Marquis Envy

bendite

All 4 are square and YES i have seen them,even the little louger in the escape R. Oh i'm in connecticut btw. you can order full foam in the square tubs but not the round :angry: i still have to wrap my tub when it gets very cold because i keep the tub at 104 all the time in winter. i am going to look at the top of the square line since i can get the full foam in it. the new jets and colors look very nice.

Myself and my girlfriend love the company and there people so much its very hard to look at other tubs.we had are dealer go belly up and they where right there for us. its a shame that most dealers us them to sell there more expensive line. but we know all we need to do is email or call and they will not let us down.

Here it is

Escape premium R recliner

Escape premium

Escape R Recliner

Escape

Then the Rendezvous Royal the top of the line nordic :D

Call Rose an hour ago. She email me the web page that will be up by monday. Very friendly and helpful.

She definately earn my business. I will order one first thing tomorrow morning. Full foam Premium R maybe Ozonater. Leaning towards green or blue. Something different you know. What do you think?

I hope you can see the color before you buy it?? I think the sandstone with the chrome jets are nice. the chrome jets take on the color of the sandstone. i would also go with the ceder siding,there is some mantinance but worth it.

If you can please tell me how the new "led lights"are :D I have an ozinater and would get one again.

104 Degrees John :D

How do you like your nordic's Crown XL? Why did you decide on a round - and so called less comfortable - tub? How much did it cost you?

We bought the crown xl 5 years ago. we knew nothing about spas as most dont. we seen square 5500 dollar spas with no ozonator and no foot jets and no cool down seat. we seen the crown and liked that it had the ozone,two foot jets,step-cool down seat and belive it or not it came with the cover.some of the other more expensive tub dont come with a cover or ozone.

We tried are friends nordic sport and found it small and low. we found the crown to be Deep and big.

The seats are not layed back like the square tubs but thats not that bad in the crown xl, you can slide down a little and that does it. the deep seat is to die for on the -5 winter evenings. the walls sit about 5" higher then the water so the breeze goes over the top of you.

I do know a couple that bought a 10,000 dollar tub and do complain about the depth or lack of and how when you crouch down to get your shoulders under the water find it uncofterble.

I think we spent 4200 out the door.you will need to wet test and you should wet test any tub before you buy. if this type of tub interest you try one.

I would get another crown xl in a heart beat but they dont full foam the round tubs just the square ones. we are going to wet test the new square one's from nordic, if we find them shallow for are tast we will update to another crown xl.i will just find away to insulate it more.

When i find out how to post a pic i will. i always have the biggest smile when i'm in 104 degree water.

104 John

I forgot :wacko: If i was going to spend 10,000 bucks or more on a tub, i think it would be a Caldera. from the two years of doing theses forums and looking at everything, they got what i like.it will just cost me 12,000 :o

104 John

First post.

I recently purchased a Marquis Envy. This is a new production model 2007. I purchased the 120 volt model because wiring for 240 was going to cost $1800. My price was under $4300 with an Ozonator installed. This was a floor model sale price. Unfortunately, the floor model did not come with the Constant clean upgrade so I will be using the Frog system for now.

I will be getting the Hot tub delivered tomorrow and will post an update about it's performance after a week or so.

Any other "Envy" owners out there.

Bendite

Sorry Bendite, I'm a newbie looking for a tub and got carry away talking about N....c. I really like the Envy when I saw it but like I said, I got turn off when they quote me 5600 "special price" and here you are under 4300. I apologize. Congrat on your new tub.

Did we confirm that Nordic offers a Full foam option? IF so what is the upcharge?

I don't think this has gone to personal Chit chat as Benidite states. It is a dicussion forum afterall. :mellow: All the posts I've read seem to be fine.

Did we confirm that Nordic offers a Full foam option? IF so what is the upcharge?

I don't think this has gone to personal Chit chat as Benidite states. It is a dicussion forum afterall. :mellow: All the posts I've read seem to be fine.

Yes it is confirmed.

Call Rose an hour ago. She email me the web page that will be up by monday. Very friendly and helpful.

She definately earn my business. I will order one first thing tomorrow morning. Full foam Premium R maybe Ozonater. Leaning towards green or blue. Something different you know. What do you think?

Jadi

Did you order a tub?? What was the price???

John 104

• 1 month later...
First post.

I recently purchased a Marquis Envy. This is a new production model 2007. I purchased the 120 volt model because wiring for 240 was going to cost $1800. My price was under $4300 with an Ozonator installed. This was a floor model sale price. Unfortunately, the floor model did not come with the Constant clean upgrade so I will be using the Frog system for now.

I will be getting the Hot tub delivered tomorrow and will post an update about it's performance after a week or so.

Bendite

First post.

Bendite

I am contemplating buying a hot tub for my wife and myself. I have narrowed the choose to the Marquis Envy, Jacuzzi J210, Cal Spa VX 520R, Solana RX and Coast Spa Geneva. My biggest concerns are assuring comfort, getting good shoulder soaking and quick heat up time. From what I have read so far, neither of these units appears much different from each other. I wanted to ask you on your experience with the Marquis Envy regarding my concerns?

Mike T

Mike,

There is a very big difference more so in the company's that build and back your spa. A nice round tub will of course look very much alike but the fit and finish will be different as will the quality of cover and components that make up your spa. I would make sure all of the spas can be wired to 110 or 240 volts since you mention heating I think having the option is important to you. You spa will perform the same on either but the heater will go from a 1.0 or 1.5kw to a 4.0 kw or more depending on your wiring. Check the brands reputations and you will see who seems to stand behind their products long term and those who have earned their reputation for not doing so as well.

First post.

Bendite

I am contemplating buying a hot tub for my wife and myself. I have narrowed the choose to the Marquis Envy, Jacuzzi J210, Cal Spa VX 520R, Solana RX and Coast Spa Geneva. My biggest concerns are assuring comfort, getting good shoulder soaking and quick heat up time. From what I have read so far, neither of these units appears much different from each other. I wanted to ask you on your experience with the Marquis Envy regarding my concerns?

Mike T

Mike

I suggest going 220/240 for faster heating times. 110/120 maintains the temp all right but I can tell in the winter it will cool quickly while using it. My wife and I have found the Envy to be a perfect 2 person spa. This is not a lounging tub, but you can still stretch out if you want to. You just wont get back support. I have good shoulder coverage. I am 5' 11" 200 lbs. The water level rises over the water filter housing when you get in, as it is designed to do.

There are some upgrades for this model. I wouldn't upgrade to a 160GPM pump. The 120 GPM does just fine for me. I do wish I would have gotten the built in chemical cartridge upgrade feature but the frog is only a bit of a hassle.

Bendite

• 4 weeks later...
First post.

Bendite

Mike T

Mike

I suggest going 220/240 for faster heating times. 110/120 maintains the temp all right but I can tell in the winter it will cool quickly while using it. My wife and I have found the Envy to be a perfect 2 person spa. This is not a lounging tub, but you can still stretch out if you want to. You just wont get back support. I have good shoulder coverage. I am 5' 11" 200 lbs. The water level rises over the water filter housing when you get in, as it is designed to do.

There are some upgrades for this model. I wouldn't upgrade to a 160GPM pump. The 120 GPM does just fine for me. I do wish I would have gotten the built in chemical cartridge upgrade feature but the frog is only a bit of a hassle.

Bendite

Bendite

Thanks for in the info. I decided to get the 240 volt upgrade, the 2 lb insulating cover, ozonator, the constant clean filter and the 160 GPM pump. I don't want to skimp on good features which all of them are. I believe deep soaking was worth the deeper tub than most other units. Both the wife and I are 5'7'' and expect the kind of soaking we want.

Mike T

Mike,

There is a very big difference more so in the company's that build and back your spa. A nice round tub will of course look very much alike but the fit and finish will be different as will the quality of cover and components that make up your spa. I would make sure all of the spas can be wired to 110 or 240 volts since you mention heating I think having the option is important to you. You spa will perform the same on either but the heater will go from a 1.0 or 1.5kw to a 4.0 kw or more depending on your wiring. Check the brands reputations and you will see who seems to stand behind their products long term and those who have earned their reputation for not doing so as well.

Mike,

Dear Easygoer13

Thanks for the heads up. While I haven't done an exhaustive search, I was surprised that the smaller spas have say a 5/3 warrenty compared to the large units which have a 10/5 year warrenty? Decided to go with the 240 volt option with $1000 to the electrician for the wiring upgrade. Also went with the constant clean, ozonator and the larger pump for better jet performance. The wife and I are short so I am expecting deep soaking from this deep spa.

Mike T

• 2 weeks later...

We are planning to purchase the Marquis Envy, after looking at the Sundance Denali and Nordic Crown. We have been searching for a round, deep tub because we enjoy the feel of the old-fashioned barrel tubs.

The salesman for the Sundance told us that they are better insulated than other tubs. We live in Oregon, and like the fact that Marquis tubs are locally manufactured and serviced. It does not get very cold here, but we are checking out the cost of using 220v.

The Nordic Crown was more expensive than either the Sundance or Marquis, but we did not discern anything that would justify the additional cost. Although it is about 4-5 inches deeper than the Marquis, the Marquis seating is plenty deep enough for us. The Crown has more jets, but my understanding is that, when it comes to jets, more is not necessarily better.

It is great that this forum is here. We just attended the Home and Garden show in Portland, and it is hard to separate sales talk from reality.

The Marquis Envy and Sundance Denali seem to be comparable in price and features. Does anyone have compelling reasons why they would spend more for the Nordic?

[

The Nordic Crown was more expensive than either the Sundance or Marquis, but we did not discern anything that would justify the additional cost. Although it is about 4-5 inches deeper than the Marquis, the Marquis seating is plenty deep enough for us. The Crown has more jets, but my understanding is that, when it comes to jets, more is not necessarily better.

It is great that this forum is here. We just attended the Home and Garden show in Portland, and it is hard to separate sales talk from reality.

The Marquis Envy and Sundance Denali seem to be comparable in price and features. Does anyone have compelling reasons why they would spend more for the Nordic?

Did you look at the 2007 Crown XL?? You can order it with the circ pump and the new jets are better then ever.

Nordic is also a great company. you should try a wet test before you buy.

• 2 months later...

6 month review.

No problems with any part of the Hot tub.

My electric bill went up about $7 a month using 110/120v Not kidding. This is a good sign of quality. I am happy with the size for 2 people. The jets have plenty power for me on the smaller pump available.

Two times the breaker tripped due to tub use and a lot of kitchen appliances running at the same time, not sure if 220/240 would have made a difference.

Ideally 220/240 would be best for cold climates so the tub will heat while the jets are on high.

Great Tub for two people