Pumps Will Not Prime

Silver1

My pumps will not prime. It says to open discharge side of the pump. I presume that means where the water will be coming out from to go into the tub.

Please help...

Usually the pump has a cap which you unscrew to let the air out. What's your pump model?

Also sometimes it helps putting a bucket of water into the pump (if the pump allows it).

My pumps will not prime. It says to open discharge side of the pump. I presume that means where the water will be coming out from to go into the tub.

Please help...

Usually the pump has a cap which you unscrew to let the air out. What's your pump model?

Also sometimes it helps putting a bucket of water into the pump (if the pump allows it).

That's not a bad idea either. The discharge end of the pump is facing upward so that could be an option. Problem is when I unscrew the connector, water comes pissing out.. So I am assuming that there is allready from H2O there?

Please help...

That's not a bad idea either. The discharge end of the pump is facing upward so that could be an option. Problem is when I unscrew the connector, water comes pissing out.. So I am assuming that there is allready from H2O there?

You only need to unscrew it until you get a little water flow and that'll do it as far as purging the air enough tog et the pump primed. No need to wait for a gusher.

Open the seal with the pum running.. I wasn't sure but the fella from HydroSpa (VERY HELPFULL) is telling me this is the way to go... Why am I thinking I am getting a bath from this tonight!!!

On a side note, should these connectors be hand tight or with a wrench?

In all of the "helpful" posts Nobody has mentioned cracking the union on the far side of the heater element where your airlock probably occurred. 90% of the time thats where it is. Or take a Garden hose and a rag put it in the filter area stuff the rag around the hole turn on the water full from the tap then crack each union a little until the water comes each part. Take the hose out start your tub if this doesnt work theres something wrong with the pump.

"Open the seal with the pump running" Is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard if thats the kind of tech support they offer All the best in the future. :unsure:

Open the seal with the pum running.. I wasn't sure but the fella from HydroSpa (VERY HELPFULL) is telling me this is the way to go... Why am I thinking I am getting a bath from this tonight!!!

On a side note, should these connectors be hand tight or with a wrench?

It does not matter if the pump is running or not (though it'll get the equip area wetter if its running) and it seems like you did that already but go ahead and purge them again. I'm wondering if you're drawing air back in every time after you purge. Is the drain plug completely back in place? Is your water level above your skimmer?

... this is going to sound some stupid... but what the heck:

"Drain plug back in place???"

I have the cap on it but ... that's it. Should I have done something else as well?

The water is covering everything except the two jets that are for the neck. I can add more water no problemo if that helps.

Again, thanks for the help guys, really appreciate the tips!

... got home 25 minutes ago all educated and ready to work, worst thunder storm of the year just started as I drove up to the house... just my luck. I am no genius but I am thinking 400 gallons of water with lighting bolts flying around is not the best time to try to stick my hands in the tub... but if it clears, will get cracking on it tonight!

... this is going to sound some stupid... but what the heck:

"Drain plug back in place???"

I have the cap on it but ... that's it. Should I have done something else as well?

The water is covering everything except the two jets that are for the neck. I can add more water no problemo if that helps.

Again, thanks for the help guys, really appreciate the tips!

Am i correct in understanding that the problem is now fixed?

Well tried all these tips out, still no go. I am getting a trickle from the waterfall (Prob. circ pump) and the blower is going fine. But jets 1 and 2 nothing. I hear them going, but still no water.

Tried to open up the discharge areas on both, put water down the filter holes with stuffed rag... checked the drain valve... any other ideas...

B

Well tried all these tips out, still no go. I am getting a trickle from the waterfall (Prob. circ pump) and the blower is going fine. But jets 1 and 2 nothing. I hear them going, but still no water.

Tried to open up the discharge areas on both, put water down the filter holes with stuffed rag... checked the drain valve... any other ideas...

B

Any chance they have gate valves on the pumps that are closed?

Gate valves being those slide valves on each end of the heater element, no such luck.

I am in the process of draining to refill again hoping that whatever is stuck get's drained out...

The waterfall I presume is going off of the circ pump which is why it is running?

Use a second garden hose and siphon water out of the tub and use the drain also. This well cut drain time in half.

Take out both filters and fill into the filter compartment. Open all jets and center the diverter valve.

With the filters in place the water tends to flow back into the tub instead of going into the filter ports. Replace filters before powering up the tub. The gate valves need to be in the up position to be open.

without being there I am staring to question either the wiring or the dip switch settings on the tub for I have never heard of both pumps being airlocked and not working.

This is where your dealer would be setting up your tub and wouldnt be leaving till it was running.

This is an example of the benifits of a dealer.