balboa numbers cycle 80-104 then back down.

my balboa 500vs top control panel is cycling numbers 80-104. one every .5 seconds up to 104 then back down to 80 then back up to 104 ect... i have no functions on the control panel. I have powered down the hot tub, i have disconnected the phone jack of the top panel. i have powered up and placed a volt meter on the heater to see if it would call for heat. then powered down, reconnected the phone jack same thing. disconnected the flow sensors, powered up then down. reconnected. the same cycling of numbers. Changed the dip switches one at a time while powered down then back on to see if any changes.  still an issue.

Sounds like bad sensors to me. Try unplugging just one and see if you get an SN A or B error. Try Test Mode. See below. Power off before changing dip switches.

Google: Troubleshooting & Service for EL/VS Systems 

Put the spa in test mode with the light on, so that you see the two sensor temperatures. Are they normal (within 1°F/0.5°C) when not heating? How far apart are ...

Balboa VS500Z

Topside 3 button controller Balboa VL200

I disconnected sensor A. A clicking noise began, like a contactor. Display read SA.

Plugged the sensor back in and the pump came on. Numbers are still scrolling.

I disconnected sensor B. A clicking noise began, like a contactor. Display read Sb.

Plugged the sensor back in and the pump came on. Numbers are still scrolling.

Powered off, turned dip switch 1 to the on position for test mode. Powered on. Display read F=

Unable to turn on light.

Powered off, also turned dip switch 2 to the on position. Powered on. Display read F=

Unable to turn on light.

Powered off, jumped J43 and powered on. Display read F=

Powered off, returned the dip switches to the original setting. Powered back on. Numbers still scrolling.

Switched the sensor position, still the same scrolling. Switched the sensors back to original positions.

Still scrolling numbers 80-104 then back down then back up ect...

If I have to guess I'm throwing a sensor set at it. I would fill a cup up with hot spa water and plugging in a new sensor set and placing the probes in the water cup to test before swapping... But easy for me as I have them on my truck.

• 2 weeks later...