Leak & Flow Error

Skotzman

Morning all,

I have a 20 year old Beachcomber 350. Have had it since new and kept it well maintained. Over the years I have changed out the pump, element etc and kept it in fairly good working order.

I now have two issues:

a) Could anyone recommend a sealer that they have personally used to fix leaks? I have moved the tub and now seem to have a significant leak. The underneath of the tub is filled with expanding foam so no way of tracing and sealing the pipe externally, so need to find an additive that will do the job. Dropping about 100m per day.

b) The tub now goes into a flow error when it reaches temp. When I start the tub when cold, I need to turn on the pump otherwise it immediately goes into flow error. The tub will then run until it reaches temp, then go into flow error. Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,

Dougie

The fatal flaw with Beechcomber is the non removeable panels and any repair to leaking plumbing involves standing the spa up and removing the bottom. Often it has to be placed up on jack stands and all the pump connections need to be plugged off to be able to get water back in it to find the leak. Big job. There are liquid products available (Stop Leak) and some have had limited short term success and I do not recommend. Best shot at repair without standing it up is to let it leak down until it reaches a point where it stops. Then I remove the jet and use a quality GE silicone (I use marine grade) and run a bead of silicone around where the let body meets the acrylic. 

The flo error is likely a faulty flow switch but there could be other issues and I would start there. Dirty filter can be a flow killer so remove them and try without. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Another positive vote for Fix-A-Leak. I just fixed 2 leaks with my Dimension 1 Meridian Spa. You need to remove any filters during the process to prevent them from clogging up with the solution.  The only issue I noticed was an immediate FLO error when the solution was poured into the hot tub.  Most likely the pressure switch got clogged and needs to be replaced.  

heat_pump.jpeg

leak.jpeg

On 6/24/2022 at 7:42 AM, Cusser said:

I have a 1988 CalSpa with a small leak I have been unable to locate (one side is 8" from house wall).  So about a decade ago I started using Fix-a-Leak once or twice a year, and it does work.

https://www.fixaleak.com/

I noticed a leak just this week after turning the temperature control a few degrees lower.  So I added an ounce of Fix-a-Leak again as per bottle instructions.