Spas And Skin Conditions

lindal

I have noticed that a large patch of psorasis on my back has disappeared since I started using the spa in March 2007. Has anyone else noticed an improvement in skin conditions from using the spa?

I am using the Bromine tablets for a sanitizer and the spa frog was put in 3 weeks ago after a water refill. I was planning on changing to Cholrine at a later time but now I think I will stay with the Bromine since I have seen such an improvement in my skin condition.

I have the Psorasis on my scalp also. It has been tempting to put my head under but I have decided that it may cause ear infections if I do that.

'lindal' date='Jun 8 2007, 01:54 PM' post='28191']

I have noticed that a large patch of psorasis on my back has disappeared since I started using the spa in March 2007. Has anyone else noticed an improvement in skin conditions from using the spa?

I am using the Bromine tablets for a sanitizer and the spa frog was put in 3 weeks ago after a water refill. I was planning on changing to Cholrine at a later time but now I think I will stay with the Bromine since I have seen such an improvement in my skin condition.

I have the Psorasis on my scalp also. It has been tempting to put my head under but I have decided that it may cause ear infections if I do that.

It kinda has the oppesite effect on me. I'm amazed that it did that for you. Extreme temp. changes, stripping of the pores and dehydration are the main problems of those of us who suffer from exyma. For me I have to moisturize heaviely after and avoid jumping in the snow during a soak. I also like to indulge in a bunch of beers during my soak to stay hydrated......LOL As time passes and we don't soak 8 nights a week I have found that dry itchy skin is not a problem!!

I have been to Dematologists all my life. The diagnosis is always psorasis or chronic eczema. The patch had been there for over 5 years and now it is gone. I have had it around the waistband area in the past and it is gone now. Maybe it just left on its own like the part around the waistband.

But, I am sure it is not an infection.

Just wondering how it affects everyone else.

Thanks,

Linda