Opinions On The Cal Spa Avalon A857b

This is 1 of 4 pages of a warranty summation of Calspa I had done for the owner of the company I managed last year just to give a small insight of what Cal dealer goes through in a year & my four page summation is small compared to other dealers in Canada last year. Customer names and part of the serial # has been removed

Calspa Issues

#06-056

CP 43 Cracked at hand mould & LED Waterline not working properly took 2 months for them to accept it was a crack and pick it up took 2 more months to get replacement

Then replacement in July was damaged and had a shotty repair done to it

#06-056

CV 22 Equipment shroud was missing they originally said ok they ll warranty it but it had to wait till the shipment went on a truck. After we were billed for it bc they said that tub doesn’t have a shroud for the design of the tub. (Was told this by domenic who is no longer there)

#06-056

Infiniti 602 As soon as tub arrived noticed blistering and bubbling on acrylic. While there was argument about RGA for 6 months Video was sent to Jim and Mike Reese

I had them open up a yahoo account so they could receive the video and pics of the tub.

While we waited in December the tub started to spider and finally got RGA status.

We did not want a replacement tub or authorized to be sent a new tub but a new one showed up 2 days ago.(Havent been credited $500 yet

Serial # 06S-0722

CP 43 Unwrapped tub at customer home and there was gouges in the tubs top rail no damage to Calspa shrink wrap was repaired

Serial # 06S-0723

CP 43 Replacement for original RGA in 1st order Tub Top rail was damaged damage inside tub around LED Waterline light was poorly fixed and sprayed with some grey type paint LED Waterline lighting began to fail had to change junction controller(Credited)

#06-0560

Avalon 844B Second day circ pump made loud grinding noise had to change out(not paid)

#06-0562

Avalon 844BTub would not stop heating determined faulty relay changed board(not paid)

#06-0562

Avalon 857BTub would not stop heating again Faulty relay changed board (not paid)

#06-0562

Avalon 844B Tub would not stop heating faulty relay changed board(not paid)

#06-0561

Avalon 844B RGA Water permeating through fiberglass new tub was sent received in December(credited $500)

#06-1000

Avalon 726B RGA Acrylic spider cracked while in showroom replacement was done in 2 weeks

New tub showed up with a 2 inch gouge in the top rail no damaged to packing

Waiting to have fixed (we want a discount for the tub is red and it will be noticeable)(Credited $500 so far as per agreement)

#06-100 C36 Santa Barbara

wet end was not secured properly water was leaking out reinstalled wet end(paid)

#06-0563

C 44 Santa Barbara Tub losing water and pooling on left side of tub removed foam diverter was leaking siliconed after talking to Glen in tech he said it had been a problem recently and the day I called they were beginning to silicone that area on all new tubs.(not paid)

#06-0560

C43 Pacific At start up circ pump making loud noise then seized had to replace and re wire for new pump had wrong plug attached to it(paid)

#06-0562

A857B Circuit board caught fire blew the whole pack had to wait till after Xmas for No one had an aux board when I was told Cal had one then received nothing then was told it was on back order so we had to buy a brand new spa pack from SIMA (In process sent out last week)

Pathfinder, all this is fine , but tell me as a dealer what tubs dont have problems?I mean I have hundreds of Avalon owners and just cal owners period that have had a cal spa for years and no complaints ,So for people to say cal is a lemon is far from being true,sure ther e are problems with production at times, but cars , boats,dishwashers,ect all have errors, as long as the problem gets fixed there should be a positive outcome.Yes Graham crackers is correct, OPened in 97, but before that we were pool care,and 30 years dealer didnt start w cal spas.............Yes im the largest dealer in the united states. 50 plus tubs in stock year round.(IN STOCK)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All this waiting on parts is crazy ,we have a very large service dept and we service every brand on the market so I know all tubs need work.....we try to be fully stocked on boards pumps and god knows what else.I have a seperate building just for service so as for lack of taking care of the customer thats not a issue here,Now for us to get warranty paid back yes its a hassle but the customer should never have to worry about that part.Cal makes a great tub and if something goes wrong the dealer fixes it not cal...Thats what make a good dealer stay alive ..Customer satisfaction. not dealer satisfaction,AS acustomer who cares if the dealer is having problems as long as IM happy....(customer)

It dont disagree about tubs not having problems, but when failure rate is that high on a particular tub brand in 1 year thanks but no thanks. Sold Beachcomber at the same time,Sold Hydropool & Bullfrog at company before that and sell Pacific for my own company.

All of the above mentioned tubs we never had 1/10 of the problems I had with Cal. This year so far I warrantied 2 pump seals and a heater and thats been over 6 months.

You may think its fine for something to breakdown as long as you fix it fast for the customer but personally Id rather spend my time selling product then wasting man hours fixing warranty issues and spending hours on the phone getting paid for warranty all of the time.

You have your opinion of Cal and I have my opinion.

I do struggle with cal and thats why we are now a jacuzzi dealer as of two weeks ago, We have 24 tubs that will be here tomorrow, hope fully jacuzzi does well for us ,I Just want to say thanks for the info...

Jet count means nothing key jet placement says therapy, 3 pumps and good warranty, plus great service,is nice.cal is known for positive pressure they run flex hose to each individual jet for uniformal pressure,also cal has a safety suction feture that saves lives and saves pumps and motors....not all cal spas are the 100% no break down spas like evreryone else seems to have ,but bottom line is wet test and pick someone w a service deptment, all spas need some work,I PROMISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How come better than 90% of the Haven Spas never have any warranty issues?

Answer; Quality control, testing the spas, and using correct engineering.

Knock em out deep and sell em cheap is not the way to have happy customers, neither is delivering a spa that you know needs work.

Im not going to want what you have. Ill stick with the brand I sell up here in little Ole Canada. I ve heard you say you dont have a warranty dept because your tubs dont break down but when Ive seen on your forum people have issues you tell them to find someone in their area to fix it or wait till you come across to that part of the country again and you'll take a look. But of course you dont have a warranty dept if you sub everything out. You also sell Freeflow do you not. Or do you get those and modify them as well. Since you sell a full foamed tub with regular parts, that goes against everything you have been preaching.

Save it for the Judge, Jimbo. We have seen your warranty work close up. How about the Erik Selberg mess. Send the customer a defective, re-labled, diverter equipped, Phoenix tub, then screw with him for weeks on end until he finally tells you to pick it up and charges back his credit card.

I also remember the proud proclamations on your own "forum" to the effect that if someone demands what they are entitled to or feels so aggrieved as to dare to make a complaint to the BBB (of which you are supposedly a member), they get the absolute bare minimum of "warranty compliance" and nothing more. (and I can just imagine what that means in your brain)

Oh yes, we are well aware of the H*ven Warranty Program. Once again, I'll opt for the warranty from the godless corporation and take my chances!

Save it for the Judge, Jimbo. We have seen your warranty work close up. How about the Erik Selberg mess. Send the customer a defective, re-labled, diverter equipped, Phoenix tub, then screw with him for weeks on end until he finally tells you to pick it up and charges back his credit card.

I also remember the proud proclamations on your own "forum" to the effect that if someone demands what they are entitled to or feels so aggrieved as to dare to make a complaint to the BBB (of which you are supposedly a member), they get the absolute bare minimum of "warranty compliance" and nothing more. (and I can just imagine what that means in your brain)

Oh yes, we are well aware of the H*ven Warranty Program. Once again, I'll opt for the warranty from the godless corporation and take my chances!

Erik tried to steal the spa from us. We had service out the next day and found that this jerk had sabotaged the spa.

You can do a search and read about it. "The Erik Scam" on any search engine.

You are really a very dumb person.

Then there was the leaker I fix a couple of years ago, when I was removing the foam I found they put cardboard boxes to take up space so they did not have to use as much foam.

Is this a joke? New style of thermopane, I guess.

I found beer cans and trash in one of their spas that we dug out in the foam to find a leak.

If someone lies to the BBB in order to steal from us, they get what is on the contract. When you buy a Hot Spring spa that is all you get no matter what and if the spa is one day out of warranty try to get it fixed. Go ahead and try. I get complaints all the time from their owners with cracked out shells and just out of warranty. I just sold a cover to one, and the guy is leaving the spa wiht his house so he doesn't have to look at it any longer. If you want to talk with him, I would be glad to put you in contact with him. He really got screwed.

Most of the time we take care of issues where the customers have screwed up and it is not remotely a warranty.

You are really a stupid man if you can't understand that. If you are going to continue to post lies then you are going to get the truth in your face. *** head!

Jim, what was so bad that I stated that I will regret?? I totally stand behind what I picked because I beleive it is a better product. I did look at your site while doing research I pretty much read everything you wrote. Some of it looked good and some of it I just cant agree with. I dont listen to anyone on this forum or any other forum. Do you think we have a secret group and PM each other all the time??? You have a huge problem with people choosing something else besides your product. You know what thats life. Im sure you are knowlegdeable man about hot tubs but your approach and antagonistic attitude will turn more people away then turn them on to your product. Especially when you come on here and tell people they are dumb for the choice they bought.

Is the the remark from the other forum you re mentioning?

I love the references about the Zero's and they mean nothing until you put a 1 in front of them. It sounds like a money reference 0000 means O putting a 1 in front gives you 10000 Cha-Ching$$

Now he says he has also created the worlds greatest super duper Ozone system. I stick by exactly what I put bc that is my interpretation. Now if you created the greatest Ozone system ever, why are you the only one that knows about it. Put a patent on it share your system with anyone in the industry you think will help you in advancement It should be industry news especially if you are trying to better things. I am a very reasonable person but I will call anyone on anything when I feel it doesnt help anyone on these forums. If you actually look at my postings on here p&s.com or wtbht I rarely deal in the "mindless dribble" that goes on I post on issues I know I can offer some insight not shooting stuff out of my ass just for the sake of posting. I have nothing to gain on here. Personally I feel that your tub shells lack the design and comfort advancement you may as you put it"have the best inards" but if the outside & seating isnt appealing you got nothin these days. "Im sort of a celebrity to many people"

Seriously get over yourself.

This is just my reply to your accusations. If you still have the opinion then so be it.

This is also the short version of the PM I sent you.

IF Jim the Jim wants to bring up Erick Selberg, Folks should be remined that Eriks side of things (inlducing all the e-mails from Jim)

can be found here:

http://www.selberg.org/~speed/spa.htm

Erick did not swindle Jim. Jim is lying when he says that. Read for youself.

IF Jim the Jim wants to bring up Erick Selberg, Folks should be remined that Eriks side of things (inlducing all the e-mails from Jim)

can be found here:

true but what I found was

http://www.selberg.org/~speed/havenspas/index.html

:ph34r: srg

can be found here:

Erick Selberg is nothing more than a con artist and theif. We gave him all of his money back and he still ripped off the GFCI and chemicals from us.

If you really want to find out about him, do a search on google for "The Erik Scam" and read it.

He has also been stealing air time from the cell phone company, and sharing ways to do that.

He thinks he is special and deserves to steal from companies.

can be found here:

Erick Selberg is nothing more than a con artist and thief. We gave him all of his money back and he still ripped off the GFCI and chemicals from us.

If you really want to find out about him, do a search on google for "The Erik Scam" and read it.

He has also been stealing air time from the cell phone company, and sharing ways to do that.

While you are at it go and read about my brother over on http://ripoffreport.com/reports/0/232/ripoff0232533.htm

When you stand for good and the truth, just as it states in the Bible, people will despise you.

Wicked people always despise those of us who are trying to follow the truth.

Since most of the spa industry is under the influence of money and the end results of greed, you can understand why I am so maligned by these scum bags.

When you put the obvious truth in front of them, they will try to scar my reputation. They will never talk about spa design or engineering with me or the ANSI or child safety, but they will only try to smear my good name. They will never talk about the crap they sell, but only to try and degrade my good name.

That is what I am up against and yet, I am still here fighting for the truth in the snake pit of the spa industry.

What is wrong with the spa industry is a total lack of ethics and the deception used to sell hot tubs to people who have no idea what they are buying.

I am against most spa companies who are not building the spas to safety standards and to common engineering principles of reliably and strength. Instead they are making them as cheaply as possible, selling them for high profits, and the result is a lot of really upset people telling all their friends to not buy hot tubs, because of this crap falling apart all across the country.

Alright, Jim do you sell spas? - yes

Do you make money when you sell spas?- yes

Do you push your brand every chance you get?- yes

Do you have the highest markup in the industry?- yes

Did you change your last name?- yes

Are you trying to hide something?-yes

Are you what is wrong with this industry?-Yes

You constantly come on here pushing your BS, attacking other members for their choice. You are exactly what we dont need in this industry. So why dont you set up shop in Waco with the rest of your cult followers and have a sip of punch.

can be found here:

Erick Selberg is nothing more than a con artist and theif. We gave him all of his money back and he still ripped off the GFCI and chemicals from us.

While you are at it go and read about my brother over on http://ripoffreport.com/reports/0/232/ripoff0232533.htm

When you stand for good and the truth, just as it states in the Bible, people will dispise you.

Wicked people always dispise those of us who are trying to follow the truth.

Since most of the spa industry is under the enfluence of money and the end results of greed, you can understand why I am so maligned by these scum bags.

When you put the obvious truth in front of them, they will try to scar my reputation. They will never talk about the crap they sell, but only to try and degrade my good name.

That is what I am up against and yet, I am still here fighting for the truth in the snake pit of the spa industry.

Folks can go read Erics version, including the actual e-mails from jim. Make up your own mind.

http://www.selberg.org/~speed/spa.html

Jim, this is a great example of how you can't get your head out of yours ass! even when every one tells you to drop it, that you are looking like a monkey, you can't let it go. What is it that you are always spouting off about? Ego? :lol:

Your posts lately are very sproadic and manic lately. Is everything ok? You seem a bit upset and a bit "off"---more so than normal. If you need to talk, you can talk to me. Ok?

http://www.selberg.org/~speed/spa.html

I wanted to pass on my 2 cents on this issue. Yes all spas may have problems. I currently have the Avalon 826L. I have had this for awhile and I have had only one issue. One burnt out LED light... which I discovered tonight. Now I will be calling my dealer tomorrow to see how calspa/dealer customer service is. Now I agree that calspa may not be the "BEST" spa manufacture, but for spending 4500 less than some of the others was a great deal to me and my family. If you have the money to be spending 10,000+ on a hot tub... go for it. However, allot of people don't have that kind of money to be tossing around. I feel that calspa has changed there image over the years. Yes it was really bad a couple of years ago as stated on the link someone posted. However on that site most of those complaints were from 2005 and later. All I am saying is if you haven't owned a calspa or any other spa manufacture I wouldn't make comments on hear say or speculation until you have actually owned that paticular brand of spa. ;)