Need Large Entertainment Spa: Recommendations?

WooBah

Sounds like a jolly good time will be had by all, would you like some assistance.

Guzz, I'd love to have you come down and drink beer wi......ummm.....work with us. Truth is, I'm not going to be working over in Tyler as I'll be busy here at my own store. We have some very capable people that WILL be working at the tent sale, so it should be money well spent.

I'm sure we won't be able to get every customer to buy a HotSpring Spa at the competing sales, but we'll still be there 2 or 3 years from now when they're needing to buy a new one.

Terminator

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guzz, I'd love to have you come down and drink beer wi......ummm.....work with us. Truth is, I'm not going to be working over in Tyler as I'll be busy here at my own store. We have some very capable people that WILL be working at the tent sale, so it should be money well spent.

I'm sure we won't be able to get every customer to buy a HotSpring Spa at the competing sales, but we'll still be there 2 or 3 years from now when they're needing to buy a new one.

Terminator

really, they last that long?

It seems that everyone has it all figured out. Might as well put everyone associated w/ Master Spas #2 on the list right under UBL ( or OBL, never could understand where the U came from.) Give everyone a brake...maybe Master just sells more than you do and the only way you can compete is to BASH everyone even associated with them. Great idea, I am sure you won't alienate any customers that way. People don't want to hear about the spa or anything, they just want to hear your RANTS about bull@%*&.

RANTS? Hardly. Reality sucks for Master right now, because of the history THEY'VE created for themselves. I'm just pointing that out for consumers to see in this forum. My salespeople don't bash anyone in our showrooms, but they do know how to help customers to perceive reality. Nothing wrong with that.

Talk about deceiving advertising tactics, how about the HotSpring "Energy Guarantee." I'm sure Masco is doiling out power meters by the thousands to make sure all their customers aren't paying more than an "average" of $20-$30 a month, that way everyone can keep a meter for the 12 months in a year. By the way, isn't energy more expensive this year...How does HotSprings do it!!

I don't sell HotSpring, but I'm sure glad my competitors do. Funny, the Masterbaiters in my neck of the woods (for years now) have been claiming $20-30 a month as well...How does Master do it!! On the other hand, telling people they'll get all their money back in 3 years, or telling them "reps from 10 different manufacturers will be present" - is a slightly different league of lying than under-estimating energy costs. After all, when's the last time you purchased a vehicle and managed to achieve the claimed MPG rating on the sticker? I know I never have, nor have I known anyone else who has. Attempt to minimize it all you want, but when it comes to lying and deception, Master is in a league all it's own - regardless of who's pushing the buttons; corporate, show teams, or the dealers.

Why don't you take some initiative and get with a Master Dealer, that way you could do a "spa show." Or maybe you don't want to put up the CA$H to compete head-to-head.

I would never associate myself with such a known liar. That would be the kiss of death. I rather enjoy competing head-to-head with Master, as we actually do so a few times a year at some legitimate fairs/shows. My salespeople are thrilled when a customer tells them they've spoken to Master. Those are the "lay-downs" for us. Posting in here has nothing to do with any local problems with Master, I just enjoy informing others about what might not be as obvious to them as it is to me. Heck, maybe a few savvy dealers will print off this thread and hand it out for customers to read in areas where they are struggling against Master. I already know my local Masterbaiter is on the ropes. He can't even use his own name to advertise anymore, and protesters have even come to his "events". I'd just like to see a few more of them (that are guilty of the same deceptiveness) end up with the same fate. After all, isn't everyone supposed to reap what they sew?

The sooner everyone in this industry realizes that the real competition is RVs, motorcycles, plasma TVs, boats, vacations, snowmobiles, etc. the sooner our industry can grow. It doesn't do anyone any good to denagrade your profession by BASHING your peers. If I was a customer reading this forum, I'd be scared as hell to do business with ANYONE in the industry after reading this.

Oh, I FULLY realized this fact almost 2 decades ago. Which is preciesly why companies like Master, which consistently EMBARRASS our industry need to reform themselves or go sell something else. Master doesn't just steal sales away from other dealers/manufacturers, they often turn people off of spas completely - especially people who WOULD HAVE bought a second, third, and fourth spas, in their lifetime, if Master hadn't poisoned them from the start. I think it's great to aggessively go after new business in creative ways, but when you go about it without ANY ethics, any successes will be short-term at best.

I'm not bashing a peer. I'm revealing history and tendencies about known cheater. Any denegration here clearly began with Master. History has shown that they will continue to denegrate this industry unless outside forces get them to stop.

Customers reading this forum - at least MY words - need only to be scared as hell to do business with MASTER. The sooner that all customers realize that there are MANY other brands of spas, that are sold by ethical manufacturers in a legitmate fashion, the better off this industry will be as a whole.

I truly suggest you do as many other Master dealers are doing, and get off the ship now. It's obviously sinking. It's an average spa (for the money) at best, anyhow, and the name is only going to become more and more of a hinderance as time goes on.

Oh, I FULLY realized this fact almost 2 decades ago. Which is preciesly why companies like Master, which consistently EMBARRASS our industry need to reform themselves or go sell something else. Master doesn't just steal sales away from other dealers/manufacturers, they often turn people off of spas completely - especially people who WOULD HAVE bought a second, third, and fourth spas, in their lifetime, if Master hadn't poisoned them from the start. I think it's great to aggessively go after new business in creative ways, but when you go about it without ANY ethics, any successes will be short-term at best.

I'm not bashing a peer. I'm revealing history and tendencies about known cheater. Any denegration here clearly began with Master. History has shown that they will continue to denegrate this industry unless outside forces get them to stop.

Customers reading this forum - at least MY words - need only to be scared as hell to do business with MASTER. The sooner that all customers realize that there are MANY other brands of spas, that are sold by ethical manufacturers in a legitmate fashion, the better off this industry will be as a whole.

I truly suggest you do as many other Master dealers are doing, and get off the ship now. It's obviously sinking. It's an average spa (for the money) at best, anyhow, and the name is only going to become more and more of a hinderance as time goes on.

I 'm guessing your'e not a Master Fan, just a hunch.

Terminator

Get your story straight, Terminator. Are you trying to say that a Master is only going to last 2-3 years? Sounds like you are trying to use fear to prevent people from buying a Master. Don't you remember posting the following in "Hot Springs...Words of Wisdom?"

My only beef with him is that he uses fear as a tool against the easily influenced, which I find unethical. The rants against various companies (one in particular that he is obsessed with) is negative selling, pure and simple. And it's not just him.

Sell your product to the best of your abilities, use all the tools and skills you have, but do it in a positive manner. Otherwise, you come across as nothing more than a shyster, a fraud, and a phoney. But hey, all's fair in love and hot tub sales. Take the high road and you'll always lead the way. Spread false information about your competitors and you'll always be sucking hind tit.

Terminator

Terminator

Get your story straight, Terminator. Are you trying to say that a Master is only going to last 2-3 years? Sounds like you are trying to use fear to prevent people from buying a Master. Don't you remember posting the following in "Hot Springs...Words of Wisdom?"

My only beef with him is that he uses fear as a tool against the easily influenced, which I find unethical. The rants against various companies (one in particular that he is obsessed with) is negative selling, pure and simple. And it's not just him.

Sell your product to the best of your abilities, use all the tools and skills you have, but do it in a positive manner. Otherwise, you come across as nothing more than a shyster, a fraud, and a phoney. But hey, all's fair in love and hot tub sales. Take the high road and you'll always lead the way. Spread false information about your competitors and you'll always be sucking hind tit.

Terminator

Kreg,

Relax...I think that 2 to 3 year remark was Term's attempt at humor.

Calm down little fella, I'm referring to service availability when the inevitable problems arise. I'm not talking about Master Spa per se, rather the "fly-by-night" outfits in general.

We see it year after year around here. Folks come in promising the moon (either a new local dealer or travelling spa peddlers) and within 2 or 3 years, the folks making all the promises are looooonnnnggg gone to fresher pastures leaving their "customers" very perturbed at having a broken down spa and no one to work on it. We haul about 30-40 spas/year off for our customers and many of those are no more than 3 years old.

We'll just see how it all plays out. We've been here 21 years and, barring thermonuclear war, will be here 3 years from now. I'll be sure to report back. Feel free to do the same.

:)

Terminator

Calm down little fella, I'm referring to service availability when the inevitable problems arise. I'm not talking about Master Spa per se, rather the "fly-by-night" outfits in general.

We see it year after year around here. Folks come in promising the moon (either a new local dealer or travelling spa peddlers) and within 2 or 3 years, the folks making all the promises are looooonnnnggg gone to fresher pastures leaving their "customers" very perturbed at having a broken down spa and no one to work on it. We haul about 30-40 spas/year off for our customers and many of those are no more than 3 years old.

We'll just see how it all plays out. We've been here 21 years and, barring thermonuclear war, will be here 3 years from now. I'll be sure to report back. Feel free to do the same.

:)

Terminator

There might not be a thermonuclear war but those fires seem to be doing a number on you guys. :D