Timing on buying a new hot tub that won't be used until spring?

EvanVanVan

Hi, I'd like to get a Hot Spring Aria hot tub for the house we're building but the house won't be ready until April. It's going to be installed on a structurally engineered roof top deck and I'm having the builder apply for permits and install it (unless maybe the dealer will want to install it for warranty purposes?). How should I time the purchase, etc, seeing that the house won't be ready until the spring?

My local dealer called me after I filled out a form on the Hot Spring website and they said it's a 6-8 week lead time for an Aria. I'm wondering do I order it now and possibly have it sitting out all winter? Should I try to time it for the spring time near when the house is completed? I also read that some spa manufacturers shut down production during the winter making availability difficult, does that include Hot Springs?

Also, my biggest concern is getting it up on to the 4th floor roof deck in the back of the house with only a 6' alley on the side for access. I was glad to see this was a thing (https://www.unitedrentals.com/marketplace/equipment/material-handling/cranes/mini-crawler-crane-42-ft-2-tons-electric-powered) if we can't figure out another way. Any other suggestions/advice? 

Thank you

Usually 12' in a floor so that crane with a 42' reach is not going to work. Purchase the spa 8-10 weeks ahead so you are not burning up warranty time. Ask the dealer if they deliver the spa in house or if they use a professional Hot Tub delivery service. They should be able to do a pre site delivery inspection and make all the proper recommendations for crane delivery and what size crane will be needed. 

9 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

Usually 12' in a floor so that crane with a 42' reach is not going to work. Purchase the spa 8-10 weeks ahead so you are not burning up warranty time. Ask the dealer if they deliver the spa in house or if they use a professional Hot Tub delivery service. They should be able to do a pre site delivery inspection and make all the proper recommendations for crane delivery and what size crane will be needed. 

Ty. The deck floor is only at 28'6" according to the plans (really it's a ground floor for plus three), so the crane should be plenty tall enough. 🤞

Everything else sounds good. Thank you.