IN.XE-5-12-H4.0 and in.k500

Dyno

Hello, I have an IN.XE-5-12-H4.0 #0602-221021 spa pack with a k600 topside. The topside recently started to display completely lit up or completely blank - either way, the display doesn't change when trying to change anything. I can turn pumps on/off and turn LED lighting on/off. I can't tell if the temp is adjusting or any settings that the I need the screen for. I figured the topside went bad, and ordered a new one. I was told that an in.k500 would work, being color led, I figured why not. I plugged it in, turned power on on and received this message: There is a problem communicating with the pack. Please check connections or update software. My questions are:

1) Is the topside the logical problem?

2) Will the k500 work with this pack?

3) I see there is an IN.STICK for upgrading software, would this be what I would need?

4) Though a color screen would be cool, should I just get the k600?

Thanks for any help/info,

Dave.

10 hours ago, Dyno said:

1) Is the topside the logical problem?

There could be a software conflict but could also be the low level power supply or capacitor 

https://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?/topic/53524-gecko-inxe-spa-pack-stuck-in-boot-up-low-voltage-power-supply/#comment-208142

See the June 11 post by seabast the photo with the blown capacitor. look at the top of the cap. See how it bulges outward. Bad cap.

10 hours ago, Dyno said:

2) Will the k500 work with this pack?

It should

10 hours ago, Dyno said:

3) I see there is an IN.STICK for upgrading software, would this be what I would need?

You have to identify the issue first... 1 800 784 3256 Gecko Tech Support

10 hours ago, Dyno said:

4) Though a color screen would be cool, should I just get the k600?

You have to identify the issue first...