What is this pipe?

Chris M.

Hi,

We just got a brand new HotSpring Envoy this month and we love it. A corner came with a slight crack and a replacement is on order, but after initial set up and treatment, everything works great.

The only question I have, is what is this pipe in the equipment compartment that has masking tape and a pink string of some kind?

Everything seems to work perfectly so I am mostly just curious. Thanks!

48C187E5-3407-4186-AA01-606107102B50.jpeg

It’s for speakers if you choose to have music installed.  Those two oval caps on top of the hot tub can be removed and pop-up speakers installed.  That clear hose is where you would run one of the speaker wires through.  There will be another one on the other side of the hot tub for the other speaker if you were to look for it.

• Like 2

Yep, can confirm it's a conduit with a chase-line to assist technicians when installing speakers in the spa.   All Hotspring highlife spas are built from the factory compatible with every upgrade available (speaker holes cutout with blank covers installed, coolzone conduit holes, saltwater system etc)

Funny story - when they tried installing speakers in my tub, one of the speaker wire conduits was crimped/pinched such that he chase wire wouldn't budge for one speaker and they had to cut a channel out of the foam to run one of the speaker wires lol.