to laugh....first of all my buddy's Beachcomber has had a few issues of its own and its so very lame. Its blue and it has hot water in it.....um thats about it. This morning I was havin' coffee....listening to tunes and deciding what light sequence to use for my BBQ this weekend.....mmmhmmm...

Now that I have had the hood off this pup....there is nothing really scary in there....except for a big Octopus....and who doesn't like Octopus ?? Hmmm???

Anyways... the one seat has an ultimate back massage that rocks...the tunes rock and the light show is awesome....it's a classic. Even the best car I've had demaded my attention...so if I have to get under the hood once in awhile ...so be it!

***KEEP ON ROCKIN AT 99 DEGREES***