2017 Hydropool Serenity Error 295

vamanos

When I went to add chemicals to my hot tub today I noticed a repeating error message on the screen and the jets won't turn on. The error is 295, r 2, LL 5. I don't see anything in the manual about error codes. I've tried shutting off the power and turning it back on with the no difference. Anyone else had this issue before? It's a 2017 Hydropool Serenity hot tub.

14 hours ago, vamanos said:

295, r 2, LL 5

This is not an error. These numbers are part of the start up sequence. R2 is the chip revision number and LL5 is the lower level programming number.  

Is it a Gecko IN.XE spa pack? Post photos

There is likely a blown capacitor or bad low level power supply on the board. 

https://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?/topic/53524-gecko-inxe-spa-pack-stuck-in-boot-up-low-voltage-power-supply/#comment-208142

• Like 1

Pages 43,44 below... make sure all jets are open, Remove filters, ensure water level is above highest jet, Make sure there are no air locks in pump wet end and also pressurized filter housing (back out small round bleed valve on filter lid) make sure filter lid is fully installed and there is no water coming out or air going in. Make sure all gate valve handles are in the  up position.

The flow detection pressure switch is integrated into the heater tube and you have to replace the entire heater tube assembly. Can't buy just the pressure switch. 

https://www.geckodepot.com/fichiers/documentsProduits/GDA/en/Techbook_in_xe_EN.pdf

Did a little more troubleshooting. I removed the filter, water level is high, all jets open, all gate valve handles are up and I bled the water lines at the pump (no air escaped, just water). This tub doesn't have a pressurized filter housing.

I turned the power off again and back on. The startup sequence is continually looping 295, r 2, LL 5. After LL 5 I hear a clicking sound from the spa pack area, sounds like a relay click. Jets still won't turn on.

SpaPack.jpeg

Edited by vamanos
Forgot to add that I tested the fuses and they all have continuity.

Thanks for your help @CanadianSpaTech. I drained the water and removed the spa pack. Took the spa pack apart and the board looks fine, no burnt areas but the large capacitor does have a domed top so probably bad. Will take it to a local electronics shop and have them replace the capacitor and see if that resolves the issue. Will let you know how it goes.

3.jpeg

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

4.jpeg