Circuit board wired wrong

Lowclass

Hi All

Looking for some input. I got this hot tub used and have been told it stopped working and they had someone inspect it and said it needs a circuit board. Now when I look into the board I find the pump is plugged into j29 which is for ozone. Not sure why if this was done to drain it maybe or not. Also the dip switch 10 is set to on and should be off for 240v. Should I take my chances once I get the power ran at my house to it and fix the issues I see first or should I replace the board? 

20211229_155824.jpg

20211229_155845.jpg

All the components for that spa are currently wired to run as 120V. You need to look on each component and verify if they are 240V or 120V. If the pump is a 240V pump then you need to move the W1 White wire from White AC down the the Red AC section of the board. White AC section is for 120V components Red AC section is for 240V components. Please post a photo of the schematic on the inside cover.

Get it wired correctly and power it up and let us know results

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

All the components for that spa are currently wired to run as 120V. You need to look on each component and verify if they are 240V or 120V. If the pump is a 240V pump then you need to move the W1 White wire from White AC down the the Red AC section of the board. White AC section is for 120V components Red AC section is for 240V components. Please post a photo of the schematic on the inside cover.

Get it wired correctly and power it up and let us know results

Ya I understand that. They had it converted to run on 240v which is strictly just heater then. My concern is that when I opened the cover the pump plug was connected to the 0zone port. Now I don't know if this is due to the company they had in their to look at it or not. 

All components are 120v.

20211229_155924.jpg

Ok and are your intentions to run 240 or 120? With A10 on the spa will not run the heater and pump at the same time so if running 120V A10 on 240V A10 off provided you have a GFCI big enough to run both at the same time (40 amp min.) I would also run the pump timeout at 15 mins on both high and low speeds A5 off A9 on. A7 off should give you the option to run different modes as well like Economy mode where the spa only turns the heater on during filter cycles but if you are running 120V this might not work well for you during the cold mths.

1 hour ago, Lowclass said:

My concern is that when I opened the cover the pump plug was connected to the 0zone port

Plug into proper location and give it a whirl. 

If you can access the back end of the pump remove the quarter sized "dust" cap that is dead center of the motor and there is a slot in the shaft of the motor that you can put a flat head screwdriver into and see if the shaft spins freely to make sure it is not seized. Could be why it was not working.

1 hour ago, Lowclass said:

I am thinking the pump is the issue. I can't spin it from the vent side near the shaft. 

If you are brave enough it can be DIY rebuilt with a new seal kit, Impeller and possible front bearing if needed. Lots of Youtube vids out there.