Dreammaker Spa / Balboa not heating up

Quadder

Hey everyone, new to the forum. I have a Dreammaker Spa with the Balboa pack (RS101 / 56403-05) and lost heat. Checked flow and it seems good. Replaced heater, checked fuses and checked water pump. All seem fine. The tester shows there is power to the heater so? I'd hate to throw a control board at it but just not sure what else it could be. Any help is appreciated.

• Quadder changed the title to Dreammaker Spa / Balboa not heating up
2 hours ago, Quadder said:

The tester shows there is power to the heater so

Is it 120V or 240V electrical. If it is 120V and you have power to the heater as you say then perhaps you are not waiting long enough. A 120V spa might take 36+ hours to heat up to temp (100) from a cold (58 degree) fresh fill .

Do you have a separate thermostat? I don't have the same hot tub, but mine has two different ones: a wet one in the filter well, and a dry one that's pressed against the heater.

If that's not it, then I think you're running out of variables. I think that the only things left would be wires and the circuit board.

16 hours ago, Quadder said:

The tester shows there is power to the heater so?

Has the spa run as a 240V set up previously or is this a new set up?

Disconnect the heater from the board and test for 240V coming off the board when the spa is calling for heat and the heat LED on the topside is solid and not flickering. If you have 240V the board is good and the issue is at the heater. 

Make sure dip switch 10 is off for high amperage mode. Post photos of the circuit board and dip switches and schematic on inside cover

Overview Manual: https://peoplelikeclearwater.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/CONTROL-SYSTEM-OVERVIEW-240V.pdf