Circ pump keeps triping breaker

2000 dimension one arena ultralite 

The circ pump has been tripping the breaker, its been going on for about a year or 2. We did the whole unplug certain wires and whatnot to determine its the circ pump.

What normally happens is my dad will install a new circ pump, everything will run fine for a couple weeks, then it will start tripping, more frequently as its kept on, until one point it cant stay on for more than 5 seconds. He’ll install a new one and repeat. Ive checked the wiring and cant seem to figure out why, i know its possibke but i cant see a circ pump going bad after 3 months. Heres some pics of the circuit board, the one unplugged is for the circ pump

BBDFD588-3BB5-434E-A642-09A050304A8F.jpeg

14879D80-9B75-4408-845F-07D67790012E.jpeg

I would open it up and try to determine why it failed so quickly. It is a magnetic drive pump and sometimes water quality can effect it's operation due to calcium build up. When you open up the face of the pump housing you will see the impeller. I would power it up with the pump removed to see if the impeller is spinning properly or not. Next you can separate /pull apart the (hard to describe) the metal collar that is just outside of the impeller. As it is magnetic drive the magnet will have force holding it in but you can pull it apart by hand. https://www.boospa.net/en/laing-e10-repair-kit-r112-rotor.html

The link is what it should look like pulled apart. Now that you can see the backside and the pocket it sits in look for calcium deposits that could effect it's operation. 

If it is not spinning at all perhaps test for power at the back of the pump and make sure you have correct power getting to the pump. White to black should give you the correct power either 120V or 240V depending on what pump you have installed. According to the schematic it should be a 120V pump. Verify that is what you have and not a 230V circ pump. 

1 hour ago, Aaron1201 said:

Is there another brand pump i could use

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvrqlmZDkmA

12 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

I would open it up and try to determine why it failed so quickly. It is a magnetic drive pump and sometimes water quality can effect it's operation due to calcium build up. When you open up the face of the pump housing you will see the impeller. I would power it up with the pump removed to see if the impeller is spinning properly or not. Next you can separate /pull apart the (hard to describe) the metal collar that is just outside of the impeller. As it is magnetic drive the magnet will have force holding it in but you can pull it apart by hand. https://www.boospa.net/en/laing-e10-repair-kit-r112-rotor.html

The link is what it should look like pulled apart. Now that you can see the backside and the pocket it sits in look for calcium deposits that could effect it's operation. 

If it is not spinning at all perhaps test for power at the back of the pump and make sure you have correct power getting to the pump. White to black should give you the correct power either 120V or 240V depending on what pump you have installed. According to the schematic it should be a 120V pump. Verify that is what you have and not a 230V circ pump. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvrqlmZDkmA

Thank you! Will definitly crack it open, forgot to mention too we installed/converted it a salt water system. Im not sure if that would affect the buildup or not. 

Thanks again for all the info, greatly appreciated.

7 minutes ago, Aaron1201 said:

we installed/converted it a salt water system. Im not sure if that would affect the buildup or not. 

I have seen some pretty damaging effects from "salt" systems that are not properly maintained by end users.