Are pool pump pipe sizes different than pvc?

Sephz

So I just received my new waterway pump replacement for my indoor hot tub. I purchased a model with “2” intake and 2” discharge” but when I went to hook the pump up…it wasn’t 2” at all. In fact none of the 2” pvc fittings fit on it at all they are too small, nor did the 3” pvc fittings which were all too big.

what gives?! Did a buy a pump from a company that made a mistake or ate pool pump plumbing fixtures measured differently than the rest of the worlds plumbing? (That would be pretty dumb if that were the case) 

regardless does anyone know where I can get a converter piece for my 2” pool pump measurement to a 2” pvc?

We have a Dim1 DT 19 2007. The standard for  input  and output on these high speed pumps should be 2" PVC, could be  1 1/2" on some models. If you are so inclined, you could return it for the smaller dia wet end of your pump. Perhaps you could get some parts, PVC type like reducers or the flexible slip (glue able) a little extra pipe in case you can plumb the input or output differently to suit your situation. Use the Cristy's blue primer and glue, if possible place a gate valve in either run when ever possible.  We used a 20V Porter Cable Sabre saw with small and large blades for cutting the pipe in place prior to forming the input and output lines. Dig out your  foam as needed. 

DSCI0031.JPG