2012 Envoy Red and Green LED's flashing in power up

Seismic

I have flashing red and green lights on the control panel, this is a full 37 degrees temp tub previously fully working tub, but these lights have come on.

I have removed all filers and reset power, same problem after about 20 secs.

The circa pump has 120v and is operating, good water flow and bubbles from bottom of tub, heater is just warm to the touch but no hot spots, no known air locks. Feeder pipe from heater output hose has small 8mm breather pipe off it to filter compartment that has no air coming out of it, just water.

The Lim OK LED is lit, the others are off.

I have checked the Reg Therm and LIM Therm thermistors, both give same resistance reading, which is circa 4.15K Ohms when in 37 degrees of water which appears to be correct according to resistance/temp scale I have seen published.

The pressure switch in heater housing reads 415 Ohms and open circuit with pumps running and not running respectively.

Struggling to find the cause, any ideas?

Should Lim OK LED be lit or off in normal good operation?

7 hours ago, Seismic said:

The circa pump has 120v and is operating, good water flow and bubbles from bottom of tub,

My 2019 Highlife spa did the same thing a year ago.  Tub was in protect mode - luckily for me the tub was covered under warranty.   Dealer said it was a temperature sensor and they replaced both.

I know you said they read correct resistance, but I wonder if they are just far enough apart to cause an issue?

But I'm not a spa tech.  There is a Hotspring owners group over on Facebook which has several retired hotspring techs that might be able to help more

9 hours ago, Seismic said:

The pressure switch in heater housing reads 415 Ohms and open circuit with pumps running and not running respectively.

Bypass pressure switch connection on circuit board. It should read nearly 0 ohms when pump is on.

9 hours ago, Seismic said:

Should Lim OK LED be lit or off in normal good operation?

On. 

Hi, thought it might be the flow/pressure switch, wasn't sure if it could be shorted to 0 Ohms, have now shorted and heater has come on, buying an inline flow switch as the pressure switch is built in to the heater and not sold as a spare part.

Thanks for your help, problem sorted.

• Like 1