Master Spa Lsx Vs. Vita Spa Cabaret

camfam

Planning on purchasing our first spa next month. We have narrowed it down to MasterSpa LSX and VitaSpa Cabaret. Both spas have a "extreme therapy" seat. That is the selling point for us. We are wet testing both this weekend. Prices are comparable at $9800 each. Prices seem high, but we're negotiating with each of the dealers.

Any opinions from spa owners on these two models only? I am not interested in other brands or models unless they have a therapy seat option. These are the only two I have seen. Not sure if there are others.

We are located in RI. Planning on trying to get a better deal on prices at the homeshow next month. Maybe a floor model. Any advice?...

Planning on purchasing our first spa next month. We have narrowed it down to MasterSpa LSX and VitaSpa Cabaret. Both spas have a "extreme therapy" seat. That is the selling point for us. We are wet testing both this weekend. Prices are comparable at $9800 each. Prices seem high, but we're negotiating with each of the dealers.

Any opinions from spa owners on these two models only? I am not interested in other brands or models unless they have a therapy seat option. These are the only two I have seen. Not sure if there are others.

We are located in RI. Planning on trying to get a better deal on prices at the homeshow next month. Maybe a floor model. Any advice?...

Arctic Spa (http://www.goarctic.com) also has a therapy seat, with therapy air option as well. Not trying to push arctic (i do own one, though), but you mentioned you didn't see any other brands with this option, so figured i'd mention it . . . it is my wifes favorite seat in our tub, too.

Arctic Spa (http://www.goarctic.com) also has a therapy seat, with therapy air option as well. Not trying to push arctic (i do own one, though), but you mentioned you didn't see any other brands with this option, so figured i'd mention it . . . it is my wifes favorite seat in our tub, too.

Marquis and D1 both have models with Deep Therapy corner seats. There are several out there, probably 15-20 different manufacturers that have a model with a "therapy seat" even though just about any tub with the proper water flow and in my opinion an air blower can knead on your muscles pretty good from several positions in the spa.

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, there are no Artic dealers within 60 miles of my house, and I prefer to have a dealer nearby for maintenance purposes.

As for Marquis and D1, which models are you referring to? I do see therapy seats, but the two tubs I am considering have seats that hit you from the back, sides, hands, hamstrings, calves, and feet. I am interested in tubs that have these options. There is a dealer nearby who just happens to sell both Marquis and D1. I will check them out, just want to know which tubs I should ask to see. Also, are they both in my $10,000 max price range?

Thanks.

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, there are no Artic dealers within 60 miles of my house, and I prefer to have a dealer nearby for maintenance purposes.

As for Marquis and D1, which models are you referring to? I do see therapy seats, but the two tubs I am considering have seats that hit you from the back, sides, hands, hamstrings, calves, and feet. I am interested in tubs that have these options. There is a dealer nearby who just happens to sell both Marquis and D1. I will check them out, just want to know which tubs I should ask to see. Also, are they both in my $10,000 max price range?

Thanks.

The D1 chairman is great for about that range. Good luck

I own a VitaNuage, and my thoughts are based on that:

I LOVE the larger jets, especially the "quad-stream" jets. These are also interchangble by the owner with 2 or three other jets with the spa filled. If you have the choice, get as many of the "large interchangable" jets as you can.

Next - the "select-s'swirl". If you can, have the "finger massage" jets replaced with the select-a-swirls when they build your tub.

Last - get the LED light package, and skip the water misters.

Pretty much every major spa brand has what you are looking for, a seat with multiple jet configurations, but check out the HotSpring Envoy, it has 5 seats and everyone is differant. Good luck in your search and try to wet test before you purchase.

Also the Coleman's 706,705,481 or 482 might meet your needs

Would love to hear the results of your wet test. I've also narrowed down my search to the LSX or the Caberet (seen at least 15 other high end brands, but haven't wet tested yet). However, I think your prices are about $1000.00 too high. I've been quoted (in Florida), for the caberet with lights, third motor wave seat, and misters, about $7800.00 installed with all the usual yada yada. Demo LSX with lights (used in store about 3 weeks), installed, (yada yada) about $8000.00. Good luck with your search; I think you picked two of the best "therapy" spas. :)

Would love to hear the results of your wet test. I've also narrowed down my search to the LSX or the Caberet (seen at least 15 other high end brands, but haven't wet tested yet). However, I think your prices are about $1000.00 too high. I've been quoted (in Florida), for the caberet with lights, third motor wave seat, and misters, about $7800.00 installed with all the usual yada yada. Demo LSX with lights (used in store about 3 weeks), installed, (yada yada) about $8000.00. Good luck with your search; I think you picked two of the best "therapy" spas. :)

Lets hear it. How was the wet test? Did you sign?

I'd love to know the results, too. We have the Cabaret and LOVE it. We were between that one and a Caldera, but the wet test won us over to Vita. We got the lights and the misters; a lot of people said don't bother with misters, but our yard isn't screened in so we use them for bug control at night as much as we do for cool-down. Good luck and enjoy your spa, whichever one you chose!

• 2 weeks later...

Lets hear it. How was the wet test? Did you sign?

Sorry it took so long to reply...we were away on vacation...

Yes, we put a deposit on the Master LSX. We loved the wet test. This tub is very powerful. The therapy seat is unbeatable. It allows you to adjust the amount of air that comes out of the jets so you can increase or decrease the pressure. I found that adjusting it to no air blew me out of the seat. The water was too much for me. I needed to put alot of air into the flow. My husband however, (much bigger than me) loved it full power.

Never actually wet tested the Vita Cabaret. Were planning on it, but the dealer we bought the LSX from lowered the price $1500, included cover, steps, LED lights, stainless steel jets, setup and delivery in the price. We bought the floor model that is two months old. They were anxious to sell it because they need to make room for all the new tubs they are getting due to the home show next month.

We think we got the best deal we could for a tub of this quality. Feel free to ask more questions!!

Sorry it took so long to reply...we were away on vacation...

Yes, we put a deposit on the Master LSX. We loved the wet test. This tub is very powerful. The therapy seat is unbeatable. It allows you to adjust the amount of air that comes out of the jets so you can increase or decrease the pressure. I found that adjusting it to no air blew me out of the seat. The water was too much for me. I needed to put alot of air into the flow. My husband however, (much bigger than me) loved it full power.

Never actually wet tested the Vita Cabaret. Were planning on it, but the dealer we bought the LSX from lowered the price $1500, included cover, steps, LED lights, stainless steel jets, setup and delivery in the price. We bought the floor model that is two months old. They were anxious to sell it because they need to make room for all the new tubs they are getting due to the home show next month.

We think we got the best deal we could for a tub of this quality. Feel free to ask more questions!!

Congrats on your new tub. I think most tubs offer that diverter for air/water mixture and some even blowers to add more volitility. How is that Master blaster near the foot (Showerhead 22jets jet)?

Congrats on your new tub. I think most tubs offer that diverter for air/water mixture and some even blowers to add more volitility. How is that Master blaster near the foot (Showerhead 22jets jet)?

Yes, most tubs do offer the air/water jet adjusters. We just couldn't get over how great this tub really is. The lounge is good for me. By adjusting the jets, I don't float in it, like some of the others. The foot blasters are great. Much more powerful than we expected.

Now we're in the process of price quoting cement slabs to put it next to the deck, and the electrical work. Have you ever heard of spa dealers doing packages for this? Our dealer is getting back to us with a quote tomorrow. We are putting the spa close to the house, not far from the fusebox, and we have 200 amp electric in the house already. Any idea on average costs for the cement work (8x8feet 4inch thick), and the electric, so I know I'm not getting ripped off?

Yes, most tubs do offer the air/water jet adjusters. We just couldn't get over how great this tub really is. The lounge is good for me. By adjusting the jets, I don't float in it, like some of the others. The foot blasters are great. Much more powerful than we expected.

Now we're in the process of price quoting cement slabs to put it next to the deck, and the electrical work. Have you ever heard of spa dealers doing packages for this? Our dealer is getting back to us with a quote tomorrow. We are putting the spa close to the house, not far from the fusebox, and we have 200 amp electric in the house already. Any idea on average costs for the cement work (8x8feet 4inch thick), and the electric, so I know I'm not getting ripped off?

Abolutely turnkey for you. You should pay nore more than 575 dollars for a GFCI and up to 30 ft. run to the box from in the house 6 dollars a foot thereafter. A concrete slab no more than 850 dollars 4" thick 8x8'. No more than 1450. Congrats on your new spa. Most spa's also allow you to adjust the jets to have less pressure and some lounges are designed to keep you situated regardless of boyancy with jets on full blast. I wish you the best of luck and dont get ripped off on the rest of the work

Abolutely turnkey for you. You should pay nore more than 575 dollars for a GFCI and up to 30 ft. run to the box from in the house 6 dollars a foot thereafter. A concrete slab no more than 850 dollars 4" thick 8x8'. No more than 1450. Congrats on your new spa. Most spa's also allow you to adjust the jets to have less pressure and some lounges are designed to keep you situated regardless of boyancy with jets on full blast. I wish you the best of luck and dont get ripped off on the rest of the work

Got the quotes from the dealer. Electrical is $765 and concrete is $800. I think the electrical should be a bit lower, too. I do have someone else who is a retired electrician (still licensed) that has done work for us before. He is going to come by tomorrow to give me a price. Also, I have a local cement company coming tomorrow to take a look at the space and give me a price too. We'll be making a decision after that. Thanks for the help. I can't wait to get this thing here and up and running!!!

Got the quotes from the dealer. Electrical is $765 and concrete is $800. I think the electrical should be a bit lower, too. I do have someone else who is a retired electrician (still licensed) that has done work for us before. He is going to come by tomorrow to give me a price. Also, I have a local cement company coming tomorrow to take a look at the space and give me a price too. We'll be making a decision after that. Thanks for the help. I can't wait to get this thing here and up and running!!!

That is decent if you are running more than 30ft. from the panel and if he is reliable. More quotes the merrier. If a company offers you the lowest rate and offers to have all the service for you done without trying to syncronize you will most likely pass that dealer to the next person for a referral

Caldera includes A GFCI. What is that worth (without labor of course) ?

Is there a difference for each spa??? or is 240/50a standard?

Yes, not all spas are wired the same, some require as little as 15 amps up to 60 amps. Some have one breaker in the gfcl, the Caldera has 2 breakers, a 30 amp and a 20 amp, one for heater and one for the pumps. The caldera & Hotspring spas come with this Gfci as standard, some spas do not.

Yes, not all spas are wired the same, some require as little as 15 amps up to 60 amps. Some have one breaker in the gfcl, the Caldera has 2 breakers, a 30 amp and a 20 amp, one for heater and one for the pumps. The caldera & Hotspring spas come with this Gfci as standard, some spas do not.

I never knew that HS has a built in GFCI disconnect inside the spa. I like that idea