Jacuzzi J-480 Questions And Pics

Ok so my electrician is doing the final hook up and I have some pictures of our set up:

Picture052-vi.jpg

I also took some pics of the "guts" of the Jacuzzi:

Picture057-vi.jpg

Should I be concerned that the foam on the main tube seems to be falling off? Also would this be considered "FULL FOAM"? The Dimension 1 spa i looked at seemed to have more insulation. Is this sufficient for Canadian weather? Can more insulation be added? or is it even needed?

And here is a close up of the SPA NECESSITIES CD Ozonator:

Picture054-vi.jpg

Why is only one of the two "ports" hooked up????

Picture055-vi.jpg

Can you let us all know how those "Emerson Motors" work out for you?

I have asked many people to come back and post years later on their spa experiences, but most don't.

Nice set up. The other port on your O3 generator is for air to go in.

I prefer more foam completely covering the plumbing and a peremiter insulation for our Northern Minnesota winters. But I am sure that tub will be reasonably effiecent. How much is on the other 3 sides? We don't have that brand around here, and I have only seen a couple.

I find the name funny, since ozone is NOT A SPA NECESSITY! It is an option.

Where do they find these people who make up stuff like that? :lol::rolleyes:

Thanks for comments guys. We had our first soak last night. First one at about 7 pm with the kids and again at 10:30 pm WITHOUT the kids ;)

I am going to be pulling off some panels to investigate the insullation. The Gazebo has been a God Send... it has been raining for 3 days here so that was nice.... also it is nice for privacy if we have guests you are a little more shy. We live in Suburbia.... 3000 sf ft homes on 50' x 100' lots, so the neighbours are CLOSE (hence why we almost needed the crane to get it in). I have had no luck in tracking down "SPA NECESSITIES" either.

Quick question I am going to Colorado for a week and my wife is going to visit family for a week. We are using a Bromine system. Is there anything we should do chemical wise?

Picture052-vi.jpg

I also took some pics of the "guts" of the Jacuzzi:

Picture057-vi.jpg

Should I be concerned that the foam on the main tube seems to be falling off? Also would this be considered "FULL FOAM"? The Dimension 1 spa i looked at seemed to have more insulation. Is this sufficient for Canadian weather? Can more insulation be added? or is it even needed?

And here is a close up of the SPA NECESSITIES CD Ozonator:

Picture054-vi.jpg

Why is only one of the two "ports" hooked up????

Picture055-vi.jpg

I like the set up alot. I did the same with the spa pad. I havent had any issue over a year. only thing I did was make the greass go right up to the edge of the pad. I know what you mean about the home, ,ime is also like yours cpt my neighbors come in at 4200 sqf. my yard is large compared to theirs

lol! Hope you enjoy your spa!

Hey MunnyGuy...

With that setup, "You're money, man" (paraphrasing the movie 'Swingers')

The Cabana (more South Beachy!) is great. I have an cantelivered umbrella which I use when it rains.

It's great to soak in the rain, but not with little drops of water hitting my head.

I guess I am afraid of getting wet while I'm in the tub!

Good luck with the new setup. Sure looks good

Hehhhhehhhhehhh! :lol:

Thanks for the comments guys! I was a lil pissed off as we just got the Tub set up last Tuesday and I left Wednesday to go to Denver and just got back last night! Gonna have our first get together tonight!

I loved the movie SWINGERS!!! The "MONEY" reference was awesome!