trying to revive a 2002 dimension 1 aurora 2 ultralife. the flo switch error wont go away. even when i jump the flo switch . its strange tho. it worked for a second as i was forcing water down the intake using filter as a piston. but i cant recreate it. it gives me hope it worked for that brief moment. the flow switch reads 7 ohms off and 3 ohms running. dosent appear to be adjustable.  i cant find a circuit board. looking for a workaround. like maybe a magic jumper? thanks

2002 dimension 1 aurora 2 ultralife

0201-100020 (Specification SP198)
MAS-MSPA-MP-P12-P22-O-CP-NE-A1-L-RTC-SPW-NW-D11
See Dimension 1 for replacement

Hi,

Maybe there is a little cap that you can remove on the top of the flowswitch to access the screw to ajust. After a while just ajusting it can do it.

First check if the flow is enough, sometimes, leafs or others things can get stuck in the pump and it block just enough to trigger it.

At the end, i would silumate the flow switch by hand by touching the 2 wire together when there is flow. (12v so its not dangerous and the wire should be long enough for you to do it). If you simulate the flowswitch bypass it , and it still give you flow, its the card and not the flow switch.

But check if the flow is enough before (remove filters, etc)

• Like 1

To be clear do you have a flow switch or a pressure switch?

Where are you located on the planet?

Remove the protective covers inside the spa pack and post photos of the circuit board and the schematic on the inside cover and the topside control so we can see what you have and how it is wired.

Gecko MSPA Service Manual here: https://www.aquaspaandpoolsupply.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/TECHBOOK-MSPA-MP.pdf

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

To be clear do you have a flow switch or a pressure switch?

Where are you located on the planet?

Remove the protective covers inside the spa pack and post photos of the circuit board and the schematic on the inside cover and the topside control so we can see what you have and how it is wired.

Gecko MSPA Service Manual here: https://www.aquaspaandpoolsupply.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/TECHBOOK-MSPA-MP.pdf

i am in texas. i only see a flow switch on schematic. i thought that the flo switch was the only thing that determined flo switch error. could it be something else?  also i had idea to look for voltage at flo switch terminal connection from board. that would determine if circuit board is bad? thanks for your help!

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

The flow switch cannot be simply jumpered in these, the system checks for both open and closed.

A flow switch is on or off. Zero ohms or infinite ohms. Anything else is a bad switch.

If sticking a hose to the filter intake causes it to work then it's likely a flow issue. I'd check the circ pump.

• Like 2

On 8/24/2023 at 9:24 PM, RDspaguy said:

The flow switch cannot be simply jumpered in these, the system checks for both open and closed.

A flow switch is on or off. Zero ohms or infinite ohms. Anything else is a bad switch.

If sticking a hose to the filter intake causes it to work then it's likely a flow issue. I'd check the circ pump.

if i jumper it then  that means 0 ohms so it should work right? when it is removed its an open circuit and it wont work and i should be able to read voltage correct? im pretty sure these flow switches work within a range because some are adjustable but this one dosent seem to be.   the circ pump is working.

OK thank you for your help. I think I’m getting there. These things are like air conditioner smart,right? It probably has a process. Like it powers on,    checks that the flow switch is open,    starts the cirque pump,     checks to see that the flow switch is now closed,      And then merrily carries on without error codes. Is that what y’all are trying to tell me? I think that’s what I’m just now understanding.

6 hours ago, atx45 said:

im pretty sure these flow switches work within a range

No, they don't. A pressure switch is adjustable by pressure, and some really old school flow switches (D1 air pump systems for example) are by flow rate, but nothing in the last 25 years. Even those were open/closed with nothing in between.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RDspaguy said:

No, they don't. A pressure switch is adjustable by pressure, and some really old school flow switches (D1 air pump systems for example) are by flow rate, but nothing in the last 25 years. Even those were open/closed with nothing in between.

ya i was totally wrong there. i thought it involved magnets or something. i guess the sensitivity is adjustable on some.  im shopping now for a new one now.

On 8/26/2023 at 4:13 PM, atx45 said:

i used jumper 8 from the board. i had the breaker off while i did it  for safety

Make sure tu jump it with the power On actually. Otherwise you are creating a "stuck closed" flow switch error. The flow switch can't be "closed" before the system is On. It will see that as an error.  You need to have the power On and the circulation pump running before jumping the two pins of the flow switch connector on the board.

• 3 weeks later...

i put in the new flo switch and i am still getting flo error. is there a hard reset or something? i was really hoping the circuit board would be ok. one thing that i am doing is running the circ pump from a different terminal. there is no voltage on the proper circpump spade terminal so i moved it over to a terminal that is always on. i wonder if that has something to do with this error. i hooked it up correctly and the circ pump dosent start and i stilll get error. thanks for any advice..    -tony

On 9/13/2023 at 11:13 AM, atx45 said:

i put in the new flo switch and i am still getting flo error. is there a hard reset or something? i was really hoping the circuit board would be ok. one thing that i am doing is running the circ pump from a different terminal. there is no voltage on the proper circpump spade terminal so i moved it over to a terminal that is always on. i wonder if that has something to do with this error. i hooked it up correctly and the circ pump dosent start and i stilll get error. thanks for any advice..    -tony

Yes, on that board, putting the circ pump to an always on connection will give you the same issue as shorting/by-passing the flow switch with the power off actually.

• Like 1