2005 J325 Jacuzzi jets do not work

jcabot

I have a Jacuzzi LED Series 2005 ProTech hot tub (model J-325 if I'm not mistaken) with non-functional jets.

Pressing the jets icon on the on-spa control panel causes them to produce an electrical humming noise.

I have had this issue for roughly 6 months and more recently within the past 2 months has this corresponded with an "FL1" error alongside problems with heating, though these issues are inconsistent - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Basic solutions such as refilling it and turning it off and on have done nothing.

• jcabot changed the title to 2005 J325 Jacuzzi jets do not work

On the pump motors, there is a cap on the end which you can remove and use a screwdriver to assist in spinning the motor. If it spins freely with the power off, then try spinning the shaft when the tub tries to start the motor. If it starts, you need a motor start capacitor. If it doesn't start, now you need to see if the motor is getting the right voltage to it.

If it doesn't spin freely, you need to either rebuild or replace the pump motor.

• Like 1