Bullfrog Spas

spa rookie

Boys play nice, it is ok for someone to like a particular brand and another to think it is crap. That's why we love this country.

Yes that is all true, I took what he said however as insult to someones wife for being small in suture, and if this was true than I stand firmly behind my post. If I misunderstood, than I apologise.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes that is all true, I took what he said however as insult to someones wife for being small in suture, and if this was true than I stand firmly behind my post. If I misunderstood, than I apologise.

It couldn't possibly be true that he was insulting someones wife. Thats way to cowardly of a thing for anyone to do.

I am not sure a poster mentioned their wife was only 4'10 and than he tells them sorry they did not grow up, it sounded to me like something a chicken sh*t thing of someone to say. Did I miss something ?

The growing up thing sounded like a really bad pun to me. I don't think he meant it as an insult guys. Geesh, without Jim around there's no place for some to vent thier frustrations.

I am not sure a poster mentioned their wife was only 4'10 and than he tells them sorry they did not grow up, it sounded to me like something a chicken sh*t thing of someone to say. Did I miss something ?

I was being sarcastic. Cause I saw it as an insult also.

• 1 month later...

I was being sarcastic. Cause I saw it as an insult also.

We have represented many spa companies in the past to list

CalSpa

Masterspa.

Dimension One

Marquis

Arctic

Hot Springs

Sundance

Elite By Maxx

What we found with all these brands is that they all have a story to tell. The problem is they all follow the same principal when it comes to building. We researched BULLFROG for 4 plus years. Watched how the company deals with warranty claims from dealers, also how well they support dealers in the field. Even though we were not dealers of BULLFROG they treated us as valued customers. There was a post about how the water does not circulate in the back of the jet pack, this is not true they have a circulation system behind the jet pack. We have also wet tested all products listed. We found 20 people to go out and wet test all products listed. 86% of those that participated in this program would choose a BULLFROG spa. It truly is the first company to reduce the majority of plumbing to reduce friction and dramatically reduce the possibility of leaks. We feel that this product will change the way people view WHAT A SPA IS. It does not matter what or who you represent on this forum just know that BULLFROG spas will change the way we all show our product. We were also very impressed with there orginization and the philosophy of the owner and how they view what a company should be. We would be honored to carry their product.

p.s. Just my opinion.

TBK

God Bless

and Happy Hunting.

It truly is the first company to reduce the majority of plumbing to reduce friction and dramatically reduce the possibility of leaks. We feel that this product will change the way people view WHAT A SPA IS. It does not matter what or who you represent on this forum just know that BULLFROG spas will change the way we all show our product. We were also very impressed with there orginization and the philosophy of the owner and how they view what a company should be. We would be honored to carry their product.

p.s. Just my opinion.

While it may be true that they have come up with different designs, i doubt it will change the entire spa industry. Thermal pane type insulation came out, yet there are still a majority of companies using full foam (not saying FF is bad, or TP is better, just an observation), different methods of support, acrylics, etc have come about, yet companies still flourish using thier original methods. I highly doubt companies will follow suit with bullfrog, nor will they be hurt by this. It all comes down to personal preference.

The only problem i noticed with bullfrog while i was shopping around for a spa was actually the plumbing itself. While it does reduce the majority of plumbing, this creates a problem. With the jets running from the same tube that surrounds the perimeter of the tub, the jets furthest from the site of the pump receive less pressure than those that are closer (this is if they are all running with the same types of jets). It is impossible to get around this problem without using more plumbing (this all being explained to me by a plumber/pipefitter of 30 years). I'm not saying bullfrog has a bad design or is not good, it's preference. I like the idea of the jetpacks, but found that even in a standard tub you usually find a seat you like and stay with it. I've even been told that most people who buy a bullfrog seldom get different jetpacks as they are happy with what they have, and why spend the extra cash? (just like in a standard tub, you buy it with the jetting you want, maybe add another jet . . . a big maybe, but not usually).

And i'm sure bullfrog is a reputable company with great service, but there are others as well with long track records. It is good to see that you stand by your product though, and added that "just my opinion", because that's what it comes down to with any tub for anyone. Hopefully, all works well for you and good luck with bullfrog.

While it may be true that they have come up with different designs, i doubt it will change the entire spa industry. Thermal pane type insulation came out, yet there are still a majority of companies using full foam (not saying FF is bad, or TP is better, just an observation), different methods of support, acrylics, etc have come about, yet companies still flourish using thier original methods. I highly doubt companies will follow suit with bullfrog, nor will they be hurt by this. It all comes down to personal preference.

The only problem i noticed with bullfrog while i was shopping around for a spa was actually the plumbing itself. While it does reduce the majority of plumbing, this creates a problem. With the jets running from the same tube that surrounds the perimeter of the tub, the jets furthest from the site of the pump receive less pressure than those that are closer (this is if they are all running with the same types of jets). It is impossible to get around this problem without using more plumbing (this all being explained to me by a plumber/pipefitter of 30 years). I'm not saying bullfrog has a bad design or is not good, it's preference. I like the idea of the jetpacks, but found that even in a standard tub you usually find a seat you like and stay with it. I've even been told that most people who buy a bullfrog seldom get different jetpacks as they are happy with what they have, and why spend the extra cash? (just like in a standard tub, you buy it with the jetting you want, maybe add another jet . . . a big maybe, but not usually).

And i'm sure bullfrog is a reputable company with great service, but there are others as well with long track records. It is good to see that you stand by your product though, and added that "just my opinion", because that's what it comes down to with any tub for anyone. Hopefully, all works well for you and good luck with bullfrog.

Very well put! I love the idea of interchangeable jet packs and upgrading when you get tired of it. I saw the show in Atlantic City and actually that was a tug that appealed to me. I didn't realize that that perimiter piping would lose power by the end. I was wondering if there was a leak along one that piping, how hard it would be to fix and the rep said it would be hard but they havn't had one that leaked yet around the perimiter. He said if anything one of the jetpacks could leak not the main piping.

Very well put! I love the idea of interchangeable jet packs and upgrading when you get tired of it. I saw the show in Atlantic City and actually that was a tug that appealed to me. I didn't realize that that perimiter piping would lose power by the end. I was wondering if there was a leak along one that piping, how hard it would be to fix and the rep said it would be hard but they havn't had one that leaked yet around the perimiter. He said if anything one of the jetpacks could leak not the main piping.

He is most likely was right about the main piping not leaking. The pipefitter i know did say that the plumbing is very good, but the design has that one flaw, but is otherwise pretty solid. Maybe they'll find a way to make the best of both worlds. It is an interesting design, though, and gives us consumers another option when shopping. My boss just bought one, had it for a month, but hasn't used it (time constraints). I'll ask him his opinion, although he did buy a smaller model.

having had people wet test bullfrog when doing our research there was no report of lost pressure from any set or from any jet. but they did say they all could use the jet at the same time with no diversion of water. all the seats work at the same time if you want it that way. no other spa company has that capability. I really like the Idea of upgrading the jet pack instead of having to get a new spa. Bullfrog is currently designing new jet packs to fit existing spas, sounds really cool to me (just my opinion).

TBK

God Bless

Happy Hunting.

all the seats work at the same time if you want it that way. no other spa company has that capability.

I really like the Idea of upgrading the jet pack instead of having to get a new spa. Bullfrog is currently designing new jet packs to fit existing spas, sounds really cool to me (just my opinion).

TBK

God Bless

Happy Hunting.

1) There are other spas that allow you to have all the sets operating simultaneously so it is not true that Bullfrog is the only spa where all the seats can be on at the same time.

2) I have never heard of anyone getting a new spa because the jets need upgrading? It does sound unique to be able to swap out the seats but I don't see the people clamoring to do so (IMO).

BTW, what is the range for a new jetpack if somone wanted to get a new one?

1) There are other spas that allow you to have all the sets operating simultaneously so it is not true that Bullfrog is the only spa where all the seats can be on at the same time.

2) I have never heard of anyone getting a new spa because the jets need upgrading? It does sound unique to be able to swap out the seats but I don't see the people clamoring to do so (IMO).

That information I do not have yet. The spas you mentioned that have the same capability of all jets on at the same time, Do they have diverter valves?

TBK.

That information I do not have yet. The spas you mentioned that have the same capability of all jets on at the same time, Do they have diverter valves?

TBK.

I own an arctic spa, cub designer model, and can have all the jets running at equal pressure in all the seats at the same time, and the pressure is more than sufficient.

As for the claim that the pressure in the seats of a bullfrog are all the same all around the tub, this is possible, but only if the jets closer to the pump are of a lesser flow than those located in seats further away. Physics, and plumbing, will show that if all seats have equal flow abilities the seats located furthest from the pump will have less flow since they are all being fed by the same pipe, as pressure is released to the seats closest to the pump, this leaves less pressure to travel to seats further on down the line. Take a hose, plug the end, put equally spaced pinholes all along the lenght of it and turn on the water. You will notice that the water closest to the tap will shoot up higher than through the holes at the end of the holes. Now i'm not saying bullfrog is bad, i liked how well built they were in fact, but i did test, and noticed this pressure drop (i specifically asked all seats be organized with the same jets around the tub to see for myself after i was told this could be an issue due to design). It's not a huge pressure loss, but it's there.

I own an arctic spa, cub designer model, and can have all the jets running at equal pressure in all the seats at the same time, and the pressure is more than sufficient.

As for the claim that the pressure in the seats of a bullfrog are all the same all around the tub, this is possible, but only if the jets closer to the pump are of a lesser flow than those located in seats further away.

Ummm a manifold is used in most spa's that the pump feeds and if it is fed right it can be almost equaly diverted to all the lines. From this point it is dispersed to the different jets. And while you are right the jets with the shortest run from the manifold will relieve pressure more quickly the longer runs will have almost the same pressure but less volume. I dout that this difference will be noticable to you or me. The diverters should be located in this manifold or close to it, or direct the flow to a different manifold.

The key in your statement Kahuna is the flow is suffiecient for you.

I have 1-3.5 HP pump in my tub and the flow in any seat or all the seats at the same time with the diverter centered is perfect for me. It would not matter to me if anyone though it wasn't suffiecient, it ain't there tub it's mine.

Ummm a manifold is used in most spa's that the pump feeds and if it is fed right it can be almost equaly diverted to all the lines. From this point it is dispersed to the different jets. And while you are right the jets with the shortest run from the manifold will relieve pressure more quickly the longer runs will have almost the same pressure but less volume. I dout that this difference will be noticable to you or me. The diverters should be located in this manifold or close to it, or direct the flow to a different manifold.

The key in your statement Kahuna is the flow is suffiecient for you.

I have 1-3.5 HP pump in my tub and the flow in any seat or all the seats at the same time with the diverter centered is perfect for me. It would not matter to me if anyone though it wasn't suffiecient, it ain't there tub it's mine.

Very true, Roger, thanks for the clarification. Especially "it ain't their tub it's mine" part. To each their own, and it's preference that counts.

If bull frog comes out with aftermarket super sonic sequential jet pak plus, like electronic wave like motions or random jet sequence it can be interchanged and swaped out like it was a new spa. OF coarse the upgrade will cost you more but it would be super

If bull frog comes out with aftermarket super sonic sequential jet pak plus, like electronic wave like motions or random jet sequence it can be interchanged and swaped out like it was a new spa. OF coarse the upgrade will cost you more but it would be super

[/quote

We have decided to become a Bullfrog dealer we recieve our first 50 saturday, 20 have already sold. Those who purchase will be directed to this forum, that way the customers can give you all honest infield information about this amazing product. Im sure you all will give them the curtousy you give each other. In time we will know what Bullfrog is and what the company stands for.

TBK

God Bless

Happy Hunting.

[/quote

We have decided to become a Bullfrog dealer we recieve our first 50 saturday, 20 have already sold. Those who purchase will be directed to this forum, that way the customers can give you all honest infield information about this amazing product. Im sure you all will give them the curtousy you give each other. In time we will know what Bullfrog is and what the company stands for.

TBK

God Bless

Happy Hunting.

Did you guys open in LONG ISLAND NY. A new bullfrog dealer just opened and waiting for spas. Mt. Sinai? Who is your Rep? I talked to a guy Sean

The growing up thing sounded like a really bad pun to me. I don't think he meant it as an insult guys. Geesh, without Jim around there's no place for some to vent thier frustrations.

You said his name! LOL!

As for new folks posting... it takes a little while to get the hang of things around here. Everyone can use a gentle reminder on how to "be nice". It's hard to know if someone has a "joking" tone when reading text. I like to think that everyone posting in here is doing so with integrity always in the forefront. Let's help remind each other not to encourage the use of yuckiness :mellow: and keep things on a primarily educational level and welcome new comments with a grain of salt.

As for bullfrog spas... the first time I heard about the spa packs I can honestly say it intrigued me to no end. I think it's a great and unique idea and different than anything else I'd seen.

I happen to be a "little odd" about no-see-ums like bacteria and such. For my own personal piece of mind, I don't think I'd want something that has a hidden area where bacteria and such could "hide out". It would be more work to me to be checking behind the packs and make sure there is no build up of "things". I know keeping the water clean has it's own set of accomodations, and not sure if just sanitizing the water would be enough to keep the hidden areas clean enough for my taste.

Oh, and I hope I would be skiing at the age of 50! Good for you! And... I happen to be vertically challenged. I won't EVER EVER grow up I tell you... EVER! LOL!

You said his name! LOL!

As for new folks posting... it takes a little while to get the hang of things around here. Everyone can use a gentle reminder on how to "be nice". It's hard to know if someone has a "joking" tone when reading text. I like to think that everyone posting in here is doing so with integrity always in the forefront. Let's help remind each other not to encourage the use of yuckiness :mellow: and keep things on a primarily educational level and welcome new comments with a grain of salt.

As for bullfrog spas... the first time I heard about the spa packs I can honestly say it intrigued me to no end. I think it's a great and unique idea and different than anything else I'd seen.

I happen to be a "little odd" about no-see-ums like bacteria and such. For my own personal piece of mind, I don't think I'd want something that has a hidden area where bacteria and such could "hide out". It would be more work to me to be checking behind the packs and make sure there is no build up of "things". I know keeping the water clean has it's own set of accomodations, and not sure if just sanitizing the water would be enough to keep the hidden areas clean enough for my taste.

Oh, and I hope I would be skiing at the age of 50! Good for you! And... I happen to be vertically challenged. I won't EVER EVER grow up I tell you... EVER! LOL!

You have a wonderful sense of humor!!! Stay humble

:blink::blink::blink:

You have a wonderful sense of humor!!! Stay humble

:blink::blink::blink:

No worry there is circulation behind the pack the water moves a 7gpm. If that is your only complaint about Bullfrog maybe you should buy one. I can send you video of one running on my floor to see that. If you like.

TBK

God Bless

Happy Hunting.

TBK

God Bless

Happy Hunting.

Good Luck TBK, hope all goes well for you. As for me, i wet tested bullfrog, just personal preference i went with Arctic (liked the seats better), bullfrog are built very well also and i'm sure you'll do well.

Good Luck TBK, hope all goes well for you. As for me, i wet tested bullfrog, just personal preference i went with Arctic (liked the seats better), bullfrog are built very well also and i'm sure you'll do well.

yeah the erganomics in my point of view was inferior to bullfrogs. The artic was very compfortable and the bullfrog was a little plain. Despite the seating the idea of bullfrog is great.

No worry there is circulation behind the pack the water moves a 7gpm. If that is your only complaint about Bullfrog maybe you should buy one. I can send you video of one running on my floor to see that. If you like.

TBK

God Bless

Happy Hunting.

7 gallons/min sounds cool but there gotta be a crevice or two that needs to be cleaned. Do you recommend cleaning behind the packs? If so, how often. What happens if someone gets the psuedomonis bacteria in the spa... taking care of this would be difficult I would think. I would be a bit concerned about fitting my whole family in it as well. Our family ranges from 6'8"(son-in-law) to 5'4"(me) and everthing in between. If all the seats are the same size how could this fit my family correctly?

7 gallons/min sounds cool but there gotta be a crevice or two that needs to be cleaned. Do you recommend cleaning behind the packs? If so, how often. What happens if someone gets the psuedomonis bacteria in the spa... taking care of this would be difficult I would think. I would be a bit concerned about fitting my whole family in it as well. Our family ranges from 6'8"(son-in-law) to 5'4"(me) and everthing in between. If all the seats are the same size how could this fit my family correctly?

The problem would be fitting them? Or would the problem be fitting them compfortly. I had a customer that loved the coleman spa but he was 6' 9" tall and when he sat in the spa he liked, his shoulders went above the compfort collar and had no chance. His torso was way too tall. He didn't want to settle for the Cal Coop series because of the wood frame. We just didn't have a spa that was suitable for him except being that he was also 400lbs. he sat in the 700 series and couldn't get out. Bullfrog spa's on the other hand was manageable for him and he liked the idea of the jet packs. I told him about the spa and he wrote me a testimonial and comes to my store for chemicals all the time and also just purchased an inground pool from me. WHoah I just went on a tangent but you get my idea. That is a great concern you brought up amanda about cleaning behind the Jet packs I really never thought of that.