Air bubble in Chemtrol probe unit

TerryT

I have a Chemtrol control system which utilizes 2 probes. The unit holding the probes will not properly bleed the air out. I attached a picture. I assume the tube in the top is designed to bleed off the air but that is not happening. I think it has to do with pressure differences as the water flows through the unit. If I close the exit valve and shake the unit the air leaves but eventually comes back. If I open the bottom tube while water is flowing through it pulls in air. If I close the exit valve it will then push water out the bottom tube but not air.

AirLock.HEIC

If you can purge the air, but it comes back, you have another issue and the bubble is a symptom of that.  locate the air leak, then your problem here may correct on its own.

Note: the tube at the top may be working ok, its just that just as much air is entering as is bleeding off!

Also, cleaning the filter will increase flow through that point, assisting in moving the air along..