Thermospa Overheating ("OH)

Thanks in advance for any insight here.  I did read a few overheating threads but thought I would post my own experience.  The tub is pretty old and I have been throwing money at it annually for leaks and topside control panels.  The tub has been overheating.  Meaning, after a day or so of running, I get an "OH" flashing on the topside control panel and the tub if basically shut down.  This happened this winter, but a flip of the breaker lasted at least a month before an "OH".  Now it is pretty much 24 hours.  So outside temp might have something to do with it.  I have replaced the filter cartridge and checked water flow.  Seems fine.  I had the tub set to 100.  I literally was about to take my saws all to it this weekend and be done with it.  It is sunk into my deck and I was going to call it a day on the hot tub and put some deck planks down.

But, I set it to 85 just to see and it has been running for a few days now.  Not sure if any of this adds up to something or points to something for any of you, but happy to listen to theories.  Also, the Blower doesn't work.  The thing that makes crazy bubbles.  I don't think that has anything to do with it.  The blower is pretty much a manual on demand thing when you are in it.  I do miss it though, but not chasing that one (yet).

OH can be a couple of things. It usually happens when the temperature probe senses the water is above the programmed limit. Things that cause this is poor flow thru the heater or a bad high limit sensor. If you have a circulation pump, that could be bad, it's not uncommon.

The first thing to do is pull the filter and run the tub without it. A dirty filter will absolutely cause poor flow and an overheat condition. With a multimeter, read the resistance of the high limit sensor. It should be in the 10,000 ohm range at room temperature.